x

Share | 

Green Bay Packers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Green Bay Packers   Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:27 am

Is anyone going to beat this team? Being a Vikings fan, I hope SOMEONE beats them!! I can't imagine all the shit I'll have to endure from Packers fans if they go undefeated....
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Well they lost. Probably best for them but it does suck that Don Shula is yet again celebrating his dumb season. As a guy who firmly believes in good football and the best team winning...I hope the Packers win it all. There are some other solid clubs but I don't put anyone in Green Bays ballpark right now.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:38 pm

I like all the shit I've been hearing on ESPN, and whatnot, that the Kansas City Chiefs "exposed" the Packers, and gave other teams a "blueprint on how to beat them"...Seriously??...It's one game people, settle the fuck down....
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 pm

I think more has to do with GB just not looking like they were ready to kill and combined with KC not being the KC of the week earlier so how do you plan for em when things have changed?
Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:28 am

My issue with Green Bay is the cockiness they've shown all season. Up by 30 late in a game and still have their starters going... Ridiculous. I loved the loss. And I loved the injuries even more. Now that I've said that, I sound like a jackass lol. I don't wish injuries on anyone and hate to see them, but they asked for em. Same as the Patriots did when they went 16-0. No reason to risk your starters when you have a lead late in a game. The Superbowl is the prize. Who cares about an undefeated season? Well, I would like to never hear from the dumbass Dolphins again, but whatever. They're almost all dead anyway.

zip it

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:27 am

I didnt think GB was that bad about all of that....huh....
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:03 pm

I think it is funny that they lose one game and everyone abandons ship and jumps on the Saints bandwagon just because Brees decided to throw 5 TDs the same week.

As for their cockiness, I like it. This is the NFL, if you can't hang then go play somewhere else. But it is there own fault for losing their players in garbage time though.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:35 pm

The Saints don't deserve it anywhere near as much as the Packers. Honestly, I felt like New Orleans was more of an issue with running up scores than GB
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:58 am

No more Nick Collins.

Quote :
Packers safety Nick Collins' seven-year tenure with the team is over.

Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the team will release Collins because they are not comfortable with him playing again after neck surgery.

Collins has reportedly been waiting to hear from doctors to find out whether he will be cleared to play again after recurring neck injuries. Either those reports came back with bad news or the Packers already made their own conclusions that it's not safe for Collins to play again.

It wasn't so long ago that the three-time Pro Bowler was returning an interception for a touchdown in the Super Bowl. We hope that Collins can play again, but we hope even more that he doesn't do anything to jeopardize his long-term health.

The news is a reminder that an NFL career can turn or end at almost any moment. Collins had 21 career interceptions, returning three for touchdowns in 2008.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: OLB Nick Perry (USC)

Round 2: DE Jerel Worthy (Michigan State), CB Casey Hayward (Vanderbilt)

Round 3: None

Round 4: DT Mike Daniels (Iowa), SS Jerron McMillian (Maine)

Round 5: ILB Terrell Manning (North Carolina State)

Round 6: None

Round 7: OT Andrew Datko (FSU), QB B.J. Coleman (Chattanooga)

Grade: A+

Summary:

Once again, the Green Bay Packers own the NFL draft.

Ted Thompson was on his game this weekend, nabbing great values and finding players who will attack the needs on this depth chart. Nick Perry is one of the steals of the draft at No. 28 overall. Same for Jerel Worthy and Casey Hayward in the second round.

Day Three filled the roster out with good depth players who have nice special teams potential.

Notable is Andrew Datko. A preseason 2011 first-rounder, Datko has missed major time with injury but has great upside.

Looks like they addressed their desperate need for improvement on defense and the line.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:41 pm

The key is whether Perry can make a big enough difference on the outside to get pressure / allow Matthews to

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat May 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Quote :
ESPN Milwaukee's Jason Wilde predicted on-air Friday that Donald Driver will remain with the Packers in 2012. Analysis: "I think he's gonna be back," said Wilde. "... He's willing to take a pay cut, I assume all the way down to the veteran minimum. ... I do think he'll be back." If so, Randall Cobb's re-draft league value figures to be blocked for one more season. Driver, 37, finished 2011 with 37 catches for 445 yards and six touchdowns. He failed to clear 75 receiving yards in all 16 appearances.

Not expecting a whole lot from Driver.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:52 am

And when Rodgers is your QB does it really matter?

Quote :
Packers RB Alex Green (ACL surgery) is noncommittal on his availability for the start of training camp. Analysis: "I'm not sure," he said. "That's something we'll determine as we get closer to the regular season." We linked to a story suggesting Green could have a "sizable" 2012 role, but he missed all OTAs and may not even be healthy for camp. He's also added ten pounds since the end of last season and is up to 228.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:33 am

Color me shocked I think this guy has some left in the tank.

Quote :
Packers released SS Charlie Peprah.

Analysis: Peprah received a $50,000 workout bonus in the spring and was due only $1 million in base salary. The move is a big surprise on the first day of training camp, although Peprah missed all of OTA season with knee woes and might not have been healthy. A 14-game starter in 2011, Peprah intercepted five passes and recorded 94 tackles. The Packers may turn to M.D. Jennings at strong safety, assuming they don't just move Charles Woodson there full time.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:35 pm

What the hell??? He was supposed to be the starter but I guess he started bad and the youngsters stepped it up. The Packers probably feel like the young combos could make up for Peprah. Very strange tho

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:07 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:
What the hell??? He was supposed to be the starter but I guess he started bad and the youngsters stepped it up. The Packers probably feel like the young combos could make up for Peprah. Very strange tho

Sihao! awesome job bro! that was a whole sentence! WOOHOO

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Quote :
Packers ILB D.J. Smith is expected to be a "100-percent" player in Green Bay's defense this season.

Smith was already ticketed for dime 'backer duties in place of A.J. Hawk, and Desmond Bishop's (likely) year-ending hamstring tear has vaulted Smith into the base and nickel packages. This is all a recipe for top-notch IDP statistics.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:55 pm

THEY GOT ROBBED MONDAY NIGHT! all the officials should be sent to guantanamo bay!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:19 am

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:07 am

that cracks me up

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm

(Rotoworld)Coach Mike McCarthy is "considering" giving up his role as the Packers' offensive play-caller.
Analysis: McCarthy has been adamant in the past about remaining the play-caller for Aaron Rodgers and Co., but after he was extremely passive in the NFC title game against the Seahawks, settling for two short field goals instead of going for touchdowns, he's now considering taking a step back. OC Tom Clements would be the obvious in-house favorite to take on an expanded role, as the Packers aren't going to bring anyone in from the outside. QBs coach Alex Van Pelt is another option. McCarthy would then become an overseer in a Jason Garrett-type role.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:10 am

I have 2 friends that are diehard Packer fans and they support this idea. Not sure if that means things will be better, but they need to be more aggressive.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:43 am

He shouldn't be considering it - it should be very plain for him to see after that Seahawks game.

I'd like to see them do like the Steelers did with Big Ben and give Rodgers more scope to call some plays.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:18 am

I think Tom Clements will do an excellent job at calling plays. I'm glad McCarthy finally gave up the play calling duties, he's just been doing it a long time and I think he knew it was time for a change.

I read a little bit about Clements and I feel he will be a good fit with Rodgers. So the offense shouldn't miss a beat with him calling the plays

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:16 am

I like it a lot, I think Rodgers will have more input and more control over the play calling with Clements in charge of the offense

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri May 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Hoping the Pack go LB and DL in the 2nd and 3rd rd. They always seem to pick up a middle rd WR and a late rd OL which is fine but defense is definately more of a priority.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Fri May 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
They always seem to pick up a middle rd WR

When you know, you know cheers

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue May 05, 2015 1:09 pm

The Packers  (choke choke) suck (choke choke)  I hope all their WR's break a bone....

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue May 05, 2015 4:08 pm

Rogers would just pass to himself then and we'd still win cool2

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: WTF   Tue May 05, 2015 6:10 pm

5-5-2015

Aaron Rogers to transition to female after 2015 season????

Reports continue to come in from sources everywhere that Aaron Rogers plans to go through gender replacement after the 2015 season is over.   In a recent interview with Brett Favre he was asked what he would do to support Aaron during his transition.  "Thats a hard question to answer cause there's so many things I would like to say here but for sure I would have to ask him WTF man..  I mean what in the hell is going through your mind??  Then I would prolly bitch slap his stupid ass, pull out my Favre buck knife and save him whatever millions he was going to spend removing his winky dinky and do it for free; said Favre".  Players around the league are calling this the Bruce Jenner affect....  It seems he has opened the door for every freak in the world to come out and be proud to be the freaks they are....  Aaron seems to be no different and it will be interesting to see if he plays in 2016....  He will be the first trans-gender player ever to play in the league and certainly the first player with boobies....  We will have to take a wait and see approach to see how owners, players and fans react when all is said and done.  At the end of the day this is the Green Bay Fudge Packers after all....

by...  Woody Pecker ...of the scratch my balls association
...WP has been writing stories for the RW League for days and is not highly regarded in the inner circle.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
5-5-2015

Aaron Rogers to transition to female after 2015 season????

Reports continue to come in from sources everywhere that Aaron Rogers plans to go through gender replacement after the 2015 season is over.   In a recent interview with Brett Favre he was asked what he would do to support Aaron during his transition.  "Thats a hard question to answer cause there's so many things I would like to say here but for sure I would have to ask him WTF man..  I mean what in the hell is going through your mind??  Then I would prolly bitch slap his stupid ass, pull out my Favre buck knife and save him whatever millions he was going to spend removing his winky dinky and do it for free; said Favre".  Players around the league are calling this the Bruce Jenner affect....  It seems he has opened the door for every freak in the world to come out and be proud to be the freaks they are....  Aaron seems to be no different and it will be interesting to see if he plays in 2016....  He will be the first trans-gender player ever to play in the league and certainly the first player with boobies....  We will have to take a wait and see approach to see how owners, players and fans react when all is said and done.  At the end of the day this is the Green Bay Fudge Packers after all....

by...  Woody Pecker ...of the scratch my balls association
...WP has been writing stories for the RW League for days and is not highly regarded in the inner circle.

ROTFLMAO

.........................................Wait I am a Packer fan, so this isn't funny Damn it!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:46 pm

Ouch. Flashbacks to last year.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:51 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:

Nah, it was a good game.  Even though we lost, I have to tip my hat to Fitzgerald.  He played like a man on a mission, so I hope he can get to the Super Bowl and finally win one.

Now for the Packers.  It's time to get back to the drawing board and figure out why the offense looked so out of sync all year.  Great season Pack, let's get it fixed this offseason and come back stronger next year

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:20 pm

Whew! Glad you Guys are here...Thought we might need to set-up a suicide watch for Nick and Dan. wink

No dog in the fight...Lots of mistakes so can't say "great" but will say "fun" game to watch...

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:16 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:

Nah, it was a good game.  Even though we lost, I have to tip my hat to Fitzgerald.  He played like a man on a mission, so I hope he can get to the Super Bowl and finally win one.

Now for the Packers.  It's time to get back to the drawing board and figure out why the offense looked so out of sync all year.  Great season Pack, let's get it fixed this offseason and come back stronger next year

Well the best they can hope for in 2016 is 2nd in the division cause the Vikings will own their ass next year...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:52 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:

Well the best they can hope for in 2016 is 2nd in the division cause the Vikings will own their ass next year...

Oh just settle down on the hype train you mouth breather. The Vikings are 2-11-1 against the Packers since 2010. You have no ground to stand on here.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:51 am

Does Green Bay have the most white WRs in the NFL? I just know if they started all 3, it would be really funny to see.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:08 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Winsted Psychos wrote:

Oh just settle down on the hype train you mouth breather. The Vikings are 2-11-1 against the Packers since 2010. You have no ground to stand on here.

Times they are a changin brother..... Don't care much for what happend last 10 years but rather whats gonna happen the next 10 years and I like the Vikings chances....

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:40 am

It's not going to happen but I'd honestly love to see them just clean house coaching wise, McCarthy on down, just clean house. Just not a McCarthy fan, I'd really like to see if it makes a difference who is coaching. This year it seemed to Rodgers could give 2 shits what happened on the field, I think part of that is Issues with McCarthy. Give me Mike Shanahan as a head coach, he can hire the rest.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:00 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
It's not going to happen but I'd honestly love to see them just clean house coaching wise, McCarthy on down, just clean house. Just not a McCarthy fan, I'd really like to see if it makes a difference who is coaching. This year it seemed to Rodgers could give 2 shits what happened on the field, I think part of that is Issues with McCarthy. Give me Mike Shanahan as a head coach, he can hire the rest.

I dont think this is the way they should go. McCarthy is still a good coach, but I do think they need to do something with the play calling. It just looked like Rodgers didn't like what was being called and hardly audibled to a different play. Not sure what was going on there, but after every play that went bad, he was looking at the sidelines shaking his head. Something needs to change with this.

Now, I like Shanahan, but firing McCarthy and hiring him would be a bad move for the Packers. Not saying I wouldn't mind having Shanahan, but I would give McCarthy a few more years before axing him.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:21 am

I guess the way I look at it is Rodgers and the Packers has a small window remaining to be successful, I want to see what he can do with a different offensive scheme and a different coach. This one is getting stale.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:20 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Give me Mike Shanahan as a head coach, he can hire the rest.

Perfect match, "Rat" Face with the Cheese Heads. vote yes

(Just be careful what you wish for...)

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:38 am

HELL no to Shanahan. Don't let him near the facility. MM all day over him and it isn't even close. Gross.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:49 am

McCarthy hasn't proved anything to me. It doesn't have to be Shanahan. Insert any coaches name here _________ and yes, just no more McCarthy and Capers, shits getting old.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:53 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
McCarthy hasn't proved anything to me. It doesn't have to be Shanahan. Insert any coaches name here _________ and yes, just no more McCarthy and Capers, shits getting old.

One rough season and you're unraveling....nearly every other team would have loved to be where the Packers have been for years and years. Blowing it up and starting fresh could be great but odds are it wouldn't pan out well.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:58 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

One rough season and you're unraveling....nearly every other team would have loved to be where the Packers have been for years and years.  Blowing it up and starting fresh could be great but odds are it wouldn't pan out well.

Exactly what I was just going to say. Packer Nation is stressing as a whole after this season. We had extremely high expectations. Stay the course, we had some big injuries that played a huge role in how this season panned out. Our OL was banged up all year. Our biggest concern was our defense, and that improved drastically. 

MM is a good coach with a solid past. I like the future.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:48 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

One rough season and you're unraveling....nearly every other team would have loved to be where the Packers have been for years and years.  Blowing it up and starting fresh could be great but odds are it wouldn't pan out well.
I'm not panicking I've just never been a McCarthy fan. Fact is we are not Vikings fans or Bears fans where getting to the playoffs is a moral victory. It's Superbowls or failure, that's the expectation. I do not have faith that Rodgers believes in McCarthy enough to win another Super Bowl. I think McCarthy's act is getting old with Rodgers and it's time to move on.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:

Really? Any coach will do, just fire McCarthy and Capers? Based on some of the hirings this off season you would almost certainly be taking a step back. Consider yourself lucky to have the guys and team you do and build upon it, not tear it down for some fresh new look. Something new does not necessarily mean something improved. Fact is the OL needs work, Lacy needs a diet, Jordy needs a bounce back, and all will likely be well in Packertown.

2cents

coffee

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:22 pm

The colors presented in this thread are dizzying dizzy

ETA: my yellow didn't help anything

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Uhh, didn't McCarthy already win a super bowl?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Bay Packers   

Back to top Go down

Green Bay Packers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: