Share | 

Green Bay Packers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
All I want to see is Thompson bring in a ILB.  We really need one, and there are some good ones out there.  I feel that is the weakest part of our defense that really needs to be addressed.  Not sold on Barrington or Ryan.  Also I don't think Clay is all that special playing middle either.  Why not make a move to bring in Laurinaitis, Tulloch or even Lofton?  They are all WAY better then who we have rostered
Exactly, and it's not like you'd have to break the bank for any of those guys. I even like a guy like Jared Cook at TE, cheap price tag and I think he'd be a better offensive target than Rodgers.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:22 pm

How cheap will Cook really be? He broke the bank with his last contract and failed miserably. Why would you want a guy like that? Gross.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:31 pm

He'll be cheaper considering he's out of work. The fact that he didn't prosper with the Rams means nothing to me when you consider who has been playing QB there. No receiver has done well there lately.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:33 pm

There is a reason he is out of work. There aren't many teams calling his cell because he is a fraud. He wants too much money and he already have DickRod, the same guy without the head problems.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:43 am

It's getting antsy again. Which one of you is on the beer?

laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:03 am

Sorry if it seems that way on my end, don't mean it to sound that way at all, just Packer convo not getting worked up at all. I love my Green Bay Packers.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Was this a big surprise???

Ryan WoodVerified account
‏@ByRyanWood
BREAKING: B.J. Raji plans to retire from football, per source with knowledge of his plans. #Packers are aware of his decision.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Kind of surprised. Aside from his performance down the stretch during the SB run he's been on non-factor. I assume it's health related.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:56 pm

A little surprised. I wasn't sure if the Packers would bring him back, but didn't see him retiring. He definitely felt spurned last offseason when the Packers let him test the market and the market was not what he thought it would be (That was after turning down nearly $10mil per year earlier in the year). Will be interesting to see if he stays gone or needs some skrill.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:37 pm

He wasn't all that good IMO anyway. Don't get me wrong I liked Raji, but he wasn't that important of a piece to our defense anyway

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:43 pm

With Pennel being suspended 4 games I thought there was a chance they bring Raji back, but that is the only reason. His name brings a bigger price tag than his current abilities.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:02 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this, so suck it bitches.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:01 pm

As per usual... Green Bay stands pat during the start of free agency...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:32 am

Quote :
This lightning bolt over Lambeau Field might be proof that nature is a Lions fan...  

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:48 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Quote :
This lightning bolt over Lambeau Field might be proof that nature is a Lions fan...  

Lions fans can dream anyway

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:54 am

Pretty clever actually. Well done Lions!

With 1 win in the last 25 years, it is funny. If it were a team that owned us at Lambeau, I would not think it is quite as funny.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:08 pm

Lions fans can wish this was true... Fact is, we have owned them and they are nothing but cute little pussy cats tongue laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Well, the Lions are on a 1 game winning streak there. tongue I haven't seen any lightning that looks like cheese over Ford Field.

You guys can live in the past. lol Us Lions fans look to the future... you know, b/c there really aren't glory days for us to relive.

Roar? haha

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:09 pm

I long for the days when the dolphins fleeced picks from teams like Detroit for guys like Scott Mitchell...

hairout hairout hairout

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:45 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
I long for the days when the dolphins fleeced picks from teams like Detroit for guys like Scott Mitchell...

hairout hairout hairout

You got Suh, quit your bitching. ROFL mock

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Seems about right... Why only wear one jersey into the Hall.  LOL

At least he can be always remembered as a Viking! oh yeah, and a Packer.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:20 pm

They put the Vikings jersey because he broke the consecutive streak record which will never be broken in that jersey.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:36 pm

Still has to burn a little...

When Marino retired there were whispers that the vikings tried to lure him to still play. So glad he stayed retired.

sweat

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:52 pm

I have 90% forgiven him, but can never fully go back to the feelings I had before he left. It hurt to see the Jets jersey, it killed me with the purple. I always said that I will never fully forgive that.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I have 90% forgiven him, but can never fully go back to the feelings I had before he left. It hurt to see the Jets jersey, it killed me with the purple. I always said that I will never fully forgive that.

Shit. The guy wanted to play football. He would have gladly wore the green and gold if he could have but that wasn't an option. Who cares. At this point if anyone considers him a Viking they're a dope. Brett Favre was a Green Bay Packer...whose last few years were muddy because that's how the NFL works.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:36 pm

I agree, but as a guy who was 10 when he started with us, I lived and breathed Favre while he was here. When he left I was really sad. I was on the side of the organization and said that they know best. But when he retired from the Jets, he knew damn well what he was doing and just came to the Vikings in spite.... And I took that personal. He wanted to spit in Ted Thompson's face, but I took it as a loogy right in my face (right or wrong, that's how it felt).

Ultimately Ted made the right call even though it was wildly unpopular at the time, but that's why I have supported Ted against all the haters.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:47 pm

But if I'm Brett....Ted doesn't dictate what I do. Fuck Ted! lol3

I'm just being a dink. haha

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:54 pm

I know it's a business. I took it personal, probably too personal.

That's me, on NFL Network "The Timeline" carrying Favres coffin. I worked for WAPL, a local radio station and we held a funeral for Brett before he came to town as a Viking. Haha!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:15 am

lol 2

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I know it's a business. I took it personal, probably too personal.

That's me, on NFL Network "The Timeline" carrying Favres coffin. I worked for WAPL, a local radio station and we held a funeral for Brett before he came to town as a Viking. Haha!

That's awesome!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:52 pm

We had 3 hearses, one for his body, one for his ego, and another to carry Brett away from Green Bay in case he changed his mind and decided he didn't want to be dead anymore.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Loved Favre's HOF speech. I wasn't crazy about Brett going to Minnesota but it sure made games interesting for a couple years. Ron Wolf, Reggie White, Brett Favre and Mike Holmgren changed Packer football forever. I could never be mad at any of them.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:15 am

I'm just glad we (Vikings) had a QB for a couple of years, that was as great as he was. We have been seriously lacking that over the years. I never hated Favre and always loved his passion for the game. It was just the icing on the cake when he played for the Vikings. He knew he would never be traded to the Vikings, so he went to the Jets. He knew he was coming here as soon as he left Green Bay!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:22 am

And in classic Favre fashion, he rolled to his right, threw across the grain and ripped out Vikings fans hearts everywhere. By design. Thanks Brett. The fall was way better than the climb!

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:36 am

Should have hit Berrian streaking down the field, wide open. Not sure what Favre was thinking on that play.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:11 am

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
Should have hit Berrian streaking down the field, wide open. Not sure what Favre was thinking on that play.

Preaching to the choir my friend. This was the pass that ended our 2007 season, and man I think we would have won it all that year. NFC Champ game! Look at the open options! Live by the gunslinger, die by the gunslinger.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

Preaching to the choir my friend. This was the pass that ended our 2007 season, and man I think we would have won it all that year. NFC Champ game! Look at the open options! Live by the gunslinger, die by the gunslinger.

I also agree that we would have won it that year too. We would've been the team that handed the Patriots their first loss and not the Giants! That play was very frustrating to see and relive

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:17 pm

After watching this first 2 weeks, I'm left feeling confused.... is Rodgers declining as a player?

Is most of the offensive struggles last year and this year because of poor offensive line play?

Is Rodgers still holding onto the ball to long because he's afraid of getting an INT? Or are the WRs just not as good as we thought they were?

Is McCarthy to blame for this recent decline in offensive production?

These are the questions going in my head right now, and I can't figure out what the fuck is going on with this team!!! We need to fix it fast, or we are going to be in big trouble come December

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:22 pm

I think it is several things:

We cannot blame the defense. The run D is number 1 in the NFL this year, only giving up 1.6 YPC...

Rodgers is holding on to the ball too long, yes, but I was at the JVille game watching the WR routes. Several of them were not open and Rodgers has been trying to create time, and still nothing.

Rodgers has not been the same though. His accuracy is just a little off.

The OLine has played alright. They got blown up a few times last night, but as a whole played well.

McCarthy, who I have consistently supported, has been terrible with play calling the first two games. How do you not kick a FG to tie the game up in the 3rd quarter. Not only that, but you run it with Starks? If you run on 4th and short, you pound Lacy. Lacy averaged 4.2 yards per carry last night against a tough defensive front, Starks ran 7 times for 3 yards... I just don't get it.

Hopefully the fix it, I think they will.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:31 pm

Since I've been just watching on the TV, is it that WRs are running bad routes or is it more the play calling? Just wondering because I don't have the luxury of seeing the whole field laughing

I read a stat today that said Rodgers has gone 11 straight games without a 300 yard game and 14 straight with a QB rating below 100!?! I knew it's been bad, but I didn't think it was as bad as it really is.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:39 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Since I've been just watching on the TV, is it that WRs are running bad routes or is it more the play calling?  Just wondering because I don't have the luxury of seeing the whole field laughing

I read a stat today that said Rodgers has gone 11 straight games without a 300 yard game and 14 straight with a QB rating below 100!?!  I knew it's been bad, but I didn't think it was as bad as it really is.  

I am not sure if it is play calling or bad routes, but none of them are open. It is frustrating watching other teams with WR's open all over the field though. I am wondering if Edgar Bennett is the right guy in the OC position?

The offense just seems stagnant though.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Man how I miss Joe Philbin! He was the best O-Coordinator we have ever had

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:26 pm

I see the game turning out differently if Hill would have started. No QB in his first game with the Vikings has ever put up that line. Bradford is the real thing, and I think Teddy can just take his time and heal. Even if Teddy is good to go next season, I think he will need to win the job over Bradford.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:18 pm

It was very noticable to me how much Lacy wasnt on the field which is confusing if he's supposed to be this studly weapon. Also, trying to force Adams into being a good player isn't working. He's just a guy.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Is it just me or are the Packers trying to run routes that take to long to develop ALL THE TIME. What ever happened to screens, quick slants, underneath drag routes. You can not tell me that Nelson and Cobb are not open at times or are they just not open to Rodgers liking. Every offense has high percentage routes/plays designed to let the WR or RB make a man miss and create something. Rodgers has not been the same QB for some reason, very average compared to how he used to be. He was better when they were changing personel packages every other play not sticking with the same 3WR bullshit.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:08 pm

The nauseating thing is, Rodgers is missing a lot of the throws he usually makes and they're not even close. What set him apart was his unbelievable accuracy. That is gone right now

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:31 pm

Good find Matt... Think the 9ers will trade Gabbert for Rodgers straight up? Maybe he just needs a change of scenery?

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:35 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Good find Matt... Think the 9ers will trade Gabbert for Rodgers straight up?  Maybe he just needs a change of scenery?  

I'd consider it, with a few WB's added to my side.  wink

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:05 pm

Looks like they are trying to capture some of that money that they don't get from people eating and drinking their own shit. Right now they have the Tundra Tailgate Zone, but this is a permanent structure. 

http://fox11online.com/sports/packers-and-nfl/packers-unveil-new-tailgate-area

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   

Back to top Go down

Green Bay Packers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: