Nick Foles QB PHI

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:38 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
BENCHED for Case Keenum

I ended up getting him as an add on in a trade for Michael Floyd while Floyd sucked. Good to see Floyd turned it around and Foles isn't playing anymore. Neutral

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Foles sucks! Bout time they benched this bum!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:54 am

Quote :
ESPN's Field Yates reports the Rams still owe benched QB Nick Foles $7.75 million guaranteed. Analysis: Foles' $6 million roster bonus for 2016 became fully guaranteed on August 15, and his $1.75 million base salary for 2016 is guaranteed for injury now and becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the new league year. The roster bonus contains no offset language, meaning the Rams will have to pay the full amount even if they cut Foles this offseason. Unless they find a trade partner, Foles will likely be in St. Louis for at least one more season.

They might have benched him but they still gotta pay him!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:01 am

Two genius' players:

Foles
Flynn

$$$$$$$

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:09 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Two genius' players:

Foles
Flynn

$$$$$$$

Kyle Orton.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:38 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Two genius' players:

Foles
Flynn

$$$$$$$

Kyle Orton.

Damn, we could make a good list here as well.

But back to Foles, I would think he would surely be cut loose after this year, back to Philly? wink

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:05 am

I can't imagine they'll cut him - if only for financial reasons. Let him sit as a backup - he's better than some of the backups in the league... right Dallas?

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:21 pm

Adam Schefter wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports new Eagles coach Doug Pederson is "interested" in bringing Nick Foles back to Philadelphia.
The quarterback wheels are spinning in Philly. Schefter reported Sunday the Eagles are no longer planning to franchise tag Sam Bradford, and now it looks like Pederson is gearing up for a reunion with Foles. Pederson was the Eagles' quarterbacks coach when the team drafted Foles in 2012. Foles is coming off a dreadful year in St. Louis, but the $7.75 million he'll make in 2016 is far less than what Bradford will command in free agency. It's unclear what the Rams would be looking for in a trade for Foles. The Rams benched Foles down the stretch last year, deciding Case Keenum was a better option.

A bit surprised, but sometimes reunions do pan out...I'll hold Foles where I have him, and hope for some of that magic; or an early pre-season trade. wink

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:53 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Adam Schefter wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports new Eagles coach Doug Pederson is "interested" in bringing Nick Foles back to Philadelphia.
The quarterback wheels are spinning in Philly. Schefter reported Sunday the Eagles are no longer planning to franchise tag Sam Bradford, and now it looks like Pederson is gearing up for a reunion with Foles. Pederson was the Eagles' quarterbacks coach when the team drafted Foles in 2012. Foles is coming off a dreadful year in St. Louis, but the $7.75 million he'll make in 2016 is far less than what Bradford will command in free agency. It's unclear what the Rams would be looking for in a trade for Foles. The Rams benched Foles down the stretch last year, deciding Case Keenum was a better option.  

A bit surprised, but sometimes reunions do pan out...I'll hold Foles where I have him, and hope for some of that magic; or an early pre-season trade. wink

As a Philadelphia Eagles fan for all 35 years of life on this planet, bringing Foles back may be the final piece that breaks my sanity... Im ok with letting Bradford go, especially with the $$ he thinks he can get, but if we give anything of value to the Rams for Foles, I will be swinging from a rafter somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:56 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
As a Philadelphia Eagles fan for all 35 years of life on this planet, bringing Foles back may be the final piece that breaks my sanity...  Im ok with letting Bradford go, especially with the $$ he thinks he can get, but if we give anything of value to the Rams for Foles, I will be swinging from a rafter somewhere.  

Philly fan, wow I am sorry about that.  lol 2

Foles is not the answer, I find it hard to believe that he will be sought after. 2013 was the exception, not the rule in my opinion. A complete anomaly.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:04 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
As a Philadelphia Eagles fan for all 35 years of life on this planet, bringing Foles back may be the final piece that breaks my sanity...  Im ok with letting Bradford go, especially with the $$ he thinks he can get, but if we give anything of value to the Rams for Foles, I will be swinging from a rafter somewhere.  

Philly fan, wow I am sorry about that.  lol 2

Foles is not the answer, I find it hard to believe that he will be sought after. 2013 was the exception, not the rule in my opinion. A complete anomaly.

Completely agree. I saw a post on Rotoworld yesterday refuting the Foles rumors and just saying the team is doing their "due diligence" and exploring all avenues.

I kinda wish the Birds would have lost that last game to the Giants. Then they would have a top 10 pick and might have a chance at landing a QB, especially if Dallas passes on one.
Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:56 am

They need to forget about both Foles and Bradford and draft a prospect this year that is smart enough to start sometime this year...

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
They need to forget about both Foles and Bradford and draft a prospect this year that is smart enough to start sometime this year...

I agree, though not sure that prospect will be there at 13, especially if CLV and Dallas go QB at 2 & 4. There really isn't a guy I would be excited for them to trade up for, especially with the other needs the team has and no 2nd round pick this year due to the Bradford trade.
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:44 pm

From what I've read about the draft pool so far, this doesn't seem to be the year to go chasing after QBs.  I'm sure 2 or 3 teams will do that in the 1st round but it looks like it'll be a mistake.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:55 pm

I agree, though not sure that prospect will be there at 13, especially if CLV and Dallas go QB at 2 & 4.  There really isn't a guy I would be excited for them to trade up for, especially with the other needs the team has and no 2nd round pick this year due to the Bradford trade.

See, I have seen some mocks that have Dallas going QB, but I just don't see it. Not that high in the 1st round.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I agree, though not sure that prospect will be there at 13, especially if CLV and Dallas go QB at 2 & 4.  There really isn't a guy I would be excited for them to trade up for, especially with the other needs the team has and no 2nd round pick this year due to the Bradford trade.

See, I have seen some mocks that have Dallas going QB, but I just don't see it. Not that high in the 1st round.

If CLV goes Wentz at 2 and Goff gets past Dallas at 4, I wouldn't mind them jumping up to 6 to get ahead of SF to grab Goff, but not sure how much that would cost...
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:34 pm

Most will emphatically disagree with me, but 1st round picks are utterly worthless unless you have a decent QB. I would use 15 first round picks on a QB until I hit on one. Nick Foles isn't good enough. Teams need to make their money after the first round. If you keep hitting on 1st round picks, you'll never be able to afford them all. Example: Rams. You don't need 1st round picks to succeed. Example: Broncos, Seahawks.

So use up those 1st round picks until you land your guy.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:30 pm

...I wouldn't mind them jumping up to 6 to get ahead of SF to grab Goff, but not sure how much that would cost...

Absolutely Not!! nono

Aaron Rodgers and myself, will not allow our fellow Alum to waste his career in Philly! make fun

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:06 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

...I wouldn't mind them jumping up to 6 to get ahead of SF to grab Goff, but not sure how much that would cost...

Absolutely Not!!   nono  

Aaron Rodgers and myself, will not allow our fellow Alum to waste his career in Philly!   make fun

Cuz SF would be soooo much better.... laughing
Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Cuz SF would be soooo much better.... laughing

Absolutely!...Keep him on the left coast. wink    I think he may go higher than sixth or seventh, may be moot anyway.  Besides, you just might have Foles to lead the iggles, so no worries at QB.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Foles, Bradford!? WTF is wrong with this organization? I do agree with Shawn though. Use those 1st round picks on a QB until you hit and get a franchise one. Don't keep scraping the bottom of the barrel for worthless backup QB's!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Foles released by Rams.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:10 pm

C'mon MFL, mark him as a FA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:41 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
C'mon MFL, mark him as a FA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe somebody would actually have him on their team??? That has to be the most embarrassing thing ever lol3

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:23 am

Excellent...throwin' td's to Bryant by mid-season. so metal wink    

Quote :
Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Bills, Vikings, and Cowboys are free agent Nick Foles' three likeliest destinations.
Cole also reports the Jets showed interest in Foles, which may have played a role in Ryan Fitzpatrick re-signing with New York. Dallas would make a lot of sense as a Foles landing spot. Kellen Moore was out of his depth as a 2015 spot starter, and fourth-round rookie Dak Prescott isn't ready to play in the NFL.  

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:16 pm

This is fun... ROFL

Quote :
ESPN 1500 Twin Cities' Patrick Reusse is "hearing" free agent Nick Foles has been promised a chance to compete for the starting job if he signs with the Vikings.
Yeah, no. Even if that's something that's being whispered to Foles' agent behind the scenes, it has no practical bearing on reality. Teddy Bridgewater isn't exactly an upper-echelon starter, but he's well established as being better than Nick Foles. Few things generate more fanciful scenarios than backup-quality quarterbacks.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:59 pm

Signing with the Chiefs.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:37 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Signing with the Chiefs.

Wow, last I heard when I was working this afternoon was that the Cowboys were going to give him a look after Kellen Moore broke his leg.  If I was him, I may have looked more towards the Cowboys as Romo's health for an entire season worries me. Hasn't he already had some back soreness?  I know Reid & Foles go back to the Philly days, but I see a better playing chance for him in Dallas.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:08 am

Was surprised to see the Chiefs pop into the equation here and sign Foles.  But I think that it's a good fit for Foles and for the Chiefs.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:43 pm

Foles is the ideal backup IMO, he's going to give you a chance to win and he's not going to lose games for you.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:07 am

Regardless who you wanted to win Foles is such a feel good story. Foles Post Game

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:21 am

Nick to the white courtesy phone. Thread title adjustment needed. Nick to the white courtesy phone.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:51 am

Clearly Foles is a high profile guy around here!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Nick to the white courtesy phone.  Thread title adjustment needed.  Nick to the white courtesy phone.

I GOTCHU BRAH

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Foles is the ideal backup IMO, he's going to give you a chance to win and he's not going to lose games for you.

Must be nice for a team to have a good backup.....  GB is rollin with a dud that should only be carrying a clipboard for his whole career.

Even Brady had Hoyer, who isn't that good....  But is WAY better than Hundley

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB PHI   

Back to top Go down

Nick Foles QB PHI
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: