x

Share | 

Dwight Freeney DE FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Quote :
Colts DE/OLB Dwight Freeney left Sunday's season opener late in the first quarter with an ankle sprain. Analysis: Freeney was without a tackle through the majority of one quarter. His return is questionable. Former first-rounder Jerry Hughes has come on as his replacement.

With Freeney AND Angerer out... doesn't look good for the Indy D.

Last edited by Jersey Legionnaires on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:17 pm

I was wondering WTH happened to this guy. Decent play at DE since MFL still has him there.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Quote :
Freeney (ankle) was limited in Friday's practice and is listed as questionable against Green Bay. He'll be a game-time decision, the Indianapolis Star reports. Analysis: It's not a good sign that he was limited Friday after fully practicing the previous two days. Freeney will likely play, but his playing time may be limited.

Still not ready to go.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Quote :
The Indianapolis Colts are not expected to re-sign impending free-agent LB Dwight Freeney because he really does not fit the team's 3-4 defensive alignment and he likely will receive interest from teams looking for a defensive end for a 4-3 defensive alignment.

Time to retire?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:26 pm

I could see him as a rotational player somewhere. How his production dropped of so suddenly is beyond me.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Quote :
The Indianapolis Colts will not re-sign impending free-agent LB Dwight Freeney this offseason.

As expected.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 am

Wonder if Freeney will be classified as a DE or LB for the Chargers? Sounds like htey are going ot use him in a pure pass rushing role so maybe he'll stick at DE.

I gambled that he'd sign with a 4-3 team this offseason in a couple of leagues and am bummed that he may have next to 0 value as a LB

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 am

No, pretty sure he would be an OLB with SD. Reyes and Liuget have the end positions locked down and the chargers desperately need a pass rushing OLB right now after losing Melvin Ingram for the season. Freeney is a speed rusher not a power guy, I don't think he would be very effective at DE in a 3-4 defense anyhow...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Sun May 19, 2013 10:58 am

I think he is referring to one of these Suggs type of deals where they are positioned at LB but listed as DE.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Sun May 19, 2013 11:15 am

Didn't Suggs play enough at DE to keep that listing? I'm not sure... seems like MFL does a decent job of updated the position based on the teams listing... I can't see the Chargers listing him as a DE or even using him there very often...

I had picked up Michael Bennett to help at DE and then he signed with SEA and they listed him at DT and have said he will play both DT and DE but MFL already switched his position to DT and he hasn't even played a down for them yet. Maybe it all depends on what the Chargers list him as... guess we'll find out.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   Sun May 19, 2013 12:44 pm

I think it's 50/50 what he gets classified as.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Freeney DE FA   

Back to top Go down

Dwight Freeney DE FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: