HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password

Share | 
 

 Green Bay Packers

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Uhh, didn't McCarthy already win a super bowl?

Champion.

And Shawn, the colors in this thread rock. If you want to change your blue to green you could be part of the cool clan as well. At least change the minions juspenders. Yeah, that is jean suspenders.

Todd, you hit the nail on the head.  clap


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:37 pm

McCarthy has won 1 Super Bowl over a 9yr career with a HOF QB every year. It blows me away that you think that he's that good. It gets to a point where his best just isn't good enough. I get that fans of shitty teams think we should be happy with what we have, that's not the expectation for the Packers. McCarthy is underachieving at this point in his career. So keep the same coach so you don't rock the boat? The status quo is good enough? Fuck that


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:41 pm

If McCarthy had Andy Dalton or Jay Cutler as his QB I'd give him a pass. Great we made it to the playoffs! McCarthy has had Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers as his QB's. At some point just 1 Super Bowl becomes unacceptable, I'm at that point. Let me get Ted Thompson on the phone


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3902

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:45 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
McCarthy has won 1 Super Bowl over a 9yr career with a HOF QB every year. It blows me away that you think that he's that good. It gets to a point where his best just isn't good enough. I get that fans of shitty teams think we should be happy with what we have, that's not the expectation for the Packers. McCarthy is underachieving at this point in his career. So keep the same coach so you don't rock the boat? The status quo is good enough? Fuck that

Well who do you want to coach the team, be the OC' and be the DC. Easy to toss rocks, now toss me your list of names. You want Mularkey?, Doug Pederson? Chip fuckin' Kelly? Old man Shanahan? How bout Koetter (sp)?, or Hue Jackson?, Ben McAdoo? Those for the most part are the guys that got job this off season. Is your perfect trifecta sitting out there in the NCAA or on another teams coaching staff as OC's, DC's, LB, DL, OL, QB coaches? Please share. Thanks.

coffee


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3748

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:47 pm

The season wasn't all that bad to begin with. I mean we made it to the second round of the playoffs, and were just a coin flip away from facing Carolina this week. Yeah we had a tough 11 game stretch, but other teams go through it. We just aren't used to it because Green Bay hardly ever gets blown out.

I just think us fans should take a step back and realize we made it this far with a fat Lacy, Jordy out, Matthews at MLB and 2 4th and 5th string WRS in Janis and the other guy (name to hard to spell). How many other teams could go that far, with that much talent out of their lineup? Not many I would guess.

I really do think they need to change up the offensive play calling next year. We are getting way to predictable and I feel that is why our offense hit a wall for 11 weeks. I would also give Capers 1 more year, and if we don't end up in the top 10 of defenses, they should make him walk. I like Capers, but sometimes his play selection is way off.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
McCarthy has won 1 Super Bowl over a 9yr career with a HOF QB every year. It blows me away that you think that he's that good. It gets to a point where his best just isn't good enough. I get that fans of shitty teams think we should be happy with what we have, that's not the expectation for the Packers. McCarthy is underachieving at this point in his career. So keep the same coach so you don't rock the boat? The status quo is good enough? Fuck that

Well who do you want to coach the team, be the OC' and be the DC.  Easy to toss rocks, now toss me your list of names.  You want Mularkey?, Doug Pederson? Chip fuckin' Kelly? Old man Shanahan?  How bout Koetter (sp)?, or Hue Jackson?, Ben McAdoo?  Those for the most part are the guys that got job this off season.  Is your perfect trifecta sitting out there in the NCAA or on another teams coaching staff as OC's, DC's, LB, DL, OL, QB coaches?  Please share.  Thanks.

coffee

Beside the pipe dream of having Bill Cowher come and take the job my list is short.
#1 Candidate for Head Coach and play caller- Josh McDaniels, I'd love to see what he could do with Rodgers given what he's done with New England. He's maximized the Patriots offense no matter who's injured. The guy went 8-8 with Tim Tebow and won a playoff game with that turd. I like him
#2 Candidate for Head Coach and play caller- Mike Shula, I like what he's done with Carolina's offense, I'd give him a shot.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Man, Shula? That's a stretch. Cowher? I have always dreamt about that but he's not moving.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2845

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:45 pm

Since we are talking "pipe dream" Wonder if Gruden would come out of the booth to Coach at Green Bay. He loves Rodgers, Lombardi and the GB History....Always yappin' about it, even while in Oakland.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:23 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Since we are talking "pipe dream"  Wonder if Gruden would come out of the booth to Coach at Green Bay.  He loves Rodgers, Lombardi and the GB History....Always yappin' about it, even while in Oakland.  

I don't think so, but he did coach here already.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:41 am

Gruden would be fun... I think Gruden and Cowher like the Cush job behind the desk to much but if they were ever going to come back you would think GB would at least be tempting.


Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3199

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:36 pm

Packers burned by OT Rule THEY Shot Down

Found this story on ChicagoTribune.com where the Chicago Bears proposed a change to the Overtime rules last off-season after the Packers lost to Seattle in overtime without touching the ball on offense. Apparently, the Bears proposed that regardless of the first team scoring a FG or a TD, BOTH teams would get an offensive opportunity in overtime. Funny enough, 29 teams voted "NO" to the proposal, including the Green Bay Packers! lol

So the Packers, who are bitching about losing a coin flip and not giving Rodgers a chance to score, voted against a proposed changed that would have given the Packers a chance to respond to the Arizona TD.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5459

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:32 am

I had heard that same story Rob. It's like when the Cowboys started bitching about the Calvin Johnson rule after Dez dropped his catch against the Packers.


Back to top Go down
Online
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:23 am

I haven't heard much about the coin flip. In these parts a lot of people are bitchin about McCarthy not going for 2pt conversion after the TD and about giving up the long play to Fitz in OT.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Quote :
Packers hired Ben Sirmans as RBs coach.

He's replacing Sam Gash, who was fired along with TEs coach Jerry Fontenot last week. Sirmans served as the Rams' RBs coach from 2012-15. He'll be tasked with getting Eddie Lacy back on track after a down year. Brian Angelichio will be the team's new TEs coach.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:27 pm

Lacy needs Jenny Craig as a RB coach


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:35 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Lacy needs Jenny Craig as a RB coach

You are always the positive Packer fan of the bunch.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:40 pm

I just like to joke, I bleed Green and Gold. It's a defense mechanism for them breaking my heart every year. Realistically though he's always gonna have weight issues. I'd be ok with them not resigning him when his contract is up.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5459

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I just like to joke, I bleed Green and Gold. It's a defense mechanism for them breaking my heart every year. Realistically though he's always gonna have weight issues. I'd be ok with them not resigning him when his contract is up.


His Jenny Craig Motivation is called Contract Year


Back to top Go down
Online
Valhalla Viktors
 
 
avatar

Posts : 232

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:45 pm

I just don't know anymore...I liked Lacy in college, he showed flashes early, but then he just came back down to reality. With more and more focus on the passing game, and what appears to be his lack of effort from him, I really don't know if he will have much of an impact for the long haul. Now, in that offense if he can get his shit together there is a lot of stat potential.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:00 am

Lacy was a very strong RB in his first two years. He showed flashes this year. Truth is that Eddie was out of shape, and was plagued by a bum ankle the entire year. He will be plenty productive in 2016, just my opinion.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:54 pm

"Homer and Gabe" radio show question of the day... Would you rather get rid of Mike McCarthy or Ted Thompson if that's what it took to win another SuperBowl?


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:39 pm

MM would be gone. It's easier to find a good coach than a good GM IMO.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Agreed, for the most part I think TT drafts well (except DE's), he makes great FA evaluations, even though I wish he'd take more of a risk in FA you know he's not going to overpay and he's not going to make FA moves unresponsibly a la Dan Snyder.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Agreed, for the most part I think TT drafts well (except DE's), he makes great FA evaluations, even though I wish he'd take more of a risk in FA you know he's not going to overpay and he's not going to make FA moves unresponsibly a la Dan Snyder.

Exactly. This was the convo I was having with some coworkers earlier today. We are always fiscally healthy and the way we do things is the reason for that. Imagine having to rework contracts every couple of years because you are in the red to start the season.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:52 pm

Even though I know it's coming, it gets harder and harder every year watching Thompson make no moves during FA. Fuck this year he's not even bringing anyone in to talk. It's not like we couldn't use an ILB or DE or TE.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:14 pm

I'm used to it. I don't like spending stupid money, and most FA's are stupid money. What was it, like 537 FA's last year and 2 were pro bowlers? 90% of these guys will be cut in the next two years because of their dumb huge contracts.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:24 pm

I get that but the stat that is the most incriminating is 2 HOF QB'S and 1 SB win. His strictly draft and develop scheme hasn't been successful enough. There has to be some money spent on FA also. The Nick Perry signing is garbage. He'll resign our own garbage but not take a chance in FA.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:32 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I get that but the stat that is the most incriminating is 2 HOF QB'S and 1 SB win. His strictly draft and develop scheme hasn't been successful enough. There has to be some money spent on FA also. The Nick Perry signing is garbage. He'll resign our own garbage but not take a chance in FA.

Well, it's 2 SB's.

But we couldn't have more different views on this. i love the way we operate. You don't ever see the Packers in cap trouble, we are never dumping bad contracts, and we are a contender every year. If it weren't for a horrible 5 minutes I think we have another SB 2 years ago. This strategy works, and it's why we are the 2nd most successful team in wins, playoff appearances, division champs. Ted will dip in when he sees a guy that he loves that can help, (Peppers, Woodson) but isn't willing to overspend on a guy that had a good year or two. Screw that.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:38 pm

1 SB as a GM, the other one was Wolf's. Great we're a fiscally responsible play-off team. Yippee!!! Not good enough, If he only has 1 SB with the Packers he will have greatly underacheived.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
1 SB as a GM, the other one was Wolf's. Great we're a fiscally responsible play-off team. Yippee!!! Not good enough, If he only has 1 SB with the Packers he will have greatly underacheived.

Can Ted control a guy jumping in front of Jordy to secure the onside kick and wrap up a game? What about all the other things that have happened in our playoff games? We have an amazing chance every year, and that's because of TT. So many packer fans are spoiled and act as if we should win the dance every year, but that's not the way it turns out. There are 31 other teams trying to do the same.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:48 pm

Every year? I'm just asking for more than one in 11 years with Favre and Rodgers as your QB. The Patriots set the bar and we're just clumped in with the other SB winners.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Every year? I'm just asking for more than one in 11 years with Favre and Rodgers as your QB. The Patriots set the bar and we're just clumped in with the other SB winners.  

See everyone brings up the patriots, but they are the exception not the rule. And if you want to include Favre, was it Thompson's fault Favre through across his body and was picked off in the NFC championship game when 4 guys were open and lost the game? Did Ted not put us in position with enough depth to win the super bowl that year?


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:02 pm

The Patriots aren't the exception, they're the standard by which all other teams are measured. Most years when the Packers make the playoffs they do not have a legitimate chance to win the SB due to defensive ineptitude. That is all Thompson, running the same shitty defense and defensive coordinator out there year after year. Maybe if Thompson signs a FA or 2 Favre isn't in the position to make that shitty throw. Who knows, I'm just sick of the same BS year after year.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:04 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
The Patriots aren't the exception, they're the standard by which all other teams are measured. Most years when the Packers make the playoffs they do not have a legitimate chance to win the SB due to defensive ineptitude. That is all Thompson, running the same shitty defense and defensive coordinator out there year after year. Maybe if Thompson signs a FA or 2 Favre isn't in the position to make that shitty throw. Who knows, I'm just sick of the same BS year after year.

Wow. Sounds like you need to join Brad and become a lion fan to find out what true pain is man. We have it pretty good. laughing


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:07 pm

I know it's nice to win but I'm sick of the mentality that fans should just be grateful to make it to the playoffs. As a franchise we should be way beyond that.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Yeah we all want a super bowl every year, and we are all crushed when it doesn't happen. There have just been so many stupid things to prevent it from happening over the years. I do support Thompson because I truly believe that he gives us a well rounded club, both financially and player depth.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9079

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:06 am



Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:42 am

Come on Jon, I thought you were the nice little Englishman! laughing


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5459

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:49 am

I feel that Jon has had that image on his desktop since the Vince days and has been dying to get a chance to use it. lol


Back to top Go down
Online
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:17 am

Passionate fans having a discussion about their beloved team over a pint. At least I know I was drinking at the time cheers


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:31 am

Oh you know it! cheers


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1739

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:48 am

Could be worse guys, you could be spending 8 million a year on DeMarco Murray or 7 million on Sanu...


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9079

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:53 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I feel that Jon has had that image on his desktop since the Vince days and has been dying to get a chance to use it.  lol

laughing

Ahhhh, Vince. I miss Vince...


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:15 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
Could be worse guys, you could be spending 8 million a year on DeMarco Murray or 7 million on Sanu...
I am thankful that I don't have to worry about that. If Thompson reaches on a player it's a cheap reach.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:21 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
Could be worse guys, you could be spending 8 million a year on DeMarco Murray or 7 million on Sanu...
I am thankful that I don't have to worry about that. If Thompson reaches on a player it's a cheap reach.

Was Peppers a cheap reach?


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:32 pm

I think he overpaid for Peppers but he is absolutely horrible at drafting DE's, so I was happy to at least know what we were getting. Pressure off the edge, 7-10 sacks, comes up with big plays. I would not have him back this year, I'd sign a different DE FA.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:36 pm

Thompson is out of this world good at drafting late round Offensive lineman, WR's and CB'S but horrible at TE and DE, marginal at LB. That's where I'd spend my money.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2503

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:42 pm

In your opinion what's Thompsons worst contract move? Whether it be FA or re-sign of our own player? For me it's Clay Matthews, hugely overrated, marginal edge rusher, not enough impact plays for the price tag.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:26 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
In your opinion what's Thompsons worst contract move? Whether it be FA or re-sign of our own player? For me it's Clay Matthews, hugely overrated, marginal edge rusher, not enough impact plays for the price tag.

I would have to agree with Clay, because it was such a large contract. I would like to see a full season of him either inside or outside. His last FULL season outside was great with 13 sacks in 12 games.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3748

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:32 pm

All I want to see is Thompson bring in a ILB. We really need one, and there are some good ones out there. I feel that is the weakest part of our defense that really needs to be addressed. Not sold on Barrington or Ryan. Also I don't think Clay is all that special playing middle either. Why not make a move to bring in Laurinaitis, Tulloch or even Lofton? They are all WAY better then who we have rostered


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   

Back to top Go down
 
Green Bay Packers
Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: