Green Bay Packers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:32 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
Who's going to get fired in Green Bay?

You know I hate to say it, but I hope Ted Thompson gets released. I mean, I like TT and really feel he has done a good job drafting over the years.

But there comes a time when just building through the draft isn't enough. I mean you look at a lot of the teams that have won the Superbowl lately, and a lot of them have added key FAs to push their team over the top. Something GB hasn't done since they acquired Mr. Woodson a few years back.

I think TT time has expired and it's time to get a new GM that isn't afraid, or stingy, to bring in FA help when you're really weak at a position. This is just my 2 cents

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Ted is the reason we are in the boat we are in as one of the most winning teams in the NFL. With the injuries we have had, the depth is what has saved us. It finally caught up to us, but we have been very unlucky with injuries and TT is not to blame for that. They have a plan in place for Wolf, and that may be 2017 or 2018.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Hopefully the Falcons can play as well in the SB.  Easy to root for them over the Patriots

agree

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:48 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Hopefully the Falcons can play as well in the SB.  Easy to root for them over the Patriots

agree
agree agree

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Cut Starks and released Shields which were both expected, and saved $12 Million in cap space.

Both awesome dudes and I hope they land on their feet. Both have stated that they would like to retire with the team, and hopefully Shields does because he is still having headaches from his concussion in September. Time to hang it up man and move on to the next phase in life.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:11 pm

Peppers should clear some money too. There's no way they resign him right?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Elsewhere in free agency:

John Paulsen‏ @4for4_John 2m
2 minutes ago

Report: Ted Thompson rolled over on the couch in his office.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:29 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Elsewhere in free agency:

John Paulsen‏ @4for4_John  2m
2 minutes ago

Report: Ted Thompson rolled over on the couch in his office.

rofl rofl

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:58 pm

They let Micah Hyde go to the Bills 5yr 30million. JC Tretter to the Browns. That's to big of a price tag for Hyde so I not disappointed there but it's one more hole to fill on defence

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 am

His twitter says that GB did not even extend an offer. Wonder what they know that the Bills don't. Looking at those two organizations recent history, I would trust the Packers decision over the Bills. Still, that GB secondary was smoked in the NFC title game (injuries were a major issue, I know) and losing Hyde does not look like it helps that situation.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:52 am

We signed 2 TE's and an average CB and resigned an average OLB. We lost a safety, 2 DE's and RB. If Thompson is relying on rookies to fill all the holes of our already pathetic defense I'm not going to even bother watching them this year because we're going to score 30pts a game and give up 40pts a game. I'm going to echo my thoughts that I'm sure I say every off season... time for Thompson to go, time for fresh prospective in GB.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:06 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
We signed 2 TE's and an average CB and resigned an average OLB. We lost a safety, 2 DE's and RB. If Thompson is relying on rookies to fill all the holes of our already pathetic defense I'm not going to even bother watching them this year because we're going to score 30pts a game and give up 40pts a game. I'm going to echo my thoughts that I'm sure I say every off season... time for Thompson to go, time for fresh prospective in GB.

smile and wave

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:02 am

You would think that since our defense is what's keeping us from the Superbowl every year, maybe his draft and develop philosophy could be tweeked a little on the defensive side of the ball.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
You would think that since our defense is what's keeping us from the Superbowl every year, maybe his draft and develop philosophy could be tweeked a little on the defensive side of the ball.

With over a 60% fail rate in the NFL for FA's over the past 10 years, it is no guarantee that VASTLY overspending on FA's would help us. It is more likely to screw us and while it looks like we have a lot of money with $27M, we don't. Rodgers deal will get done this offseason, we have the draft, and we have a number of big deals coming up with HAHA and Davante just to name a couple. How would you feel if we couldn't get HAHA's deal done? You know how much he will command?

And we were a player in FA this year, landing one of the best pass rushers in this horrible FA class, signing Nick Perry. Those fans who wish to look at that as not playing FA because he was on our roster last year need to go study.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:52 pm

As much as I like Thompson signing TE's, that money should have been spent on the defensive side of the ball. As far as a "60% fail rate", I don't know what that means. 60 % of FA's have a worse year than the previous year after signed in free agency? That doesn't mean a "fail" in our current situation. If we signed a FA safety or whatever, just because he had a worse year than the previous year doesn't mean he would equate to a fail. He'd still be an upgrade to our defense. What's the "success rate" of filling that hole with a rookie or street FA? I'd say it's a lot worse that 40%, it's just cheaper.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:26 pm

So do you think that if we would have overpaid Gilmore we would win the Super Bowl?

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:32 pm

He's gives us a better chance than a rookie CB. We've gone the rookie route, I'm over that.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:36 pm

Last year was unfortunate at the position, and a letdown. Shields injury killed us. Randall and Rollins both had down years from the previous season and that was very surprising. I think both will be up after the sophomore slump. But to depend on overpaying other teams castaways, I just can't get on board most of the time.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:53 pm

Yeah, the "he"ll be better next year" philosophy works awesome. Rodgers makes up for all our inadequacies, not because Thompson has a genius draft and develop track record. I'm tired of being a Packer fan who's happy with making the playoffs. Thompson will be an epic failure if he only gets to 1 SuperBowl with Rodgers.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:57 am

Good thing Rodgers has 5-7 years left. Just don't watch them this year, because TT does what he does, and you said you wouldn't. laughing

Our long term success has a lot to do with Rodgers, but TT has supplied us with very good depth and rosters to weather injury storms and compete for a championship every year. We are extremely fortunate.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:14 am

Just because we make the playoffs doesn't mean we're competing for a championship. Don't fool yourself, there's a difference

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:44 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Just because we make the playoffs doesn't mean we're competing for a championship. Don't fool yourself, there's a difference

HAHA, OMFG Dan really? Getting to the NFC Championship game multiple times is not competing for a Championship? You can't tell me that the other 30 teams in the NFL didn't want to have the opportunity that we have had? We were a Brandon Bostin fuckup from going to another Super Bowl. You are joking right?

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:05 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

HAHA, OMFG Dan really? Getting to the NFC Championship game multiple times is not competing for a Championship? You can't tell me that the other 30 teams in the NFL didn't want to have the opportunity that we have had? We were a Brandon Bostin fuckup from going to another Super Bowl. You are joking right?
If you think we had a chance to win the Super Bowl last year you've got blinders on. Did you see the part where got smoked by the Falcons. Do you really think we had a chance to win that game? I can tell you exactly how next year is going to go. We are going to win against the Bears and Lions like we do every year, everybody will feel warm and fuzzy about our wins in a horrible division and against other bottom feeders in the league and then reality sets in when we make to playoffs and we can't score 30+ pts against teams anymore. Then we all kiss Thompsons ass because we can't believe we got as far as we did with a shitty roster and injuries. In the last 5 years Thompson has drafted 1 Pro Bowl defensive player, the rest are starters out of necessity not because they're good. Most aren't even in the league anymore. Find a different strategy on defense, that's all I ask. He's great at finding O-Line and skilled players in the draft, his defensive strategy is not working. Can't do the same fucking thing every year and expect different results.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:23 am

Were we out-matched last year in the game vs Atlanta? Yes. Yes we were. Did we go into the number 1 seed's house and beat them? Yes. Were the Cowboys bad? Were they the Lions and Bears? Was that an easy win? That terrible defense stepped up and did what they had to against a rock solid offense.

1 Pro Bowl defensive player....

Clay Matthews
BJ Raji
Tramon Williams (Undrafted FA)
HAHA Clinton Dix

I would say that is more than 1, but you be the judge.

No matter how you want to slice it, our franchise is very well run. You can have your view on it, but please don't act as if we are not one of the top teams in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:28 am

Well this has been entertaining. beer eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:36 am

HAHA, no ill will, I love this kind of debate.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:48 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Well this has been entertaining.  beer eating popcorn

high five2 I'm with you Bill.  I've learned more about the Packers the last couple of days, then I have ever know about them. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:18 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Were we out-matched last year in the game vs Atlanta? Yes. Yes we were. Did we go into the number 1 seed's house and beat them? Yes. Were the Cowboys bad? Were they the Lions and Bears? Was that an easy win? That terrible defense stepped up and did what they had to against a rock solid offense.

1 Pro Bowl defensive player....

Clay Matthews
BJ Raji
Tramon Williams (Undrafted FA)
HAHA Clinton Dix

I would say that is more than 1, but you be the judge.

No matter how you want to slice it, our franchise is very well run. You can have your view on it, but please don't act as if we are not one of the top teams in the NFL.
HA Ha was the 1 I was referring to within the last 5 yrs. The rest were 7 yrs ago I believe. Can't live in the past forever...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:41 am

Well I was just saying, that he has hit. Has he missed more than he has hit of defense? For sure. But I think we found a gem in Kenny Clark. Mike Daniels is a rock solid find too in the 4th, and he was snubbed on the Pro Bowl this past year. We have a solid line, two good safeties, two very good linebackers, and 4 question marks with Ryan, Martinez, Randall and Rollins but all are youthful and have a decent chance to succeed. Ryan is just a solid guy in the middle, reminds me of Hawk. Not flashy, but there around the ball.

Are there holes? Yes, but I think that we can be very good on defense this year and take a step forward from the 21st defense. If we post a top 15 defense and improve just a little bit we will have a legitimate shot at a Lombardi in 2017. Offense is in tact, and losing Lang is not an issue.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:23 am

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:26 am

Jeez, thought he was better than that. That is discouraging.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:50 am

Maybe he just fumbled the kid on accident... Too soon?

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:57 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:

embarrassed slap

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:12 pm

But what if she grew up a Bear's fan???

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:

lol. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:26 pm

Brett Favre: “Never say never” to returning to work for Packers. Brett Favre, who struggled to say no to chances to come back as a quarterback, won’t come right out and say he wants to come back and work for the Packers.

But he made it clear in his uniquely Favre way that he’s willing to listen if they want to ask. http://tinyurl.com/y87l6lww

He has coached 2 yrs. of HS ball, assistant...
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:15 pm

No thank you Brett, stay in Mississippi please. Not as a coach for sure, a team ambassador? That may be fine, but I don't want him teaching mechanics to any player. Why he was great was because of the way he improvised, not because of his technique in anything. Improvisation is hard to teach, if impossible.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:48 am

"However, Favre said any such NFL pursuits will remain on hold until his youngest daughter, Breleigh, finishes her college volleyball career at Southern Miss. Breleigh will be a freshman for the Golden Eagles this fall."

4 years from now his comments will be long forgotten.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Weather permitting the Packers will host their Family Night tonight. it is basically a glorified practice held at Lambeau that sells out. Do other teams offer these scrimmage nights and air them on Local TV?

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Weather permitting the Packers will host their Family Night tonight.  it is basically a glorified practice held at Lambeau that sells out.  Do other teams offer these scrimmage nights and air them on Local TV?

Not sure...but "our" fans are a little different in Oaktown....
Here's one in training:

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:38 pm

Panthers have a similar event. They had it this week I do believe. They call it fanfest.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:23 pm

Mason Crosby looks awful. He went 1 for 7 on field goals at Family Night. Only make was straight on from 42 I believe. I assume there will be a lot of articles tomorrow about it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Just got home from family night. Great time. Just under 64,000 at a practice. Had to sit in my companies box, I prefer to be in the crowd at Lambeau.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 am

I'm kinda glad they lost, because with a minute to go before the half, you just run the clock out?? What the fuck was that about? How do you go into the half satisfied with a tie and not try and add points? Stupid mother fuckers

This team and Hundley are driving me up a fucking wall right now. What I'm seeing on the field from the whole team, since Rodgers went out, is complete BULLSHIT!!! This team sucks from top to bottom right now

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:15 am

That game me a little confidence that they have a chance to beat the Bucs and Browns though. Hundley showed grit at the end of the game getting them in the end zone to tie the game. Poor clock management at the end of regulation cost them a chance to play overtime. Left to much time on the clock for Brown to tear apart our paper thin defense.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:01 am

I honestly thought we would be down 21 by half. Fantastically played game, and the defense was opportunistic. The Steelers are the best, or 2nd best team in the AFC, and we played well in their house, on SNF. Lot to hang our hat on. There were definitely some bad coaching decisions. Hundley rocked it.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:07 am

I'm thinking it's time to part ways with this damn Capers defense.  This shit has never really worked and I think it's time for a change.  His tenure as coordinator has run it's course and we need a fresh new start with somebody else

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:14 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I'm thinking it's time to part ways with this damn Capers defense.  This shit has never really worked and I think it's time for a change.  His tenure as coordinator has run it's course and we need a fresh new start with somebody else

Sadly, you may be right. I am not sure if he doesn't have the right players, or his schemes are just not innovative anymore, but it is not working. I am always the "Stay the course" guy, but this year, it was tough to be that guy.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 am

Never worked? The last super bowl team would disagree with you. Ranked #2 in defense that year.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:31 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Never worked?  The last super bowl team would disagree with you.  Ranked #2 in defense that year.

That was soooo long ago.  It just hasn't been good since Woodson left.

Yes, l believe he single handily helped that defense to the #2 ranked that year.  The dude is a big time leader and he seemed to make everyone around him play better.  So I don't really give Capers credit for that year because Woody was the biggest reason we were so Good!  Capers pretty much called the play and Woodson made that so called "play" call better

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   

Back to top Go down

Green Bay Packers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: