:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

William Powell RB ARI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: William Powell RB ARI   Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Alright this is my own personal analysis. I've picked this guy up in any league I can that doesn't have salary / contracts. He's a great deep stash from what I've seen.

He was an undrafted rookie in 2011 out of Kansas State from what I can see. His preseason stats have been pretty killer from what I can see so far this year..

Against the Saints: 10 for 31 and caught 3 more for 26
Against KC he was 9 for 92 and a TD and caught one ball for 9 more yards.
Oakland was 7 for 37 and a TD. Caught a ball for 5 yards.
Tonight he's 7 for 71 and a TD

It might be nothing but that's 33 carries for 237 yards and 3 Touchdowns. Plus 5 catches for another 40 yards. That's 7.18 yards per carry.

For those interested in the history of Powell's NFL career...

Was undrafted and signed by the Cardinals in August of 11. In September they released him. In December of 2011 they signed him to their practice squad where he finished out the year. In January he was signed to a futures contract. It has recently been reported that he has been having a very strong camp and pushing Alfonso Smith for a roster spot.

I understand that this guy is likely nothing. He's buried in the depth chart and has looked great against the second/third string, but I like what I see. He is incredibly elusive and picks up a lot of yards after contact. He has incredible vision and quickness and looks like lightning in a bottle. He has also been involved in the return game as well and has looked pretty good there too (was 3 for 75 yards tonight)

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: William Powell RB ARI   Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Interesting for sure... with there injury prone RB's, he might get to climb up the depth chart

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: William Powell RB ARI   Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:
Interesting for sure... with there injury prone RB's, he might get to climb up the depth chart

I am very fascinated. Alfanso Smith is the #4 right now and he should absolutely take his spot. That means in front of him is:

Williams
Wells
Howling

Howling has a groin injury and Wells/Williams have injury concerns as well.

It isn't inconceivable that Powell continues to flash and earns his playing time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: William Powell RB ARI   

Back to top Go down

William Powell RB ARI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: