HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Jeremy Maclin WR BAL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:45 pm

I see Maclin in KC falling down to a low end WR2 at best... I think a top 20 finish would be a surprise... If KC signs or drafts 1 or 2 legit WR's to take some of the pressure off, he might move up to a high end WR2...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Pretty sure he just tore his ACL for the 3rd time...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:18 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Pretty sure he just tore his ACL for the 3rd time...

Yikes. If that happened you can pretty much put a fork in this guy for the rest of his career. Don't know of anybody who has came back from 3 tears!?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:12 am

Pretty sure I heard today that it was a high ankle sprain and no damage to the knee or ACL at all...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:50 am

Being reported as a high ankle sprain. Obviously a much better long term prognosis but still fucks him and the Chiefs for next week.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:19 am

Maclin is fucked for next week, but I am not so sure about the Chiefs, they can run the ball and play defense, and with the way NE limped across the finish line down the stretch, I don't think they are a lock... should be a close game, I think...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:41 am

Well KC has shown they don't need WRs to score TDs...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I see Maclin in KC falling down to a low end WR2   at best...    I think a top 20 finish would be a surprise...   If KC signs or drafts 1 or 2 legit WR's to take some of the pressure off,   he might move up to a high end WR2...

So, like I said, trolling.

I think Maclin deserves some notice. Chris, I only quote you because 99.999999999% of us thought the same thing.

His year? 87 REC, 1,088 YDS, 8 TD's Finished 15th overall WR at RW. Not bad.

In KCC. With Alex Smith. Did he make Smith look good. Not sure the last time a Chief WR broke 1,000, to lazy to look it up.

If he stays healthy, how good is he really?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:02 pm

In that system, I would expect that to be around his peak. It's a shame, because Smith can't throw the ball well past 20 yards, Maclin is a stud. But he will always get his catches there.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:05 pm

So he finished as a higher WR2 instead of a lower end WR2, not too far off, though he wasn't held back by Smith as much as we all thought he would be... I gotta think that is pretty much his ceiling in that offense, cause Smith is still extremely challenged when it comes to making big boy NFL throws...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:46 am

Yeah I don't think he is going to go any higher then what he did this year. Smith is good, but can't be the guy to throw enough to get him to the next level

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:00 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
So he finished as a higher WR2 instead of a lower end WR2,   not too far off,  though he wasn't held back by Smith as much as we all thought he would be...   I gotta think that is pretty much his ceiling in that offense,  cause Smith is still extremely challenged when it comes to making big boy NFL throws...

Absolutely, if anything Maclin ended up making Smith a viable QBBC option rather than Smith adding any value to Maclin.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Jeremy Maclin, FA   Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:52 pm

Chiefs cut Jeremy Maclin two years after signing him to $55 million deal

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Merged duplicate topics.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Whoa just traded him last night

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:26 pm

I think this may be good for him. Get away from Alex smith.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 pm

Agreed. There are some good spots he could fall into

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:46 pm

that seems a little odd

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:57 am

Wow. Real surprise this one. Chiefs apparently fucked for cap space.

Cap expert Joel Corry indicated Maclin's release may have been almost entirely salary-cap related. The Chiefs' only other high-salary, cut-able veteran was Tamba Hali, but his salary is guaranteed. "They had the most cap commitments of anyone in the league for 2018 prior to the (Maclin) move," Corry said. "They’re going to have to do something else next year. They’re not in good shape, cap-wise." The Chiefs' likeliest 2018 move for cap relief is moving on from Alex Smith.

Even so, a surprise. Chris Conley isn't the answer and Hill can't be a WR1 so there's room for someone to come through.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:25 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Great timing. What did you get?

I've had an offer of a 3rd round 2018 pick for Wilson in a league. I am tempted. Never really thought anything of Wilson, but I suppose he is 2nd/3rd on that depth chart now?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:14 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:

I've had an offer of a 3rd round 2018 pick for Wilson in a league. I am tempted. Never really thought anything of Wilson, but I suppose he is 2nd/3rd on that depth chart now?

I gave Maclin, Jimmy Graham, and a future 2nd for Lesean McCoy.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:51 am

Just business...coming off an injury, but yet still seems odd that a team, known for struggling with the long passing game, big plays, dumps a player who gave them back to back 1000 yard seasons, since coming 3 years ago..and a player Reid draft when in Philly.
You got Hill, Kelce...so Conley may be the odd man out in terms of targets..
From the KC team report on FBG: "Only 32 offenses out of 416 during the past 13 years have been productive enough to support more than two starting-caliber pass catchers in fantasy football. Considering that Travis Kelce has accounted for 3 of the 10 highest shares of quarterback passing yardage among tight ends since 2012, don't expect Conley to emerge as more than a bye-week option if Hill and Kelce stay healthy."

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:02 pm

I gave Maclin, Jimmy Graham, and a future 2nd for Lesean McCoy.

Expensive but I love the slippery fish, I would probably do that deal too.

Took the future 3rd for Wilson...

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:54 am

Possible teams to go to...Ravens, Bears, Browns, Rams, Cardinals, Bills, Jets, 49ers...thinking the Cardinals as they've got the best shot at being in the playoffs

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:34 am

I think cowboys would be a good fit too

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:49 am

Just looking at cap space, no other teams comes close to the 49ers and the Browns...so depending on how his contract is structured, those teams have a lot more flex

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Apparently LeSean McCoy has been talking to his former teammate trying to pull him to the Bills. They could use him but that seems like one of absolute worst places for his value

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:09 pm

I like Carolina as a dark horse place for him to land. Admittedly though I dont have a clue their cap situation so not even sure if it could be a match, but I think the fit would be good on both sides.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Yes, Cam needs more weapons, and KB is not a WR1. Hook him up.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:29 pm

I think he could do well in Buffalo, Tyrod is better than people give him credit for. He has been plagued by Injury riddled Recievers and bad coaches plus he is still real young. Some veteran leadership could be just what they need. Just might suck a little if you drafted Zay Jones who i think has already hurt himself at OTAs lol.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:58 am

Bills makes sense to me. Sammy is injury prone and the no2 receiver is a rookie.

I could easily see a scenario where Maclin is the no1 guy if Sammy still struggles with his foot.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:53 am

And just when I thought Maclin's situation couldn't get any worse, there's talk of him going to Buffalo. Ugh. I'd like to see him end up in Detroit or Baltimore if they can pull it off. Or New England? Aren't they rumored to be the landing spot for every player?

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:
I think he could do well in Buffalo, Tyrod is better than people give him credit for.  He has been plagued by Injury riddled Recievers and bad coaches plus he is still real young.  Some veteran leadership could be just what they need.  Just might suck a little if you drafted Zay Jones who i think has already hurt himself at OTAs lol.

Serves you right if you drafted Zay Jones. He's garbage.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:29 pm

I think Buffalo is a not a good location. Firstly, Tyrod blows goats. Secondly, it's fuckin Buffalo, man!. Thirdly Tyrod, can only read and throw between the hashes, he's limited. Detoit, Baltimore, Carolina would all be better for Maclins fantasy numbers IMO.
2cents

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:58 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
I think Buffalo is a not a good location.  Firstly, Tyrod blows goats.  Secondly, it's fuckin Buffalo, man!.  Thirdly Tyrod, can only read and throw between the hashes, he's limited.  Detoit, Baltimore, Carolina would all be better for Maclins fantasy numbers IMO.
2cents

Don't think that's accurate, Tyrod does some of his best work outside the pocket. He sustains at least 2 fantasy relevant guys each year in an offence which is run first. Tyrod is massively underestimated in the NFL.

Besides fantasy football isnt about how good a team is or how good the QB is. It is about targets and opportunity. If he goes to Buffalo he is immediate no2, with upside of no1 receiver if Sammy gets injured again.

If he goes to Buffalo I will pick him up in every draft I have left as I just don't believe Sammy will overcome this foot injury.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:25 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
I think Buffalo is a not a good location.  Firstly, Tyrod blows goats.  Secondly, it's fuckin Buffalo, man!.  Thirdly Tyrod, can only read and throw between the hashes, he's limited.  Detoit, Baltimore, Carolina would all be better for Maclins fantasy numbers IMO.
2cents

Don't think that's accurate, Tyrod does some of his best work outside the pocket. He sustains at least 2 fantasy relevant guys each year in an offence which is run first. Tyrod is massively underestimated in the NFL.

Besides fantasy football isnt about how good a team is or how good the QB is. It is about targets and opportunity. If he goes to Buffalo he is immediate no2, with upside of no1 receiver if Sammy gets injured again.

If he goes to Buffalo I will pick him up in every draft I have left as I just don't believe Sammy will overcome this foot injury.

Totally agree. Maclin would have a better fantasy season in Buffalo than in KC.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:18 am

Visits with Buffalo and Baltimore lined up

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 am

Visits with Buffalo and Baltimore lined up

Baltimore seems like the best reasonable option. They need WR help badly.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:17 am

I own Maclin in one league. Desperately hoping for Baltimore, Buffalo is a trash landing spot for him.

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:20 am

If i were a betting man, my money would be on him ending up in Baltimore. Actually would help Wallace as well in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:30 am

Valhalla Viktors wrote:
If i were a betting man, my money would be on him ending up in Baltimore.  Actually would help Wallace as well in my opinion.

Maclin in the slot with Wallace and Perriman on the outside sure would mean a lot of speed in that WR group.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 pm

It's been a while since I pulled up the NFL salary cap space table, but is there a reason nobody has brought up Chicago yet? 7th in cap space at $26.64m according to OTC with Markus Wheaton, Kevin White, and a currently-injured Cameron Meredith as their starting WRs

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
It's been a while since I pulled up the NFL salary cap space table, but is there a reason nobody has brought up Chicago yet? 7th in cap space at $26.64m according to OTC with Markus Wheaton, Kevin White, and a currently-injured Cameron Meredith as their starting WRs

It seems that it's already a bit crowded there, especially when you add in Kendall Wright and Victor Cruz.

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
I have not yet heard him linked to Chicago, but I agree they certainly have the need and the cap space. Bringing in a veteran like that would make a lot of sense to act as Trubisky's safety blanket and would help his development

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Denver Demons wrote:

It seems that it's already a bit crowded there, especially when you add in Kendall Wright and Victor Cruz.
I don't see that as a barrier to getting Maclin, none of those guys are WR1 types, although one could argue K White could develop into that role. All the WRs we mentioned also have low cap hits and too much depth is never a bad thing.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:30 pm

Bills seems bad unless Sammy gets hurt in week 1 instead of week 8

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:22 pm

I don't think Buffalo is that bad of a spot.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Come on Baltimore!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Denver Demons wrote:

Chicago?  Maclin would have to have a "I hate myself" moment to want to sign with those schlubs.  Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:42 pm

I think he wants to go to a contender. So he is not considering any team mentioned. laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Maclin WR BAL   

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Maclin WR BAL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: