x

Share | 

DeAngelo Williams RB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:45 am

Quote :
Carolina Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams made the start in Week 1 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but he managed just six carries for minus-1 yard. He also had one reception for five yards.

sick

What the fuck?

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Yeah how exactly did this happen, and against the bucs...
Thank goodness he didn't cost me

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Yeah how exactly did this happen, and against the bucs...
Thank goodness he didn't cost me
The Carolina offensive line...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Quote :
Carolina Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams lashed out via Twitter at fantasy football owners who were critical of Williams' Week 5 performance. The running back rushed for just six yards on six carries. "Dear upset fantasy owners with the bad language, you are a fantasy owner for a reason, because you can't play or apparently fantasy coach!"

So he's saying if people knew how to fantasy coach they wouldn't be starting him?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous report, the Carolina Panthers have received inquiries from at least one playoff-contending team about the availability of RB DeAngelo Williams.

This would be a great thing on several fronts.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Now where do they go from here?

Since JStew has been out (week 13), DWilly has been either solid or great, minus week 16.

445 yds rushing, 2 TD's

8 Rec 140 yds 2 TD's

I am beginning to really wonder about Carolina's approach to their backfield. I still believe in the old adage that a RB has got to get into the flow to start producing.

Do they trade one of them?

Hoping they re-look at this whole mess, since I have him for a couple more years in a couple of leagues. I was considering taking the cap hit and dropping him in one (way overpaid) where I took over an orphan. Now I'm just not so sure.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Wed May 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Quote :
Williams has restructured his contract with the Panthers, ESPN.com reports. Analysis: Players tweak their deals fairly often, but in the case of Williams, it is notable since there had been whispers that his previous contract could lead to the Panthers potentially dangling him in trade talks. His restructuring frees up $3.2 million in salary cap space this year, while also lowering his future cap hits. In any case, the move ensures that Williams will stick around in Carolina to share the team's backfield with Jonathan Stewart and fullback Mike Tolbert.

And ensuring that his and J-Stew's value remains non-existent.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Wed May 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Williams has restructured his contract with the Panthers, ESPN.com reports. Analysis: Players tweak their deals fairly often, but in the case of Williams, it is notable since there had been whispers that his previous contract could lead to the Panthers potentially dangling him in trade talks. His restructuring frees up $3.2 million in salary cap space this year, while also lowering his future cap hits. In any case, the move ensures that Williams will stick around in Carolina to share the team's backfield with Jonathan Stewart and fullback Mike Tolbert.

Yup...
and Barner's too................

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Wed May 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Quote :

Yup...

I didn't think he and Tolbert were worth mentioning Laughing

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Wed May 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Quote :

Yup...

LOL, well, yeah, but I just couldn't resist.

I still have zero understanding what they are thinking in Carolina when it comes to this.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Wed May 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
Quote :

Yup...

LOL, well, yeah, but I just couldn't resist.

I still have zero understanding what they are thinking in Carolina when it comes to this.

Didn't you get the memo? The NFL is a run first league....

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Thu May 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Carolina... Another shit storm of fantasy crap. Cam to Steve Smith is the only save grace in this shitstorm known as a NFL team.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Thu May 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Carolina... Another shit storm of fantasy crap. Cam to Steve Smith is the only save grace in this shitstorm known as a NFL team.

Don't be so hard on the kittens! They have a few IDP with some value!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Thu May 16, 2013 1:40 pm

You're right... Luke is a monster, Beason was a monster. They deserve to be on other teams. lol

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Thu May 16, 2013 1:53 pm

You're right... Luke is a monster, Beason was a monster. They deserve to be on other teams. lol

You are starting to sound like me Rob...I just read like 5 player bashing comments in a row from you. Laughing

clap

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Thu May 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

You are starting to sound like me Rob...I just read like 5 player bashing comments in a row from you. Laughing

clap

Haha... ROFL

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Fri May 17, 2013 12:54 am

Bitter Stewart fans bashing the Carolina front office because they are hurting Stewart's fantasy value has been one of the more entertaining fantasy subplots over the past few years.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:44 am

Out with a thigh issue.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:57 am

Hurt his ankle on his first game back and now wearing a cast.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:31 pm

CUT to the surprise of nobody.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:35 pm

About. Damn. Time.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:17 pm

signed with pittsburgh

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:20 pm

What an amazing game from DeAngelo tonight. I was way behind in 4 leagues with no shot to win and I ended up winning 2 of them, am leading in one and should win that game, and have a chance at winning the 4th game. Woo Hoo DeAngelo!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Won one because of him and lost one because of him.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
What an amazing game from DeAngelo tonight.  I was way behind in 4 leagues with no shot to win and I ended up winning 2 of them, am leading in one and should win that game, and have a chance at winning the 4th game.  Woo Hoo DeAngelo!

topic sucks

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:40 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Won one because of him and lost one because of him.

Ditto. Old fucker cost me $45 in the RW FanDuel league...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:24 am

Quote :
Free agent RB DeAngelo Williams is expected to join Impact Wrestling.

The 34-year-old has drawn no interest as a free agent and appears to be turning the page to the next chapter in life. Williams made an appearance for Impact in April when he and fellow free agent Gary Barnidge rescued "Moose," who is former NFL OL Quinn Ojinnaka, from an attack in the ring. Williams is expected to compete with Moose as his tag-team partner on July 2. The NFL-wrestling connection is strong. Rob Gronkowski has made several WWE cameos.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Quote :
Free agent RB DeAngelo Williams is expected to join Impact Wrestling.

The 34-year-old has drawn no interest as a free agent and appears to be turning the page to the next chapter in life. Williams made an appearance for Impact in April when he and fellow free agent Gary Barnidge rescued "Moose," who is former NFL OL Quinn Ojinnaka, from an attack in the ring. Williams is expected to compete with Moose as his tag-team partner on July 2. The NFL-wrestling connection is strong. Rob Gronkowski has made several WWE cameos.

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:53 pm

lol that makes me giggle.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:18 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

I wonder what kind of fantasy production he will put up there?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:27 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

I wonder what kind of fantasy production he will put up there?  

I mean, it's fucking Impact. Just about anyone with any talent goes to the WWE.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:50 am

Watch him almost break his neck @ 9:31 mark, and a special guest appearance by Gary Barnidge

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:14 am

I don't understand the appeal of wrestling (for adults anyway). It's scripted so how could you get any excitement from it?

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:52 pm

man he really did overshoot that table. it's just a live story. it's entertaining and humorous but I'm surprised so many adults love it and don't completely outgrow it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Wrestling is so homosexual.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:16 am

Quote :
Running back DeAngelo Williams impressed wrestling fans in his debut for Impact Wrestling, but he says he’s done with the squared circle for now. With training camp rapidly approaching, Williams is looking to sign with an NFL team for the 2017 season.

Williams told ESPN he was pretty open, but that he wouldn’t sign with four teams: Jacksonville, Carolina, Cleveland and Dallas. He won’t sign with the Jaguars or Browns because, basically, those teams suck. (Fair enough.) Williams won’t sign with Carolina because he didn’t like the way the Panthers handled his release. “You don’t go back to exes,” he told Adam Schefter.

But he also won’t play for the Cowboys for a personal reason regarding his favorite team as a kid (the 49ers) and his general dislike of Dallas fans:

“My fandom for the team I was raised as will not allow me to go to the Cowboys,” Williams told Schefter. “I’m an ’80s baby ... and the 49ers ruled the ’80s. The Cowboys somewhat did something in the ’90s; I even refuse to give them that.

“The Cowboys, they win. They just don’t ever show up during the playoffs. They always disappear in the playoffs. I’ve got a great depiction of the Cowboys’ fan base. During the regular season last year, they were on cloud nine. You couldn’t tell them anything because they were going to win the ‘ship — that’s all they said. Fans just got extremely super annoying. Then, the minute they lose, they either got cheated, somebody was hurt — the excuses start flowing. It’s just amazing to me. That fan base just in general can’t handle defeat. Still, to this day, they say that the Dez Bryant catch against the Green Bay Packers was a catch!”

Ouch. Hopefully Williams signs with a team that plays against Dallas this season.

rofl rofl

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:01 am

I read that on ESPN a couple days ago. The Cowboys fans in the comments were not a happy bunch, claiming that they didn't need him and wouldn't have signed him anyway. I love me a defensive Cowboys fan.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:07 am

Wow I like D Willy 10x more now Laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Yeah that shit is really funny. Love it when guys open up and be completely honest. laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams RB FA   

Back to top Go down

DeAngelo Williams RB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: