Share | 

Philadelphia Eagles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:44 am

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Eagles "have been informed" Sam Bradford wants to be traded and will no longer show up for the offseason program.
On Sunday night, it was reported Bradford doesn't want out of Philly after a report surfaced last week that the quarterback did indeed want a trade. Bradford wanting out makes far more sense, however, as he wants to go to a situation where he isn't locked into being one-and-done like he is with the Eagles. The Eagles want Bradford to be their starter for 2016 only while the No. 2 overall pick sits for a season. Bradford's situation will be one to monitor closely this week.

11 mil Signing bonus and 22 mil guaranteed and he's gonna be a butthurt baby and not show up...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:55 am

After what Sam Bradford has done in this league and after what he has been paid, he should just be happy that he's still got a job.

Send him to Denver for $7 million per year.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:30 am

I thought I heard that Phili is on the hook for that 11 mil. That would make it hard to deal him.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:39 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
I thought I heard that Phili is on the hook for that 11 mil. That would make it hard to deal him.

Its a signing bonus, so I would assume the Eagles are on the hook for it regardless of outcome.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:50 am

This has the potential to get pretty messy,   I don't know that the Eagles would be able to deal him even if they decided to grant his wish...

Can't say I completely disagree with Bradford on this issue,   earlier in the offseason the Eagles signed him to a contract that would suggest that he is their guy,  then they turn around and make a trade to move and take a QB.  Can't blame him for being upset about losing his job,  and on top of that he is expected to train his replacement!  Can't believe anyone would be surprised that he now wants out of Philly!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:57 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
This has the potential to get pretty messy,   I don't know that the Eagles would be able to deal him even if they decided to grant his wish...

Can't say I completely disagree with Bradford on this issue,   earlier in the offseason the Eagles signed him to a contract that would suggest that he is their guy,  then they turn around and make a trade to move and take a QB.  Can't blame him for being upset about losing his job,  and on top of that he is expected to train his replacement!  Can't believe anyone would be surprised that he now wants out of Philly!

agree

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:59 am

Bradford will only lose his job if Bradford plays like he always has.  I'm sorry but he hasn't earned the right to be upset if a QB is selected.   And, maybe he gets lucky and the guy they pick plays just as poorly as the #1 pick in 2010.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:04 am

Actually 2010 he was his best year laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:11 pm

Eagles fans deserve shit like this....thats all I know. I don't blame Bradford and think he takes more shit than he deserves considering all the nothing he's been working with in his career....and he was hurt...shit happens. Glad he's getting paid to put up with dummies.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:48 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Bradford will only lose his job if Bradford plays like he always has.  I'm sorry but he hasn't earned the right to be upset if a QB is selected.   And, maybe he gets lucky and the guy they pick plays just as poorly as the #1 pick in 2010.

That is real easy to say as a fan, as an outsider looking in... But put yourself in his shoes, I am damn sure you wouldn't be sitting there saying that you haven't played well enough to even have the right to be upset! That's a good one! People with that kind of mindset never even make it to the NFL... And especially after he just signed a big contract with the team for starter money... He has every right to be upset and to question the Eagles intentions with how they are going about things...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:39 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Eagles "have been informed" Sam Bradford wants to be traded and will no longer show up for the offseason program.
On Sunday night, it was reported Bradford doesn't want out of Philly after a report surfaced last week that the quarterback did indeed want a trade. Bradford wanting out makes far more sense, however, as he wants to go to a situation where he isn't locked into being one-and-done like he is with the Eagles. The Eagles want Bradford to be their starter for 2016 only while the No. 2 overall pick sits for a season. Bradford's situation will be one to monitor closely this week.

11 mil Signing bonus and 22 mil guaranteed and he's gonna be a butthurt baby and not show up...

Yeah, I don't get this part. How can you be upset when you know you're getting paid. All he has to do is outplay his competition. Maybe he's afraid he can't?

22 Million guaranteed to train someone? Awfully good price to be a teacher, especially if you CAN'T outplay them.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:33 am

Maybe he is upset because he actually cares about playing and not just showing up to get paid, that is actually a good thing... Also, just the message that trade sends is enough to be upset over and rightfully so...

As for outplaying the guy, if it's Wentz I don't see much of an obstacle there... that guy couldn't even put up above average numbers in the FCS against barely better than high school talent... What a joke...

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:49 am

I'm not exactly sure how a 2 year deal suggests he's their guy? With the structure it was very easy to be done after this year. Now maybe he thought that if he played well enough, he could get a long-term deal, but I don't know how he could possibly interpret that contract as the Eagles "committed" to him for more than just this season.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:50 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Eagles fans deserve shit like this....thats all I know.  

Could you elaborate?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:03 am

Could you elaborate?

They Boo'd SANTA CLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:21 am

I'm not exactly sure how a 2 year deal suggests he's their guy?  With the structure it was very easy to be done after this year.  Now maybe he thought that if he played well enough, he could get a long-term deal, but I don't know how he could possibly interpret that contract as the Eagles "committed" to him for more than just this season.

They paid him starter money, that tends to suggest that they want him as their starter... while trading away the farm to move up to #2 in order to take a QB suggests the opposite. Anyone suggesting that Bradford shouldn't be upset or does not have the right to be upset over the way the Eagles are handling this is either not in touch with reality or they are a diehard Eagles fan...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:22 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Could you elaborate?

laughing Yeah, it takes a special type of jerkoff asshole to boo Santa!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:34 am

Quote :
ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported on SportsCenter that there is "absolutely nothing" going on regarding a Sam Bradford trade.
Sal Pal reports the Eagles got "one phone call from one team" (Denver), and Broncos GM John Elway's overtures were "quickly rebuffed" by Eagles GM Howie Roseman. While we wouldn't totally rule out a Bradford trade, it's certainly appearing highly unlikely at the moment. Roseman seems intent on retaining Bradford to operate as the Eagles' stopgap ahead of rookie Carson Wentz.  

That's a damn expensive "stop-gap"...I'd be pissed too.  (Well, til I started counting that 33 mil....duckhunt)

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:11 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Could you elaborate?

laughing  Yeah,  it takes a special type of jerkoff asshole to boo Santa!  

There it is, on cue. I am sooooo fucking tired of that being the reason Eagles fans are awful. That happened in 1968, almost 50 years ago.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:17 am

They paid him starter money for this year,   that tends to suggest that they want him as their starter for this year...    while trading away the farm to move up to #2 in order to take a QB suggests the opposite.   Anyone suggesting that Bradford shouldn't be upset or does not have the right to be upset over the way the Eagles are handling this is either not in touch with reality or they are a diehard Eagles fan...

Fixed it for you. They do want him for their starter, for this year. They have said that numerous times and if he plays well the rookie will continue to sit. He was guaranteed nothing after this year with this deal, even before they moved up to #2.

I never said he's not allowed to feel upset, but most competitive people would go out and work harder to drive their own value up and prove their worth. Not pout and sulk a few months after getting an 11 mil signing bonus. No one made Bradford sign a 2 year deal, if he wanted long term security he should have signed a longer deal.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:18 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Could you elaborate?

There it is,  on cue.  I am sooooo fucking tired of that being the reason Eagles fans are awful.  That happened in 1968, almost 50 years ago.

How about this then...

I travel to support the Packers every year. Been to 12 stadiums so far. Some day I want to visit every stadium (May take a long time). But none of my friends want to go to that dump, because, well, every single person we talk to has horror stories about what jack asses those people are in that stadium. 50 years ago? Let's talk 5 years ago:

My father inlaws best friend took his 18 year old son to the stadium in Philly to cheer on the Packers. While in the bathroom, a crowd of guys rallied around his son, and made him take off his Aaron Rodgers jersey. His dad tried to argue, but there were way too many guys so he held back his words. They both used the urinal, and while the kid was going to the bathroom two guys pissed on him.

Bad story, yeah. But I have heard nothing but terrible things about people who have visited there, and that is why people hate Philly fan.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:19 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Could you elaborate?

There it is,  on cue.  I am sooooo fucking tired of that being the reason Eagles fans are awful.  That happened in 1968, almost 50 years ago.

Philly fans earned the flyers a delay of game foul last week when they wouldn't stop throwing things on the ice...

That recent enough?

laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:36 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Could you elaborate?

Don't care how relevant it is, it happened, and I am just commenting on the certain type of knuckledragging asshole it takes to do that, Philly fan or not...

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:39 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Could you elaborate?

How about this then...

I travel to support the Packers every year. Been to 12 stadiums so far. Some day I want to visit every stadium (May take a long time). But none of my friends want to go to that dump, because, well, every single person we talk to has horror stories about what jack asses those people are in that stadium. 50 years ago? Let's talk 5 years ago:

My father inlaws best friend took his 18 year old son to the stadium in Philly to cheer on the Packers. While in the bathroom, a crowd of guys rallied around his son, and made him take off his Aaron Rodgers jersey. His dad tried to argue, but there were way too many guys so he held back his words. They both used the urinal, and while the kid was going to the bathroom two guys pissed on him.

Bad story, yeah. But I have heard nothing but terrible things about people who have visited there, and that is why people hate Philly fan.

Im sorry that happened to your friend's son. Absolutely, people can be assholes, and we may have a higher ratio then other areas, but when an entire city gets painted with a broad brush, it hits a nerve with me. I hear it in most of my leagues and when I ask people to say why, its never personal info its all media driven crap with the Santa story being the first shot.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:42 am

They paid him starter money for this year,   that tends to suggest that they want him as their starter for this year...    while trading away the farm to move up to #2 in order to take a QB suggests the opposite.   Anyone suggesting that Bradford shouldn't be upset or does not have the right to be upset over the way the Eagles are handling this is either not in touch with reality or they are a diehard Eagles fan...

Fixed it for you.  They do want him for their starter, for this year.  They have said that numerous times and if he plays well the rookie will continue to sit.  He was guaranteed nothing after this year with this deal, even before they moved up to #2.

I never said he's not allowed to feel upset, but most competitive people would go out and work harder to drive their own value up and prove their worth. Not pout and sulk a few months after getting an 11 mil signing bonus.  No one made Bradford sign a 2 year deal, if he wanted long term security he should have signed a longer deal.

Twist it any Philly slant way you want Joe, in the end I really don't care about how the Iggles conduct their business... Just wonder what the Iggles are going to do after next year when that glorified high school level talent, developmental player, Wentz (that they sold the farm for) still isn't ready to play at an NFL level...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:46 am

Im sorry that happened to your friend's son.  Absolutely, people can be assholes, and we may have a higher ratio then other areas, but when an entire city gets painted with a broad brush, it hits a nerve with me.  I hear it in most of my leagues and when I ask people to say why, its never personal info its all media driven crap with the Santa story being the first shot.

I get that, I really do. People act as if GB is full of tiny town rednecks and act as if the town has tumbleweed rolling down old main street and the people walking around in cowboy boots with spurs on them. HAHA.

Just sucks that NFL fans should have to feel unsafe about visiting stadiums because a group of people are jackasses. In all honesty, we travel to these cities, dump a bunch of money into the local economy, are very respectful and as a whole get treated really well. I hope Philly will be the same some day when we visit and wear our colors there.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:51 am

Fixed it for you.  They do want him for their starter, for this year.  They have said that numerous times and if he plays well the rookie will continue to sit.  He was guaranteed nothing after this year with this deal, even before they moved up to #2.

I never said he's not allowed to feel upset, but most competitive people would go out and work harder to drive their own value up and prove their worth. Not pout and sulk a few months after getting an 11 mil signing bonus.  No one made Bradford sign a 2 year deal, if he wanted long term security he should have signed a longer deal.

Twist it any Philly slant way you want Joe,   in the end I really don't care about how the Iggles conduct their business...   Just wonder what the Iggles are going to do after next year when that glorified high school level talent,  developmental player, Wentz (that they sold the farm for) still isn't ready to play at an NFL level...

Ok.... lol3

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:54 am

Twist it any Philly slant way you want Joe,   in the end I really don't care about how the Iggles conduct their business...   Just wonder what the Iggles are going to do after next year when that glorified high school level talent,  developmental player, Wentz (that they sold the farm for) still isn't ready to play at an NFL level...

Ok.... lol3

Glad we could agree on something! cheers

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:57 am

Ok.... lol3

Glad we could agree on something!  cheers

I'd boo you and throw something at you, but then I would just be feeding into the negative stereotype and I just cant do that.. wink

So vote yes cheers beer

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:00 pm

I love it when people can have a good old fashioned argument and have a beer right after.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Oh, is this the pick on philly thread now.  Is it too early to bring up the batteries being thrown at JD Drew????

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

When there are this many examples that are known nationally about a city it is more than just a few knuckle heads...There must be something in the water.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:57 pm

There are jerkoffs everywhere obviously...

Philly is just notorious for having more than their fair share is all...

Booing Santa Claus....
throwing batteries if I remember right...

...and I just find Philly to be chalk full of arrogant cunts so I think a 50 year Cleveland-esque drought in performance outta humble the damn city out.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Yeah, Miami fans would NEVER throw snowball at visiting fans. EVAH!

cheers

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:54 pm

A little late to the show but the fact that the Eagles found it necessary to construct a Court and holding cell at the old stadium is a sign that there is a certain portion of the fans that are jerkoffs.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Yeah, Miami fans would NEVER throw snowball at visiting fans.  EVAH!

cheers

Damn Dave, this is hilarious...though admittedly, I missed it the first take.  I was focusing on the NEVER, instead of the snowball...(in Miami). ROTFLMAO

Oh yeah; nothing to fear in Oaktown either; long as you go to the game with Greg.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
A little late to the show but the fact that the Eagles found it necessary to construct a Court and holding cell at the old stadium is a sign that there is a certain portion of the fans that are jerkoffs.

Jerkoff Joe? laughing

Just kidding Joe, you are a good cat.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   

Back to top Go down

Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: