x

Share | 

Philadelphia Eagles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:08 pm

Rumor has it that the Browns offered the 2018 2nd first.  And then added the 2017 1st 23 hours later.  Then pick 100 22 hours later.  Then pick 77 23 hours later.  And then added pick #8 23 hours and 45 minutes later.

Shawn's not happy.

Neutral

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Shawn's not happy.

Neutral

Sure I am fun dance

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:10 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Rumor has it that the Browns offered the 2018 2nd first.  And then added the 2017 1st 23 hours later.  Then pick 100 22 hours later.  Then pick 77 23 hours later.  And then added pick #8 23 hours and 45 minutes later.

Shawn's not happy.

Neutral

I read the first part thinking, what the hell? Then I realized what was going on and burst out laughing.  lol3

Neutral

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Shawn's not happy.

Neutral

Very good!

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:16 pm

I thik that's great for the Browns.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Love the Bradford picture.

This is more in line with what I think that a team should get to give up a top pick.  Some may argue that the Rams' offer was better but this is a much gentler drop and allows the Browns to target guys similar to those that they would have considered at #2.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:16 pm

Don't get it for the Eagles. I get it if they haven't just extended Bradford for 2 years and paid a solid salary for Daniel. But they did both of those things.

They are saying they'll let Wentz (we all know it's gonna be Wentz) sit for a year which makes a lot of sense but if you are going to pay this much draft capital to get your guy, why re-sign Bradford for $36m?

shrug

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:30 pm

Bradford was guaranteed $22 Million. I am sorry, but in my opinion, if you give up that much for a guy, you don't let him sit for a year. I am all for that system, but not when you mortgage your future for a guy. If you do that, he better be suited up week 1 taking snaps.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Yep. Bradford was a 2yr deal for $36m, $22m guaranteed.

Daniel was a 3yr deal for $21m, $12m guaranteed.

Can't see how it adds up myself.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:11 pm

The Rams leapfrogging to #1 forced the Eagles hand to move up, I think they were expecting Goff or Wentz to be there at #8, but the likelihood of that went way down with the Rams moving up... They may have panicked a bit by moving up as I don't think the Browns were ever seriously contemplating taking a QB @ #2, but the Eagles must be smitten with Wentz to make this move.

Yeah they gave up a lot to move up and get him but that doesn't mean they have to start him, first of all Wentz won't be ready to throw to the NFL wolves in week 1, and second they can't justify sitting Bradford and his salary in order to play a raw rookie who won't be ready... Not to mention the fan mutiny they would have on their hands by doing so...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Wow go out for the afternoon and the NFL blows up!
Eagles were doing so well this offseason...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:33 pm

If the Browns weren't the Browns I'd say they fucking killed this trade. An absolute steal!

But they'll waste the picks and draft nothing but garbage and continue to fucking fail for eternity.

troll

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:38 pm

As someone who hates the Eagles this makes me so so happy.

Quote :
The Eagles essentially traded two 1sts, two 2nds, a 3rd, a 4th, Byron Maxwell, and Kiko Alonzo to go from 13 to 2.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

If the Browns weren't the Browns I'd say they fucking killed this trade.  An absolute steal!

But they'll waste the picks and draft nothing but garbage and continue to fucking fail for eternity.  

troll

They have a new guy running the show......he wants multiple picks. I think the Browns will be relevant in 3 years....like playoff team.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:02 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

If the Browns weren't the Browns I'd say they fucking killed this trade.  An absolute steal!

troll

They have a new guy running the show......he wants multiple picks.  I think the Browns will be relevant in 3 years....like playoff team.

It seems like there's always a new guy running the show though. New GM's. New Coaches. New QB's. SSDD.

I'll believe it when I see it!

I honestly hope they do because I can't imagine being a fan of that team. As inept as the Lions are at least they ain't the Browns.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:26 pm

The Lions are the Browns of the NFC. Both really, really bad in the front office. The Browns are possibly trending the right way, great trade. Let's see what they do with the picks. Hopefully not something Brown like.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
The Lions are the Browns of the NFC. Both really, really bad in the front office. The Browns are possibly trending the right way, great trade. Let's see what they do with the picks. Hopefully not something Brown like.

Could be reminiscent of the RG3 trade. Everyone always talks about how the Rams crushed the Skins in that trade. However, the skins have 2 division titles since it was made. The Rams are still terrible. And neither of those things are really a result of the trade...

coffee

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Totally, but in the Rams defense they did go 7-9 in a tougher division, playing against the Cards and Seahawks. The NFC east is kind of a joke.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Totally, but in the Rams defense they did go 7-9 in a tougher division, playing against the Cards and Seahawks. The NFC east is kind of a joke.

Meh. Rams have no QB, no WR, a great RB and a pretty good defense. They haven't had a winning season since 2003. NFC east isn't great, but its not like those are the only teams the skins played. And regardless, the main part of my point is that the skins are IMO in a better position now than the Rams, and it's not because of the trade they made. When the skins have had good QB play, they win, simple as that. Unfortunately it wasn't with RG3 after 2012. Whether or not the Eagles get that QB play out of this trade remains to be seen (I don't really think these QB's are worth trading up for the way I did in 2012), but 2012 was the most exciting skins season I've seen in a while. Never regretted the trade when RG3 was balling out his rookie year. I guess time will tell.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:57 pm

So is one of the big winners here Ryan Mathews? It looks like this pulls the Eagles out of the Elliott and Henry derby.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Absolutely, it is doubtful the Eagles take a RB before day 3 now, which will be useful for depth but kind of locks in Mathews as the lead back...

at least until he gets hurt....

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:14 pm

Bradford really sucks, so this is a good move for the Eagles. Goff or Wentz have to be better than that bum Bradford

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:52 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Bradford really sucks, so this is a good move for the Eagles.  Goff or Wentz have to be better than that bum Bradford

I don't know about that... I would say the chances are 50/50, Bradford hasn't been the worst QB and neither of these top QB's this year are bust-proof (especially Wentz in my opinion)...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:04 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Bradford really sucks, so this is a good move for the Eagles.  Goff or Wentz have to be better than that bum Bradford

I don't know about that...  I would say the chances are 50/50,   Bradford hasn't been the worst QB and neither of these top QB's this year are bust-proof (especially Wentz in my opinion)...

They wayyyyyy overpaid. Way.

And I love it.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:12 am

I don't know about that...  I would say the chances are 50/50,   Bradford hasn't been the worst QB and neither of these top QB's this year are bust-proof (especially Wentz in my opinion)...

They wayyyyyy overpaid.  Way.

And I love it.

Yeah, they overpaide for sure, and so did the Rams... Neither Goff or Wentz deserve to go at #1 or #2 overall, but nevertheless that is what is now all but guaranteed to happen...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:23 am

Yeah,  they overpaide for sure,   and so did the Rams...    Neither Goff or Wentz deserve to go at #1 or #2 overall,   but nevertheless that is what is now all but guaranteed to happen...

Exactly my thoughts. Neither is anywhere near worth what those teams gave up. It is so freaking gross. But that is why teams like that remain middling or bottom feeders. I am okay with that.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:27 am

I'm not sure if there are any other Eagles fans out there, but after having a day to think about the trade, I'm still a bit torn.

On the pro side:
-With Bradford at QB, the Eagles are destined for mediocrity. 7-9 or 9-7 is basically the range of outcomes, so the chances of them being in a better place to draft a franchise QB (or legitimately trade up to draft a franchise QB) than where they were at 8 is not a likely outcome.

-Also, with Bradford, they have the option of letting Wentz sit for a full year, which as Pedersen has said is his preference and as many have said about Wentz is what he needs to grow into the successful QB that people believe he can be.

-The draft picks are spread out over the next three drafts (2016 3rd, 2017 1st and 2018 2nd) so as not to cripple any 1 draft itself... hopefully.   I'm still gonna miss not having a mid 2017 1st when all that talent comes out next year. (I'm not counting the 4th as we basically swapped it for the 2017 4th)

On the con side:
-I still think its a hefty price to pay for 6 spots, especially when compared to the 15-1 move the Rams made.  I know the Rams gave up more current draft picks, but that 2018 2nd really bugs me.  I don't feel we should have had to include that to get the deal done, especially since everyone knew the Browns wanted out of that pick.

-Wentz scares me.  I know they did their due diligence and he has great intangibles, intelligence, leadership, physical traits, etc. but it still comes down to performing on he field against NFL talent and we just haven't seen him do that except (possibly) at the Senior Bowl.

-History says this is a bad move.  Outside of Eli, this move hasn't really ever worked out for the team trading up for the QB.

So there it is, the thoughts of a (fairly) rational Eagles fan.  Thanks for listening.  Its cheaper than therapy and I cant stand most of the sport talk radio here so I'd rather vent to you guys.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:30 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Yeah,  they overpaide for sure,   and so did the Rams...    Neither Goff or Wentz deserve to go at #1 or #2 overall,   but nevertheless that is what is now all but guaranteed to happen...

Exactly my thoughts. Neither is anywhere near worth what those teams gave up. It is so freaking gross. But that is why teams like that remain middling or bottom feeders. I am okay with that.

That's really easy to say when your team went from a decade with Favre to a decade of Rodgers. When a team doesn't have/hasn't had a franchise QB for years, the price becomes much more palatable.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:31 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

That's really easy to say when your team went from a decade with Favre to a decade of Rodgers.  When a team doesn't have/hasn't had a franchise QB for years, the price becomes much more palatable.  

I understand that, but to give up that much for a guy like Wenz or Goff? Come on. This is not a Luck type prospect we are talking about here...

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:33 am

Quote :

I assume you mean that they are not the 1st and 2nd best player in the draft, but they do play the most important position on the field.

I know you don't like Wentz, but as for Goff, where do you think he should fall?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:38 am

QB is really the only position that you cannot effectively address through a trade or free agency.  And it is the one position where you must absolutely have an elite player to win a Super Bowl.  So, if you think that these two guys can be franchise QBs, you gotta give up whatever it takes to get them.  There are countless franchises that are always awful or mediocre because they don't have that top QB.  But then you see poor franchises rebound when they get the stud QB -- Green Bay, Indy, etc. -- so I think that it's tough to say that any deal could be considered an overpay if these guys live up to the hype.  And, if they don't, the GM is gone anyway so does he really care how many picks he threw away?

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:43 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I understand that, but to give up that much for a guy like Wenz or Goff? Come on. This is not a Luck type prospect we are talking about here...

You're right. They aren't, and neither are the guys coming out next year. There really aren't many prospects like Luck that come out, ever. Heck, Rodgers wasn't even touted like that, but a trade up for him would look fucking genius level right now.

As I said, I'm not entirely sold on the move up or the prospect, but I understand the reasoning.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:44 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
QB is really the only position that you cannot effectively address through a trade or free agency.  And it is the one position where you must absolutely have an elite player to win a Super Bowl.  So, if you think that these two guys can be franchise QBs, you gotta give up whatever it takes to get them.  There are countless franchises that are always awful or mediocre because they don't have that top QB.  But then you see poor franchises rebound when they get the stud QB -- Green Bay, Indy, etc. -- so I think that it's tough to say that any deal could be considered an overpay if these guys live up to the hype.  And, if they don't, the GM is gone anyway so does he really care how many picks he threw away?

Exactly, my point. Well said, Russ.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:08 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Exactly, my point.  Well said, Russ.

Except for the part about needing an elite QB to win the superbowl... It certainly helps, but it isn't necessary... Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, etc... those guys aren't elite! Even last year with the Broncos winning, the previously elite Manning was anything but last season and that defense stepped up to win the game.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:16 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Except for the part about needing an elite QB to win the superbowl...   It certainly helps,  but it isn't necessary...   Trent Dilfer,  Joe Flacco,  etc...   those guys aren't elite!   Even last year with the Broncos winning,   the previously elite Manning was anything but last season and that defense stepped up to win the game.

So much this.

A franchise QB is huge but they need a strong supporting cast around them as well. QB's can't win superbowls by themselves. If QB is the very last piece of the puzzle your team needs to put it all together then I have no problem selling the farm to get it.

But for both of these teams, they need way more than that.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:16 am

Quote :

I assume you mean that they are not the 1st and 2nd best player in the draft, but they do play the most important position on the field.

I know you don't like Wentz, but as for Goff, where do you think he should fall?

I think based on talent alone that Goff is a mid first round pick and Wentz is maybe a late first rounder or more likely a second round pick, he is a developmental player for christ sake!

But I get it, I know that QB is important, especially in today's NFL, and the position has always been the most prominent (if not overhyped)... I understand the reasons why these teams who are desperate for a signal caller are trading so much to move up and get their guy and I can't totally fault them for it either... I am just saying based on talent alone they don't deserve to go at #1 and #2, they simply are not the 2 best players in this years draft!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:17 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Except for the part about needing an elite QB to win the superbowl...   It certainly helps,  but it isn't necessary...   Trent Dilfer,  Joe Flacco,  etc...   those guys aren't elite!   Even last year with the Broncos winning,   the previously elite Manning was anything but last season and that defense stepped up to win the game.

I think that Flacco is a lot better than people give him credit for. But, there's been a lot of Super Bowls and being able to only name a few guys proves how important having a top-flight QB really is.  

Going back 24 years (to Super Bowl 27), the only non-elite QBs were Dilfer (SB35) and Brad Johnson (SB37).  You could argue about Eli (SB46) and Flacco (SB47) if you like but Eli was the #1 pick and Flacco went at pick 18 in his draft.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 am

Brad Johnson... Now, there's a cool name!

I have a cool Brad Johnson story.. In law school I was writing an article for a journal or something on Marriot Hotels' involvement in Russia. Anyway, Brad Johnson was the Minnesota QB at the time and the CEO of Marriott was a big Vikings fan. I call their headquarters asking to speak to Mr. CEO... I wasn't entirely prepared that I'd get through... I was shocked to hear... I'll put you right through to him..

He comes on the line.. BRAAAAAAAD... Great game yesterday and proceeds to talk a minute or so about the game. I interrupt and say, uh, yeah, I'm not thaaaaat Brad Johnson.. I'm a lowly law student from Colorado, but while I have you on the line, let me ask you a few questions. lol

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:34 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I think that Flacco is a lot better than people give him credit for. But, there's been a lot of Super Bowls and being able to only name a few guys proves how important having a top-flight QB really is.  

Going back 24 years (to Super Bowl 27), the only non-elite QBs were Dilfer (SB35) and Brad Johnson (SB37).  You could argue about Eli (SB46) and Flacco (SB47) if you like but Eli was the #1 pick and Flacco went at pick 18 in his draft.

I never said it wasn't important to have an upper tier QB, but there are more than a few cases of teams led by non-elite QBs winning the Super Bowl. I just threw out a couple obvious ones, but you could certainly point to others where the QB was good or very good but not necessarily elite... Eli absolutely falls into that category, he is not elite (being picked #1 overall does not make you elite), and you can absolutely count Peyton in the non elite winners with last years super bowl, I don't care what he did earlier in his career, there is no way that anyone can make a rational argument that he was elite at any point last season and especially not in the playoffs or super bowl, he played like a third stringer and was bailed out by his defense over and over.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Quote :

I think based on talent alone that Goff is a mid first round pick and Wentz is maybe a late first rounder or more likely a second round pick,   he is a developmental player for christ sake!

But I get it,   I know that QB is important,  especially in today's NFL, and the position has always been the most prominent (if not overhyped)...   I understand the reasons why these teams who are desperate for a signal caller are trading so much to move up and get their guy and I can't totally fault them for it either...   I am just saying based on talent alone they don't deserve to go at #1 and #2,  they simply are not the 2 best players in this years draft!  

I definitely wont argue that they're not the 2 best players in the draft...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Quote :

I think based on talent alone that Goff is a mid first round pick and Wentz is maybe a late first rounder or more likely a second round pick,   he is a developmental player for christ sake!

But I get it,   I know that QB is important,  especially in today's NFL, and the position has always been the most prominent (if not overhyped)...   I understand the reasons why these teams who are desperate for a signal caller are trading so much to move up and get their guy and I can't totally fault them for it either...   I am just saying based on talent alone they don't deserve to go at #1 and #2,  they simply are not the 2 best players in this years draft!  

I definitely wont argue that they're not the 2 best players in the draft...

It's 1:55 a.m. and the bar is closing in 5 minutes -- you don't have the luxury of picking the prettiest girl.  Just hope you're not too disappointed when you wake up Iggles fans.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:36 pm

I thought the Eagles already had the "Non prettiest girl in the bar" on the hook, (Bradford). They should have just stuck with her and not spent a bunch of money on last minute shots to get the other fugly girl drunk to come home with them.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:43 pm

This is one of my favorite debates yes

For one thing, if a QB is considered on the Andrew Luck level, a team doesn't get to trade up for him. Which ruins the argument that neither of these guys are on Andrew Luck's level.

A team doesn't need an elite QB to win a super bowl, but the guy has to be pretty damn good. Yes, Peyton Manning sucked last year, but he was enough of his old self against the Steelers and Patriots to get them there. Flacco is middling. He is the perfect example of the bare minimum that you need at QB.

If you don't believe that Paxton Lynch can get on the Flacco level, then you need to jump up and get Wentz or Goff. The only other option is to suck balls. The best you can do is what Houston had with Hoyer and their exceptional defense. And they got nowhere.

I'd rather have hope, then no hope at all. Trade the farm to get one of these guys.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Let me also add that I do not believe in the hype of 1st round picks in the NFL. It's a salary cap league, so you can't pay for everyone. How many 1st round hits can a team afford to pay at any given time?

I would rather stack up on 2nd round picks, and look to build a solid team without too many "stars."

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:02 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Meh.  Rams have no QB, no WR, a great RB and a pretty good defense.  They haven't had a winning season since 2003.  NFC east isn't great, but its not like those are the only teams the skins played.  And regardless, the main part of my point is that the skins are IMO in a better position now than the Rams, and it's not because of the trade they made.  When the skins have had good QB play, they win, simple as that.  Unfortunately it wasn't with RG3 after 2012.    Whether or not the Eagles get that QB play out of this trade remains to be seen (I don't really think these QB's are worth trading up for the way I did in 2012), but 2012 was the most exciting skins season I've seen in a while. Never regretted the trade when RG3 was balling out his rookie year.  I guess time will tell.

And the promising young players the Rams received aren't really that promising at all. There's really only Brockers and Ogletree that are left. Jenkins is gone now. Stacy and Pead sucked and left. Bailey didn't do anything before he was shot. Some guy named Rokevious Watkins never stuck. And biggest of them all, Greg Robinson has done nothing to inspire.

Everybody has always looked at the Rams like they got a haul. But everyone was mistaken, just like usual, with unproven rookies. It doesn't look so overwhelming anymore, does it?

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
This is one of my favorite debates yes

For one thing, if a QB is considered on the Andrew Luck level, a team doesn't get to trade up for him. Which ruins the argument that neither of these guys are on Andrew Luck's level.

A team doesn't need an elite QB to win a super bowl, but the guy has to be pretty damn good. Yes, Peyton Manning sucked last year, but he was enough of his old self against the Steelers and Patriots to get them there. Flacco is middling. He is the perfect example of the bare minimum that you need at QB.

If you don't believe that Paxton Lynch can get on the Flacco level, then you need to jump up and get Wentz or Goff. The only other option is to suck balls. The best you can do is what Houston had with Hoyer and their exceptional defense. And they got nowhere.

I'd rather have hope, then no hope at all. Trade the farm to get one of these guys.

Similar thoughts on sportstalk as I came into work today. McNabb never won a SuperBowl, but for 8-10 years we always felt like we had a shot. If Wentz can give us that, then its a great deal.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:26 pm

The Rams leapfrogging to #1 forced the Eagles hand to move up,    I think they were expecting Goff or Wentz to be there at #8, but the likelihood of that went way down with the Rams moving up...   They may have panicked a bit by moving up as I don't think the Browns were ever seriously contemplating taking a QB @ #2,  but the Eagles must be smitten with Wentz to make this move.

Yeah they gave up a lot to move up and get him but that doesn't mean they have to start him,   first of all Wentz won't be ready to throw to the NFL wolves in week 1,   and second they can't justify sitting Bradford and his salary in order to play a raw rookie who won't be ready...   Not to mention the fan mutiny they would have on their hands by doing so...

What if the move WASN'T for a QB?

I personally will not be shocked if they take Elliot. Maybe they think HE wouldn't make it past #4? I could easily see the 'Boys and Jerry taking him.

Granted, I'm probably nuts, but thought it should be tossed out there. McFadden/Mathews, both players that cause fear when their names are mentioned. Of course, that fear is with their own teams........

We'll know Thursday.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:11 am

I think its just as telling who they traded up with, Cleveland @ #2, who might have taken a QB or traded that pick to another team who wanted to move up for a QB... Chances of CLE or SD taking Elliot are zero, so if they were really worried about DAL @ #4 they could have worked a deal with SD and presumably paid a lower price for that pick. Plus the rumors about the Eagles being absolutely smitten with Wentz and looking at trading up were not exactly kept quiet. Sure, it could have been a smokescreen, but it would have been a pointless smokescreen. You never really know until they turn that card in and the pick is announced, but I think the reason it looks so painfully obvious that they traded up for a QB is because they did...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:42 am

If they don't go QB I'm driving to the philly area and listening to WIP. The fans will go nuts. Plus, you aren't competing this year so you can get your RB next year and Philly could have just kept their 2017 1st and gone RB then. But the Eagles have done crazier things before.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   

Back to top Go down

Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: