Share | 

Matt Schaub QB BAL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Quote :
Adam Schefter of ESPN tweeted Sunday that the Texans and quarterback Matt Schaub have agreed to a four-year, $62 million contract extension. Analysis: Schaub missed half of last season with a foot injury but he looked sharp in his return to the field Sunday versus the Dolphins. The 31-year-old threw for 266 yards and a touchdown on 31 passing attempts. He did not throw an interception.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:51 pm

What a great winning celebration

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 pm

I've always like Schaub. Won me a championship or two a few years back

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 pm

I don't know what it is about Schaub but I've just never dug him. Can't put my finger on it.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
I don't know what it is about Schaub but I've just never dug him. Can't put my finger on it.

He's a loser. The Tony Romo type. He'll put up good numbers, but put the game on the line and he is the kind of QB that you can put money on a sack fumble.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Just signed a 2 yr extension

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

thinking

The first post his about his new deal. smile and wave

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

thinking

The first post his about his new deal. smile and wave

Doh!

I thought this player topic had been around awhile and just scrolled to the bottom doh loser

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Laughing I was surprised too Brad.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:40 am

Quote :
Schaub was benched in the fourth quarter Sunday against the 49ers and replaced by T.J. Yates. Analysis: Schaub had a horrendous game against the 49ers completing 19-of-35 passes for 173 yards and three interceptions. The team managed three points while he was running the offense and he has now had interceptions returned for touchdowns in four consecutive games. Many were calling for his removal and now there will be a quarterback controversy in Houston heading into Week 6. Keep a close watch to see who coach Gary Kubiak elects to start next week against the Rams.
Well fuck...

Here I thought trading Verner for him in a 2QB league was a stroke of genius.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:56 pm

Was brutal to watch. Things got real bad real quick

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Was brutal to watch.  Things got real bad real quick
He needs to hit the reset button and settle himself down. You can almost see his confidence drop each game.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:43 pm

He hasn't been the same since the "varsity" game against the Patriots.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Vick hurt. Manuel hurt. Schaub benched. That leaves me with Ponder...oh....wow.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Those throws he made in the 49ers game were just brutal. Schaub had no business throwing the ball on his 3 picks.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Vick hurt.  Manuel hurt.  Schaub benched.  That leaves me with Ponder...oh....wow.

Ouch
Code:

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Rotoworld wrote:
(Rotoworld) Sources tell SportsRadio 610 in Houston that Texans "fans" confronted Matt Schaub at his home Tuesday night. Analysis: Schaub has thrown a pick-six in an NFL record four straight games as the Texans have sunk to 2-3. "A fan went to his house and told him off," a source said. Another person reportedly took pictures of Schaub's family and then posted them on Facebook. The fans -- who have clearly gone way past the line here -- left before police could respond. The Texans, NFL Security and the Houston Police Department are all looking into the matter.
Seriously losers? Bitching about pro athletes on the internet should be enough. Hopefully these fuckheads got T-boned on their chicken shit retreat from the Schaub home.

The common man shouldn't feel like they can address these folks face to face and I blame Twitter in a round about way for this shit...people are getting real comfortable with the idea of attacking folks they don't even know and shouldn't have access to.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Rotoworld wrote:
(Rotoworld) Sources tell SportsRadio 610 in Houston that Texans "fans" confronted Matt Schaub at his home Tuesday night. Analysis: Schaub has thrown a pick-six in an NFL record four straight games as the Texans have sunk to 2-3. "A fan went to his house and told him off," a source said. Another person reportedly took pictures of Schaub's family and then posted them on Facebook. The fans -- who have clearly gone way past the line here -- left before police could respond. The Texans, NFL Security and the Houston Police Department are all looking into the matter.
Seriously losers? Bitching about pro athletes on the internet should be enough.  Hopefully these fuckheads got T-boned on their chicken shit retreat from the Schaub home.

The common man shouldn't feel like they can address these folks face to face and I blame Twitter in a round about way for this shit...people are getting real comfortable with the idea of attacking folks they don't even know and shouldn't have access to.
Fantastic post and I couldn't agree more.  These entitled fucking bitches need to realize this shit is just a game.  One we all love and care deeply for but in the end it's just a game.  Get mad, be passionate, curse his name if you have to but don't fucking harass the guy.  Utter disrespectful bullshit.

That said...

This must fuck with his head even more than it has been already. I have NEVER been a huge Schaub fan. He's in the same mold as Alex Smith. Competent but won't light the world on fire. He needs to get his head on straight and get back to basics.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Too far, way too far... Taking pics and putting them on facebook??? WTF!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:19 am

End of the line for Schaub? Not that Houston has anyone else.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Quote :
Schaub (ankle/foot) will not play this week. Analysis: As a result, Case Keenum will start Sunday's game against the Chiefs, while Schaub's next chance to play will be on November 3 against the Colts, following the Texans' Week 8 bye.
Fucking schlub.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Case Keenum? Fuck. Real pity the Chiefs D is already owned everywhere in D/ST leagues.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:05 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Case Keenum? Fuck. Real pity the Chiefs D is already owned everywhere in D/ST leagues.
But they are always available on the daily FF sites. mischevious 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:23 pm

England Dragons wrote:
But they are always available on the daily FF sites.  mischevious 
LMAO.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:02 am

Matt Schaub sucks ass...

That is all.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:36 am

Quote :
Sources tell NFL Network that Matt Schaub has torn ligaments in his ankle. Analysis: Essentially, an ankle sprain consists of torn ligaments. Perhaps we're being conspiracy theorists, but leaking this injury to sound bad could be a case of the Texans wanting to get another look at Case Keenum. The undrafted rookie was extremely impressive prior to the bye, completing 15-of-25 passes for 271 yards, one touchdown and one turnover in a brutal spot at Kansas City. The source tells the NFL Network that Schaub will attempt to play through his injury, but may not be "right" all season.
Brutal.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:14 am

I think Schaub has to try and play through it. This is his last chance to earn any of the future money in his contract. 10MM, 12.5MM and 14.5MM base salaries in the next 3 years is looking like a bad contract for the Texans.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:26 pm

I sincerely doubt this is the last we see of Schaub in the NFL. His play this year has been awful but then again Kurt Warner looked dreadful for a few years in the Giants. Most of what I see is mental. He can fix this.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Quote :
National Football Post's Len Pasquarelli passes along "scuttlebutt" that the Raiders may pursue Matt Schaub once the Texans release him. Analysis: Schaub's release is a mere formality, as he's owed $11 million in 2014 salary and bonuses and isn't worth half that much. He could command $3-4 million annually on a backup-caliber deal. Per Pasquarelli, Schaub "has some fans in the organization." We hope the Raiders wouldn't be counting on Schaub to start.

Hmmm.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:17 am

Quote :
The Texans are reportedly closing in on a deal to send Schaub to the Raiders for a late-round draft selection, the Houston Chronicle reports. Analysis: Assuming Schaub heads to the Raiders, the Texans -- who seem destined to draft a franchise QB candidate in May -- will still have three signal-callers on their roster; newly-signed Ryan Fitzpatrick, T.J. Yates and Case Keenum. With the Raiders, the 32-year-old Schaub, who struggled with the Texans last season, would presumably be the favorite to start over the options the team currently rosters (Terrelle Pryor, Matt McGloin and Trent Edwards).

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Another player in Oakland pergatory, at least it'll only be a 2-3 year sentence

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:45 pm

When the Oakland Raiders draft turn rolls around, all the players in the green room are going to make a run to the bathroom and they are all going to lock the door.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Not sure why Oakland would think Schaub is an upgrade for them after the meltdown season he had last year. And at 32 he is not a long term option. I really don't think he can be any better than Pryor or McGloin were already, and at least those guys are still young and would presumably get better... There is no hope of Schaub progressing, they can only hope to slow down the regression...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:02 pm

In 4 yrs, they have wasted 3 late picks on 3 sacks of monkey shit. Fire the GM already and stop the bleeding. Schaub sucked with talented guys around him. Now he has what exactly? Oh wait, they signed James "Hands of Stone" Jones. Which would rock if they scored points for MMA type nick names. Sigh. The Black Hole, where QB's go to die.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:40 pm

I think Schaub in Oakland isn't great but I think he will be fine until they find a franchise guy. Now, will they do that..probably not.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:46 pm

I think Schaub in Oakland isn't great but I think he will be fine until they find a franchise guy.  Now, will they do that..probably not.

I think this would be my outlook if they hadn't done the exact same thing with Palmer and Flynn. It's clearly not working. This is the definition of insanity...

They need to commit to a rookie and build around him. It's not like they've put together a solid roster around these short term options. The whole situation is just a mess.

Oh well. Teams like the raiders make me feel better about my Redskins...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I think Schaub in Oakland isn't great but I think he will be fine until they find a franchise guy.  Now, will they do that..probably not.

I think this would be my outlook if they hadn't done the exact same thing with Palmer and Flynn.  It's clearly not working.  This is the definition of insanity...

They need to commit to a rookie and build around him.  It's not like they've put together a solid roster around these short term options.  The whole situation is just a mess.

Oh well.  Teams like the raiders make me feel better about my Redskins...

Oh I agree. If they don't have a plan to draft a solid guy this year or next they are morons but you could do much worse than Matt Schaub.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:35 pm

you could do much worse than Matt Schaub.

You could do worse, sure, but I don't know about MUCH worse.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Fine...not like I can argue that too much. I would prefer Schaub to Carson Palmer so I guess I feel like it's better than what they have had in recent years.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:54 pm

I would prefer the Schaub from 2-3 years ago over Carson Palmer as well...  but that is not the Schaub that the Faiders just invested in...   Schaub melted down last year and lost his job to an undrafted rookie...   you would still prefer that over Palmer?

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Eat enough rancid meat and even a McD's burger starts looking like prime rib.

No plan, no QB's, no chance. Ugly season coming. Oh, and I'm figuring Schaub will stink it out and be hurt half the time. May as well have signed the AFLAC Duck, or that crazy talking Pig from Geico.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I would prefer the Schaub from 2-3 years ago over Carson Palmer as well...  but that is not the Schaub that the Faiders just invested in...   Schaub melted down last year and lost his job to an undrafted rookie...   you would still prefer that over Palmer?

I would prefer a lot of things over Palmer. As for last season...I dunno...sure he looked like shit but was that all Schaub? My memory is already getting hazy on the 2013 Texans but I remember a few things about the team making me think "wtf?" including the decision to fuckin go back and forth between Schaub and Keenum at one point...and I have always felt that Kubiak was a tool so until the court produces irrefutable evidence I am choosing to blame the coaching staff for what has gone on down there a bit more than the QB that had very few issues in just a few recent years history.

Will he do well in Oakland....well that coaching staff is awesome, right?  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:24 pm

Palmer didn't have a great season overall last year,   but once he settled into Arians offense (which is relatively complex)  he was the #13 in fantasy scoring over the last half of the season in our league.  That is a low end QB1 high end QB2 territory.   Meanwhile Schaub was being thoroughly outclassed by an undrafted QB.  To each their own I guess...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Palmer could have been #4 for half a season while carrying Larry Fitzgerald on his back like a jockey and I wouldn't consider him worth an ounce of spit but that's a stance I have grown into after watching him play for years getting far too much credit before he finally started the pinball career that we all know him to have today. Was it '05 or '06 when he got hurt in the playoffs when fat shit Steeler fell on his legs? Whatever year it was, that is when Carson had a fork stuck in him. Luckily he had Chad around to take the blame for basically everything so few noticed how wretched Carsons game really had become.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Quote :
The Oakland Raiders have restructured QB Matt Schaub's contract in order to reduce his 2014 salary and salary cap figure. Schaub will still be able to earn $15 million to $20 million in the next two seasons.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Wow. Schaub looked worse than any QB I had seen in years and he still could make 20 mil. Man his life is good.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Schaub is the equivalent of a man who fell in a sewer full of shit, yet popped up out of it smelling like a rose. He should blow his agent, literally, for finding him this kind of cheddar.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Matty ICE  Matty Sclub is on the block in TT!

grin

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:14 pm

CUT

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:27 pm

I would like to start a petition in order to get this topic removed permanently from RW, please.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Schaub QB BAL   

Back to top Go down

Matt Schaub QB BAL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: