Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I am surprised by this because Hernandez seems like the type of guy that would have thrived (in a bad way) in a prison setting.  He had celebrity, he had the gang affiliations, he was charismatic.

Perhaps you could sum up your feelings on this in a haiku.

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Oh Boy.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:43 pm

He's where he belongs, regardless of brain injuries.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:54 pm

I don't disagree but this is going to fan the flames the NFL is feeling on the effects of CTE.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:46 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I don't disagree but this is going to fan the flames the NFL is feeling on the effects of CTE.

Yep

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:59 am

If you do not want brain injuries do not play NFL football. Simple as that. They should have to sign something that they, or their family members cannot sue the NFL if they agree to their amazing contracts.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:14 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
If you do not want brain injuries do not play NFL football. Simple as that. They should have to sign something that they, or their family members cannot sue the NFL if they agree to their amazing contracts.

Nothing is ever that simple, but I hear what you are saying. Of course we also know a lot more now than everyone did in the past about brain injuries and football. All that being said, signs point to Aaron Hernandez being a sociopath. Maybe his sociopathy was exacerbated by CTE, we will never know, but CTE does not make you a sociopath.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:21 am

As a parent I'm struggling with the CTE side of it. My 9 year old son really wants to start playing football and seems to have a natural gift for it. He torches the kids he plays pickup with and he understands the game and the plays (for his age). I said no this season and blamed it on his travel basketball commitment but it was really me just stalling. I played and coached football, my brother, cousins, uncles, etc... all played. I still feel the pains due to a couple knee injuries but it was some of the best memories in my life. I preach to my kids to not live in the bubble most parents have their kids in and live life but when I'm honest with myself I really don't want him to play because of the risks. Kinda feel like a hypocrite with this topic. Tried to push him into baseball, basketball, golf, etc and he enjoys and plays all of them but football is obviously what gets him most excited. Here's hoping he changes his mind by next season...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am

That's just the thing. Hernandez was YOUNG. This isn't a guy who had been playing for fifteen years. Him being so young with the brain of a 67 year old is going to put more and more people off of playing.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:00 am

Southside Spartans wrote:
As a parent I'm struggling with the CTE side of it.  My 9 year old son really wants to start playing football and seems to have a natural gift for it.  He torches the kids he plays pickup with and he understands the game and the plays (for his age).  I said no this season and blamed it on his travel basketball commitment but it was really me just stalling.  I played and coached football, my brother, cousins, uncles, etc... all played.  I still feel the pains due to a couple knee injuries but it was some of the best memories in my life.  I preach to my kids to not live in the bubble most parents have their kids in and live life but when I'm honest with myself I really don't want him to play because of the risks.  Kinda feel like a hypocrite with this topic.  Tried to push him into baseball, basketball, golf, etc and he enjoys and plays all of them but football is obviously what gets him most excited.  Here's hoping he changes his mind by next season...

I never played football and my wife has made it perfectly clear our son will not play (fine by me as I am not thrilled by the idea either). I do wonder though how I would feel if the sport was something I did play growing up, like basketball. I also feel hypocritical to an extent given my enjoyment of watching football and obviously playing fantasy knowing the potential consequences for those that are providing my entertainment.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:17 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Southside Spartans wrote:
As a parent I'm struggling with the CTE side of it.  My 9 year old son really wants to start playing football and seems to have a natural gift for it.  He torches the kids he plays pickup with and he understands the game and the plays (for his age).  I said no this season and blamed it on his travel basketball commitment but it was really me just stalling.  I played and coached football, my brother, cousins, uncles, etc... all played.  I still feel the pains due to a couple knee injuries but it was some of the best memories in my life.  I preach to my kids to not live in the bubble most parents have their kids in and live life but when I'm honest with myself I really don't want him to play because of the risks.  Kinda feel like a hypocrite with this topic.  Tried to push him into baseball, basketball, golf, etc and he enjoys and plays all of them but football is obviously what gets him most excited.  Here's hoping he changes his mind by next season...

I never played football and my wife has made it perfectly clear our son will not play (fine by me as I am not thrilled by the idea either).  I do wonder though how I would feel if the sport was something I did play growing up, like basketball.  I also feel hypocritical to an extent given my enjoyment of watching football and obviously playing fantasy knowing the potential consequences for those that are providing my entertainment.

I know my Dad made me wait until high school, but by then I was pretty good at some other sports so I never ended up playing. It's definitely a tricky balance between keeping your son safe but still allowing him to do what he's interested in.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 am

Reality is its to late for any player in the NFL as the league is transitioning from a reactive to a proactive approach to addressing concussions, CTE...you can change the rules, develop better equipment, but it takes longer to change the culture.
At the college level it appears the game is further along...although some of the comments by commentators questioning targeting still seem "old school"
Youth and high school football is where the best opportunities exist to change the culture for the long term...

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:04 am

Very well put Mac, and the game will continue to change in the next few years

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Andromeda Afterglow wrote:
Very well put Mac, and the game will continue to change in the next few years

Which is great for the future of the game. Hopefully the nfl will do more for this current and former players down the road.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:28 pm

special 48 hours tonight on CBS at 10/9 central.

ALL-AMERICAN MURDER
the rise and fall of aaron hernandez eating popcorn beer AR15 firing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:30 pm

SHIT! I wish it wasn't already half over!

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:32 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
SHIT! I wish it wasn't already half over!

shit. my bad.

west coast rock on

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:35 am

California Nightmare wrote:

ALL-AMERICAN MURDER

that was tough to watch

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:14 am

ALL-AMERICAN MURDER

that was tough to watch

I wonder if they will replay it.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:44 am

Have it on DVR - will probably watch it tonight.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)   

Back to top Go down

Aaron Hernandez (Convicted Murderer)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: