HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Philadelphia Eagles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:31 am

Dude, you guys lost to Arizona?? Not only Arizona, but Arizona led by John Skelton?? At home??? Holy shit, is that embarrassing....
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Locking up Jenkins was a good off-season move for the Eagles
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Eagles-Jenkins-Restructure-Contract/fd0cd42d-2923-4341-a616-aa4614ad5e08

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Now if Trent Edwards signs with the Eagles I am not so sure about that move. I guess it is better then having VY back for another year

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/23/eagles-close-to-signing-trent-edwards/

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Even though the Giants are my favorite team, I think this team will probably win the Super Bowl. I know this and that but they still have one of the best teams in the NFL. Vick is still a strong QB with a beast runner and receiver in Mccoy. Maclin could produce like a solid receiver 1 and Riley Cooper looks to be maturing as a receiver. DJax is a huge question mark but I think keeping him will be best for team moving forward. Jackson is still one of the best deep threats in football. On defense, Cullen Jenkins is pretty dominant with Babin and Cole doing good at DE. LB is the biggest issue and I think the Eagles need to pick up guys like Tatupu or draft Kuelchy and others. DBs is pretty safe right now.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:01 pm

In the name of all that might be holy, this team cannot be allowed to win the Super Bowl. Luckily, I doubt very much that they even sniff it.

I am starting to realize by default I think I am turning into a Redskins fan. scared

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Quote :
I am starting to realize by default I think I am turning into a Redskins fan.

Just get ready for lots of beer and beer and beer

It makes it easier.

Hmm, we should get a smiley for someone that drinks and doesn't smile after. That would be more accurate

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Quote :
I am starting to realize by default I think I am turning into a Redskins fan.

Just get ready for lots of beer and beer and beer

It makes it easier.

Hmm, we should get a smiley for someone that drinks and doesn't smile after. That would be more accurate

:sudsy:
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:20 pm

haha nice. good to know

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 am

Burress in talks with the Eagles.

Quote :
Former New York Giant and New York Jet wide receiver Plaxico Burress is in discussions with the Philadelphia Eagles, according to NFL.com. Burress is a free agent.

Burress reportedly had interest in the Eagles a season ago, as he desired to play with quarterback Michael Vick.

After signing with the Jets last season, Burress became a free agent Tuesday.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:38 am

RZ option?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Quote :
Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said he has not considered the possibility of signing free-agent QB Donovan McNabb (Vikings) to be the No. 2 quarterback.

In other news, the Jets are not looking to bring in Joe Namath as their 4th QB. LOL
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
In other news, the Jets are not looking to bring in Joe Namath as their 4th QB. LOL

And sadly he would be the best of the 4 even at his advanced age. Laughing

Just think every week we could watch Joe make a pass at Sweet Lil Suzy Kolber. nono

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

And sadly he would be the best of the 4 even at his advanced age. Laughing

Just think every week we could watch Joe make a pass at Sweet Lil Suzy Kolber. nono

Now that is funny clap
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Poor Eagles...

Quote :
Eagles left tackle Jason Peters has ruptured his Achilles tendon, the team announced Friday, leaving his 2012 season in jeopardy.
The five-time Pro Bowl selection suffered the injury to his right leg on Tuesday while training in Texas.
Peters is scheduled to undergo surgery on April 2 at Philadelphia's Rothman Institute.
His
injury leaves Philly without arguably the game's best left tackle,
voted to the Pro Bowl in all three seasons with the Eagles from 2009 to

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:32 pm

bummer.

Thats why I don't train...that shit just doesn't happen here on the couch.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Poor Vick owners like me also

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Why don't they sign Demetrius Bell with all that cap space...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:01 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Why don't they sign Demetrius Bell with all that cap space...

For once I called it right! Since to 5 year deal...
As a Vick owner - yay!
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:46 pm

The deal to send cornerback Asante Samuel to the Atlanta Falcons from the Philadelphia Eagles has been finalized, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Rosenthal: Falcons all in at CB

The Falcons' impending acquisition of Asante Samuel, Gregg Rosenthal writes shows how teams are trying to compete in the new NFL. More ...

As part of the trade, Samuel and the Falcons have agreed to terms on a three-year, $18.5 million deal.

It's not yet known what the Falcons will send the Eagles in return for the nine-year veteran.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Hearing its a 5th or lower...I think its a win-win trade either way. When you are getting something for someone you are about to cut, you cant complain.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:04 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Hearing its a 5th or lower...I think its a win-win trade either way. When you are getting something for someone you are about to cut, you cant complain.

And now our secondary is much better. Now all we need is a safety....come on Barron!!! If we can somehow land him we'd be freaking stacked nicely on defense. Cole and Babin on the ends, Mike Patterson, and Demeco Ryans up the middle, Nnamdi and DRC on the outsides and Mark Barron over the top....now hopefully the Eagles coaching staff doesnt fudge this one up.....I swear sometimes the fans would do a better job at managing this team...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
Now all we need is a safety....come on Barron!!! If we can somehow land him we'd be freaking stacked nicely on defense.

At 15? Would have to trade up.

Mark Barron won't make it to Dallas at 14

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter is essentially guaranteeing that Alabama S Mark Barron will not make it to the Cowboys' pick at No. 14 overall.

Analysis: Believed to be ranked as a top-ten, even top-six player on many if not most boards around the league, Barron is considered a strong possibility to be Buffalo's pick at No. 10 overall. The Chiefs could also give him a long look at No. 11, and we wouldn't rule out Carolina considering Barron at No. 9. Our prediction, as it stands, is Barron going to the Bills and Michael Brockers to Dallas.

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:13 am

If the Eagles don't do well in 2012 does any think that Reed will be fired??

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 am

I guarantee the Eagles at least make the playoffs. No way they dont....I forgot to mention Cullen Jenkins along with Mike Patterson and Demeco Ryans up the middle. IF by any chance they dont....Philadelphia will explode...riots will occur....pigs will fly....and I will stop talking.... zip it

rolleyes

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:34 am

Cullen Jenkins along with Mike Patterson and Demeco Ryans up the middle.

Homer. For what it's worth, the majority of the rest of the world doesn't know who these people are.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:38 am

The rest of the world is ignorant...

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:41 am

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Now all we need is a safety....come on Barron!!! If we can somehow land him we'd be freaking stacked nicely on defense.

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter is essentially guaranteeing that Alabama S Mark Barron will not make it to the Cowboys' pick at No. 14 overall.

Analysis: Believed to be ranked as a top-ten, even top-six player on many if not most boards around the league, Barron is considered a strong possibility to be Buffalo's pick at No. 10 overall. The Chiefs could also give him a long look at No. 11, and we wouldn't rule out Carolina considering Barron at No. 9. Our prediction, as it stands, is Barron going to the Bills and Michael Brockers to Dallas.

If the Vikings make that deal with Buffalo to get the 1.10, I could see Minnesota taking Barron with the 1.10.
Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:02 am

Racktacular wrote:
Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:

Quote :

If the Vikings make that deal with Buffalo to get the 1.10, I could see Minnesota taking Barron with the 1.10.

If that happens I honestly could see the Vikings moving down twice to 10 and then to 16 pray they could get a lot of value out of that. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:46 am

Our D-Line is going to be disgusting. Philadelphia defense will be top 3 this year. Book it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: DT Fletcher Cox (Mississippi State)

Round 2: LB Mychal Kendricks (California), DE Vinny Curry (Marshall)

Round 3: QB Nick Foles (Arizona)

Round 4: CB Brandon Boykin (Georgia)

Round 5: OT Dennis Kelly (Purdue)

Round 6: WR Marvin McNutt (Iowa), OG Brandon Washington (Miami, FL)

Round 7: RB Bryce Brown (Kansas State)

Grade: A

Summary:

The Eagles' top five picks hold up against any team's draft class this year. Andy Reid and Co. looked at their needs and did a methodical job of collecting value players at each spot. They filled out their defense in the first two rounds and then found a developmental quarterback to groom behind Michael Vick.

One potential sleeper is Brandon Boykin. If healthy, he's a potential starter. In Round 6, Philadelphia hit two big-name college players, Marvin McNutt and Brandon Washington. Both could easily outplay their draft stock.

hate to say it but they had a great draft. Blegh.

NFC East is getting scary especially with the moves Philly/Dallas made on D this draft.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Yeah l love the DL picks to build on a strength. Foales is the only ?? but Andy and Marty are the qB gurus

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 am

Looks like they want to scale back Shady's load:

Quote :
LeSean McCoy is just 23 years old, but Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid said it's probably about time the team backs off on the amount of touches per game it gives him.

"I probably overplayed (LeSean) McCoy a little bit, even though he doesn't want to hear that. As he continues to get older and have the number of reps under his belt that he does, you'll want to back off the number of reps that he does," Reid said at a news conference Saturday after the draft, according to the team's official website.

McCoy started 15 games for the Eagles and carried the ball 273 times for 1,309 yards and a league-best 17 touchdowns in 2011. He also caught 48 passes for three touchdowns and 315 yards.

McCoy is in the final year of his rookie contract and is scheduled to make $615,000 next season, but he and the team have failed to come to an agreement on terms of an extension.

Reid noted that he would have liked to have gotten the ball in backup Dion Lewis' hands more often last season. Lewis had 23 carries for one touchdown and 102 yards -- although most of those took place in Week 17, when the Eagles had already been eliminated from playoff contention.

Philadelphia picked up Kansas State running back Bryce Brown in the seventh round of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Brown played one season at Tennessee in 2009, amassing 460 yards with three touchdowns on 101 carries. He then transferred to Kansas State, where he carried the ball only three times for 16 yards

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 am

it is the new NFL you just run the shit out of your running backs and then hang them out to dry in a few years.

but seriously McCoy needed some help last year. Ronnie Brown was not the answer and did more bad then good for the team and that is why the Eagles had to keep running McCoy so much every game. Now they have Lewis in year 2, drafted Bryce Brown, and signed Chris Polk. That should let the 3 of them battle it out in training camp which is great.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 am

McCoy is still a beast. Enough said. Red zone bully. Hes a lock for 1500 total yards and double digit TD's every year...

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:13 pm

http://phillysportsmuse.com/2012/06/05/eagles-de-trent-cole-praises-brandon-graham/#more-2743

Quote :
Eagles DE Trent Cole praises Brandon Graham...

“He’s a great player. He’s gonna be a great player. He’s one of those guys, he reminds me of me and Jason [Babin]. He gets after it. He gets after it every down. I’m expecting a lot out of him. He’s going to be a big key to our success.

“He’s a very motivated guy. He wants to get after it and win.”

To think the Eagles traded up to grab him when they could have stayed put and had JPP. I hope he can turn his career around, time will only tell. I do have to say I love the Eagles D-Line heading into this year, I think they may have mirrored what their Rivals the Giants have been doing for awhile now.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Quote :
Eagles running backs coach Ted Williams had high praise for seventh-round RB Bryce Brown Monday.

Brown is gaining some steam as a challenger to Dion Lewis for the No. 2 gig behind LeSean McCoy. "This guy can do things other guys his size are not capable of," Williams said. "He's got speed." Brown ran a 4.48 forty at 6'0/223 and appears to be ahead of Chris Polk as training camp gets underway.

Although I don't consider myself an Eagles insider or anything but I do follow my team very closely and everything I have heard and seen is that Brown could be the real deal. I think he beats out Polk easily and I don't think he is too far behind Lewis on the depth chart. A great dynasty player to hold for the next year or two.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Quote :
Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder revealed Sunday that DT Mike Patterson (brain surgery) will not participate in training camp.

Patterson has been placed on the non-football injury list, with "no timetable for return." Eagles doctors decided to shut down Patterson because he's simply not ready to practice or play in games. Per Burkholder, the Eagles believed Patterson would be healed from his brain AVM surgery after six months of rehab, "but he's not" and "it could be a couple (more) months." While the Eagles are saying for now that Patterson's injury is not career threatening, slower-than-anticipated recovery from brain surgery is an obvious long-term concern.

I think the Eagles already knew this was the case when the drafted Cox.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Quote :
Eagles running backs coach Ted Williams had high praise for seventh-round RB Bryce Brown Monday.

Brown is gaining some steam as a challenger to Dion Lewis for the No. 2 gig behind LeSean McCoy. "This guy can do things other guys his size are not capable of," Williams said. "He's got speed." Brown ran a 4.48 forty at 6'0/223 and appears to be ahead of Chris Polk as training camp gets underway.

Although I don't consider myself an Eagles insider or anything but I do follow my team very closely and everything I have heard and seen is that Brown could be the real deal. I think he beats out Polk easily and I don't think he is too far behind Lewis on the depth chart. A great dynasty player to hold for the next year or two.

been following Brown since he was a recruit at Miami. Great athlete, just does not have his head on straight, or at least he did not a few years ago...

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:44 pm

I am such an Eagles nerd I have been watching Training Camp live all day long. Hey Vince this should give you something to do other then bitch to Jason about who has the better 3rd string QB or who's 5th LBer is better.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/eagles-live.html

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:16 pm

that's awesome... wish the Lie-downs had something like that.. of course, it could just be a police cruiser cam

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
this should give you something to do other then bitch to Jason about who has the better 3rd string QB or who's 5th LBer is better.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/eagles-live.html

A) Today I was very very productive thank you very much!

B) At first I didnt get what it was so for like 5 minutes while I was cooking dinner I was waiting for it to load or for a video to start LOL. Then I saw at the bottom "welcome to live training camp" and then I felt like an idiot. doh

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 pm

I felt like an idiot. doh

Well that's nothing new Laughing

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:28 pm

Placeholder

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:33 am

I hate the Eagles and the Walrus but my heart goes out to him and his family. What a shame.

Quote :
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) -- Garrett Reid, the oldest son of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid, was found dead Sunday morning in his room at training camp at Lehigh University.

The Eagles held Sunday morning's practice, but Andy Reid wasn't present. Eagles general manager Howie Roseman told reporters that Reid asked the team to go forward with training camp.

Edward Schupp, Chief of Police at Lehigh, said a 911 call was made at 7:20 a.m. Schupp said Garrett Reid was deceased upon a policeman's arrival at the campus dormitory. Schupp added ''there were no suspicious activities.''

Players gathered for a team prayer before the walkthrough began, and were told not to speak to reporters afterward.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Very sad.

Didnt they have issues a few years ago with him?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:20 pm

yeah, both of his sons have had their troubles. Really sad. No parent should have to endure something like this.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Awful, can't imagine it. Heart goes out to the Reid family.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Quote :
Eagles RCB Nnamdi Asomugha was carted off the field Monday following a thundering collision with S Nate Allen.

Asomugha remained down for nearly five minutes before finally rising to his feet. He reportedly didn't move his legs for "quite a while." The Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News' Les Bowen believes Asomugha likely suffered a concussion. We'll know more soon.

was just watching training camp live, and he collided with Nate Allen mid-air. Was laying on field for 5 minutes then walked on his own power to the golf cart then off to the locker room. At worst it is a concussion, but I think he just got the wind knocked out of him and bit his tongue

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Quote :
The Eagles are considering moving undrafted rookie RB Chris Polk to fullback.

"Certainly that’s been discussed and thought of," OC Marty Mornhinweg said. "He is a physical player, isn’t he? ... I think he is an excellent ball carrier, I think he could be an excellent blocker as well." Improved versatility could help Polk's chances of making the roster. He's the No. 4 tailback right now.

This goes to show you how high the Eagles are on both Lewis and Bryce Brown. Polk is great at pass pertection but no way they can keep 4 RB's on their roster (Especially when you have Shady).

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:37 am

Quote :
Kurt Coleman has won the starting strong safety job. Analysis: O.J. Atogwe has been banged up for the majority of camp and Jaiquawn Jarrett continues to be a liability. That leaves Coleman, a 2010 seventh-rounder, next to Nate Allen. He had 78 tackles, four interceptions, five pass breakups and one forced fumble last year. Three of those picks came in Week 6 against the Redskins.

In other news Vick hopes that wearing body armor will lead to him not breaking in half this season.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   

Back to top Go down

Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: