x

Share | 

Stevan Ridley RB DET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 am

Quote :
New England Patriots RB Stevan Ridley looks like the favorite to start at running back for the team in Week 1. Ridley rushed for 87 yards on 16 carries with a touchdown in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 24, while RB Shane Vereen (undisclosed) exited with an injury.

The NE ground game doesn't leave me overly excited.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:54 am

I am actually happy that he is starting.... He looks really good

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Quote :
Vereen (left lower leg injury) did not practice Monday, the Patriots' official site reports. Analysis: Though there hasn't been much in the way of details regarding Vereen's injury, the report interestingly notes that he (along with TE Visanthe Shiancoe) is potentially a candidate for the new "designated for return" IR listing, which can be made as early as Tuesday.

Looks like this is Ridley's show.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:43 pm

cheers

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Trying to get him in a lot of my leagues

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Quote :
New England Patriots RB Stevan Ridley played in just 27 of the team's 66 offensive snaps in the AFC Divisional Round. RB Shane Vereen, in turn, saw an increase in playing time, particularly with the loss of RB Danny Woodhead (thumb) to injury.

I found this exceptionally interesting especially with how well Ridley played this year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Quote :
Patriots running back Stevan Ridley (thigh) didn't practice Friday, his third straight day missed Analysis: Ridley has been a disaster for fantasy owners this season and this injury isn't helping anything. He's likely to miss Sunday's game as coach Bill Belichick usually doesn't play guys who don't practice. The value of LeGarrette Blount should be on the rise.
Thought he would have practiced by now.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:44 pm

I'm surprised he hasn't practiced too... such a bummer that Vereen got injured.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:07 pm

I actually somehow still own Blount in a couple of leagues.

No way I start him.

Need a blunt to start a Blount.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

No way I start him.

I'm sure you have plenty!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

No way I start him.

I'm sure you have plenty!
Maybe, will let you know what's left in 1 hour and 3 minutes.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I'm surprised he hasn't practiced too... such a bummer that Vereen got injured.
Yeah. Vereen would've had a big year IMO.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:11 pm

dropped him in redraft...fuck him

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Ridley is in Belicheat's doghouse which just adds to the fact that he was already struggling... Long year for him I think... Wish I didn't own him in any leagues, but sadly I do...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:12 am

Quote :
Stevan Ridley (thigh/knee) was spotted at Patriots practice Wednesday. Analysis: It's a tremendous sign after Ridley missed every single practice last week and didn't play in the loss at Cincy. Even if he's "limited" Wednesday, his participation confirms no serious injury. Assuming Ridley is active against the Saints Sunday, he'll share base formation work with LeGarrette Blount. Exactly how much of that work he gets will depend on his health and if Bill Belichick punishes LeGarrette Blount for his Week 5 fumble.
With McFadden down I have to choose between Blount, Helu or Da'Rel Scott in one league...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Rotoworld reporting that the Patriots "fear" a torn ACL for Ridley.

👎

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:11 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:

👎

Think they'll bring back law firm? Or just go with Bolden and Vereen?

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:21 am

Maybe some James White?

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Maybe Emmit Smith

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:13 pm

I think James White was a healthy scratch yesterday... thats usually not a good sign of what your coaches think of you... or maybe its just NE and trying to figure out what they are thinking or why they do certain things is generally a waste of time... Who knows what they will do...

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Confirmed torn ACL and MCL.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:10 pm

Yep. Inconsiderate twat. Have to hope he lands somewhere that will use him more consistently next year.

Stevan Ridley is done for the season with tears to his ACL and MCL.

It's an unfortunate end to an up-and-down season, and quite possibly an up-and-down career in New England. Ridley will be a free agent in 2015. One of the league's most underrated power backs when healthy, Ridley was a frustrating player in Foxboro due to his pass-game limitations and fumbles that repeatedly got Ridley benched by fickle coach Bill Belichick. Ridley turns 26 in January. Coming off multiple knee ligament tears, Ridley will be greeted by a disappointing free agent market next March.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

👎

Think they'll bring back law firm? Or just go with Bolden and Vereen?

Pft, I'm not going to pretend to know. Nothing would surprise me. Bolden, to my eyes, looks like a good player when he's on the field, he's just a little inconsistent and I don't think they were happy with him this off-season because of his suspension. I'll probably add him in a few leagues just because he's the only NE RB that will be available in most/all leagues. I actually randomly picked him up last week in one league when I realized I had an empty roster spot and it's a deep league and Bolden was like the only name I recognized, lol.

After all the hype about the practices, White looked extremely pedestrian, again to my eyes, in the pre-season games. I can't recall if he's been active for all of the games this year, I don't think so.

The Patriots are also one of the few teams that carry a FB these days in James Develin. I'm not saying he's going to become a ball carrier, but he plays a not-insignificant role in the offense. He played a lot against the Bengals.

Nothing will surprise me. It's a bump fantasy-wise for Vereen, but probably not a huge one.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Mike wanted everyone to know Ridley signed with the Jets.

It's a one year deal

Last edited by Kingdom City Growlers 2 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Signed with the Jets per Mike.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Breaking news out of Australia...according to Mike of the Kangaroo's Pouch, runningback Stevan Ridley signed with the New York Jets to a one year deal. Turns out the Kangaroo's Pouch is a local strip joint so you may want to verify the story through a reliable source.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:25 am

If Ridley could see the love he is getting at RW this week he would be so proud.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Quote :
Lions signed RB Stevan Ridley, formerly of the Jets, to a one-year contract.
The Lions were the only team he visited in free agency. Ridley missed eight games last season while recovering from a torn ACL. Even when Ridley played he was ineffective, averaging a career-worst 2.5 yards per carry. The 27-year-old has never been a big contributor in the passing game (just 27 catches in 60 NFL appearances) but he still has some power and could challenge Ameer Abdullah and Zach Zenner for early-down work. Ridley's relationship with GM and former Patriots scouting director Bob Quinn likely played a role in his decision.

Icky.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:09 pm

Big mess!!

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:33 pm

But,...But... ZENNER!!! shrug Mad shrug

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:39 pm

laughing And this is why the Lions are the Lions!

After dumping Joique Bell (who deserved it) they go out and sign an even worse version of Joique Bell! Ridley blows, can't see him as a threat to the superior talent that is Ameer Abdullah, but I suppose he could cut into the vastly overrated Zach Zenner's role as a short yardage power back type...

Honestly though, this one yr deal looks like a temporary depth stop gap type of deal. Why set back either of your young RB's development for a year, especially when this team has no real chance of competing for a playoff spot in 2016... That would be ludicrous... but again, this is why the Lions are the Lions! laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:52 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
laughing  And this is why the Lions are the Lions!

After dumping Joique Bell (who deserved it)  they go out and sign an even worse version of Joique Bell!    Ridley blows,   can't see him as a threat to the superior talent that is Ameer Abdullah,  but I suppose he could cut into the vastly overrated Zach Zenner's role as a short yardage power back type...  

Honestly though,  this one yr deal looks like a temporary depth stop gap type of deal.   Why set back either of your young RB's development for a year,   especially when this team has no real chance of competing for a playoff spot in 2016...   That would be ludicrous...   but again,   this is why the Lions are the Lions!    laughing

Zenner is rated so high because he should be the featured back. He's better than anyone they've got, regardless of draft position. It won't play out that way though, because the Lions will be hell bent to prove they were right with Abdullah. I'd stick with a Zenner/Riddick combo myself.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:00 pm

Nope, completely disagree with you... Zenner played at a small time college and while he looked okay in very limited NFL snaps, what makes you think he should be the featured back? Abdullah is a very good player who can run and catch and had flashes of brilliance last season. If Zenner improves, I could see a RBBC type of split... actually it is doubtful that Detroit is looking for a featured back anyhow, they were dead set on a RBBC last year, just because they dumped Bell, they haven't done anything this offseason to indicate they are going to feature any one runner, Abdullah or otherwise...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:01 pm

Nope,   completely disagree with you...   Zenner played at a small time college and while he looked okay in very limited NFL snaps,  what makes you think he should be the featured back?   Abdullah is a very good player who can run and catch and had flashes of brilliance last season.   If Zenner improves,   I could see a RBBC  type of split...  actually it is doubtful that Detroit is looking for a featured back anyhow,   they were dead set on a RBBC last year,   just because they dumped Bell,  they haven't done anything this offseason to indicate they are going to feature any one runner,   Abdullah or otherwise...  

I don't care what college he played for. Jerry rice went to a small college, just to use your argument about speed. Abdullah has a very small sample size as well. That flash you talk about is similar to Jared Cook. He will always leave people waiting to meet his full potential. Zenner is no wold beater, but he's still the best they've got. The RBBC should be Zenner and Riddick.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:26 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Nope,   completely disagree with you...   Zenner played at a small time college and while he looked okay in very limited NFL snaps,  what makes you think he should be the featured back?   Abdullah is a very good player who can run and catch and had flashes of brilliance last season.   If Zenner improves,   I could see a RBBC  type of split...  actually it is doubtful that Detroit is looking for a featured back anyhow,   they were dead set on a RBBC last year,   just because they dumped Bell,  they haven't done anything this offseason to indicate they are going to feature any one runner,   Abdullah or otherwise...  

I don't care what college he played for. Jerry rice went to a small college, just to use your argument about speed. Abdullah has a very small sample size as well. That flash you talk about is similar to Jared Cook. He will always leave people waiting to meet his full potential. Zenner is no wold beater, but he's still the best they've got. The RBBC should be Zenner and Riddick.

Agree with Neutral here.

Watching Zenner, I liked what I saw and I hope his role increases. He reminded me of the 3-4 year ago Joique Bell when it seemed every time he touched it he got the "tough" yards that the team needed. I don't know if Zenner will amount to much, but I agree with Shawn that a Zenner/Riddick backfield is what I'd like to see in Detroit.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:41 pm

Not exactly sure how Zenner can be overrated seeing he wasn't drafted and was basically free last year in most leagues. If anything, Abdullah became overvalued after that 1 great preseason game. Can't see him ever being a feature back.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Quote :
The 2016 offseason carousel that is Ridley continues to spin as the Colts parted ways with the veteran just one week after signing him. This doesn't say much about Ridley's value this season as the Colts need help at the running back position and he did not make the cut. Ridley has been hampered by his lingering ACL injury and may have to wait a while before he catches on with another club. The Colts may have interest in Dexter McCluster, who was released by the Titans on Friday.

Another one for the fantasy graveyard.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stevan Ridley RB DET   

Back to top Go down

Stevan Ridley RB DET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: