Share | 

Nick Foles QB STL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:55 am

Quote :
Eagles rookie QB Nick Foles completed 18-of-28 passes for 217 yards and two touchdowns, while also throwing an interception, in Monday night's preseason game against the Patriots.

Analysis: Foles entered the game on the Eagles' second series after Michael Vick went down with a rib injury. He joined the first-team offense as they faced the Patriots backups for over two quarters. The rookie showed impressive pocket presence, and, aside of an interception on a horribly underthrown ball, avoided big mistakes. Through two games, Foles has completed 24-of-38 passes for 361 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception. That works out to a 118.4 passer rating. Mike Kafka is inferior to Foles and no longer the favorite for No. 2 duties.

Good thing he got so much work with the first team as I'm sure he'll be starting most of the games this season.   ROTFLMAO

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:07 am

You just worry about the Giants backup job. Mike Vick will be fine

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:10 am

Utah Spazz wrote:

He has played what? Two preseason games so far? First time they thought he broke his thumb, second his ribs. I would bet any amount of money that he doesn't start/finish 16 games this season.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:18 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

He has played what? Two preseason games so far? First time they thought he broke his thumb, second his ribs. I would bet any amount of money that he doesn't start/finish 16 games this season.

That's like saying I bet the Jags don't make the playoffs ROTFLMAO
As long as he is healthy for 12+ he will win a lot of games for you esp at his ADP vs Cam

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Another killer game by Foles.

Quote :
Nick Foles completed 12-of-19 passes for 146 yards, two touchdowns and an interception against the Browns in the third preseason game.

Analysis: Outplaying first-round opponent Brandon Weeden, Foles would have had three first-quarter touchdowns had Damaris Johnson got a second foot down on a 23-yard back-shoulder pass. Continuing to show tremendous poise while executing Andy Reid's offense, Foles is now 36-of-57 (63.2 percent) for 507 yards (8.9 YPA) and a 6:2 TD-to-INT ratio through his first three preseason games.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:00 pm

He is looking great for the Vick injury fill in

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Quote :
Coach Andy Reid confirmed that rookie Nick Foles is the No. 2 quarterback behind Michael Vick "right now." Analysis: We expect it to stay that way all season. Now on the roster bubble, Mike Kafka (hand) will not play in Thursday's preseason finale, and Reid said the "phones are ringing" on potential trades. Foles will play one quarter as the starter while Trent Edwards closes it out in garbage time Thursday night.

It's official

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Quote :
Coach Andy Reid confirmed that rookie Nick Foles is the No. 2 quarterback behind Michael Vick "right now." Analysis: We expect it to stay that way all season. Now on the roster bubble, Mike Kafka (hand) will not play in Thursday's preseason finale, and Reid said the "phones are ringing" on potential trades. Foles will play one quarter as the starter while Trent Edwards closes it out in garbage time Thursday night.

It's official

I imagine several teams would be desperate for a QB with the talent that Foles has displayed. Eagles would be crazy to trade him though. I think he's more of a franchise QB than Vick.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Hard not to put him as the #2 QB, the poise and potential the kid has showed has been incredible. He is very confident out there and seems to know the game very well, also add in that he has a strong arm and his vision is excellent. I know it has only been 3 preseason games but I have been impressed.

If Vick fails to lead us deep into the playoffs this year, I think they get out of his $100 million contract and start fresh with Foles next year.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Quote :

It's official

I imagine several teams would be desperate for a QB with the talent that Foles has displayed. Eagles would be crazy to trade him though. I think he's more of a franchise QB than Vick.

I assume it's a trade for Kafka right?? They wouldn't deal Foles and they might deal Vick for the right deal. I assume Kafka will be sought after. Maybe backing up Rodgers???

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:23 pm

I would think the Eagles would deal a DL if anything, probably Tapp as Philip Hunt has been dominating. The Eagles also like what Trent Edwards has done in the preseason. doubt they would get much for Kafka if they decided to ditch him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Quote :
Michael Vick - QB - Eagles

According to local radio personality Howard Eskin, the Eagles are "likely" to start rookie Nick Foles against the Saints in Week 9.
Eskin is among the most plugged-in media members in Philadelphia when it comes to the Eagles and has a history of breaking big stories. He's been told Michael Vick made two bad audible mistakes in Sunday's loss to the Falcons and coach Andy Reid is leaning toward the switch because Vick is not getting any better. The coaching staff is reportedly meeting Monday to discuss the situation further.

Adios Vick!

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Gotta think they give Vick one more chance.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:40 pm

If they are going to do it, why not now? Vick had plenty of chances, if you are going to get the kid in there, may as well get him his first start against the worst defense in the league.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
If they are going to do it, why not now? Vick had plenty of chances, if you are going to get the kid in there, may as well get him his first start against the worst defense in the league.

I agree. It would make sense to get him in now, get a game under his belt, and get some film to work with before the bye week.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:25 pm

[quote="Singapore Slings"]If they are going to do it, why not now? Vick had plenty of chances, if you are going to get the kid in there, may as well get him his first start against the worst defense in the league.[/quote]

You could also use the same argument for Vick, he has played some tough defenses so far this year, he could use a game like this to get on track.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:30 pm

[quote="Utah Spazz"]
Singapore Slings wrote:
If they are going to do it, why not now? Vick had plenty of chances, if you are going to get the kid in there, may as well get him his first start against the worst defense in the league.[/quote]

You could also use the same argument for Vick, he has played some tough defenses so far this year, he could use a game like this to get on track.

Rolling Eyes

1 @Cle #25 Pass D
2 Bal #24 Pass D
3 @Ari # 4 Pass D
4 NYG #26 Pass D
5 @Pit #2 Pass D
6 Det # 9 Pass D
7 BYE
8 Atl #10 Pass D

Seems like a pretty healthy mix of crappy and good pass D teams to me. Vick has had his chances. He's not a good Quarterback. Foles time.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Talking more about the Defensive lines and Vick getting hammered game in and game out. Those first 6 games were brutal Cle, Bal, Ari, NYG, Pit, Det.

9 @NO - No DLine at all
10 Dal - nothing scary there
11 @Wash - Another pretty average DLine
12 Car - Name a DT/DE on this team?
13 @Dal - Shoot out type of game once again
14 @TB -
15 Cin
16 Was
17 NYG - Really the only scary DLine left on the schedule.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:46 pm

As soon as Andy goes to Foles I think he is signing his pink slip

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:30 pm

I think Reid must already know he's gone, unless they go on some insane run. I'm not sure I've ever heard a starting QB openly tell the media that his HC basically wants to bench him, lol. There's just no control.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 pm

I look forward to Reid getting out of that town. Bring on some Brad Childress action in Philly.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:54 am

I'm pretty sure Foles would have actually died behind that brutal OLine. I blame Vick for very little. He's had no time to throw the ball and is under constant duress.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:56 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
I'm pretty sure Foles would have actually died behind that brutal OLine. I blame Vick for very little. He's had no time to throw the ball and is under constant duress.

I blame the fans. laughing

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:05 am

Still say that Vick and, even more so, the play calling are big culprits. The O-Line is atrocious, worse than the Colts and that's hard to do. They need to rely more on McCoy and not as much on Vick. Defenses have seem to figured him out. Add in that O-Line, toast.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:33 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

the fans would do a much better job as a whole managing this team than it is currently being managed.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 am

Omega City Legends wrote:

the fans would do a much better job as a whole managing this team than it is currently being managed.

the fans would throw snowballs at themselves if they got to the Super Bowl but lost by one point and then act like they are worse than the Cleveland Browns

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:38 am

Omega City Legends wrote:

the fans would throw snowballs at themselves if they got to the Super Bowl but lost by one point and then act like they are worse than the Cleveland Browns

Hey what can we say? If you arent the best you're the worst

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Quote :
NFL sources tell The Associated Press that the Eagles have yet to discuss trading Foles and would require a first- or second-round pick to even consider it. The Philadelphia Daily News offers a similar report from its own source, maintaining that not only is the team not looking to deal Foles, but that they want to keep him.

Savvy readers may ask how the Eagles could set the price at an early-round pick if the front office has yet to even volley the idea of a Foles trade. It doesn't compute.

A more likely scenario is that the team's brass has taken note of Reid's interest and has set the asking price accordingly high. It's standard operating procedure for the Eagles, who originally set the price on Donovan McNabb at a pair of first-rounders in 2010 before settling for two lesser picks.

With the FA group and the rookies coming out... I could see Philly getting a 2nd or 3rd.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Quote :
According to the Allentown Morning Call's Jimmy Kempski, Nick Foles is "in the lead" of the Eagles' quarterback derby because Foles "outplayed" Michael Vick at OTAs and minicamp.

Analysis: Kempski acknowledges Vick's superior physical tools, but reports Foles "got the ball out quicker" at spring practices, "was generally more accurate," and put receivers in better position to rack up yards after catch. Kempski also insists Foles looks "far better" than he did last spring, even demonstrating improved velocity on intermediate and vertical throws. If Foles carries his momentum into August, the Eagles could wind up fielding far more of a traditional "pro-style" offense than anyone might've imagined from a Chip Kelly team.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Vick is on the downward slope for sure, never saw him as the starter... I would like to see Foles win the job here, I thought he showed a lot of promise last year, let him continue to develop!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Quote :
Philadelphia quarterback Nick Foles was diagnosed with a concussion and will have to follow the NFL protocol before being allowed back on the field. Analysis: Given the performance of Foles and third-stringer Matt Barkley, Michael Vick (hamstring) will likely be the favorite to start in Week 8 even if he's not 100 percent healthy.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:25 am

Quote :
Updating a previous report, Philadelphia Eagles QB Nick Foles (concussion) is expected to return to practice Tuesday, Oct. 29. He is likely to start in Week 9 against the Oakland Raiders, according to a source.
ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:40 am

Wow. He really shit the bed last night. He equaled his interception total from last year in the first few minutes of the game. Way to get it out of the way.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Foles will be fine. I don't think he'll have quite the numbers as last year but it doesn't hurt that he can make high percentage throws to the likes of McCoy and Sproles who can take it to the house at any time.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:27 pm

pray 

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:35 pm

pull it fucking together man!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:37 pm

laughing mock

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:56 am

Broken colarbone. Here comes SANCHEZ!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:02 am

Injuries have crushed me this year

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:04 pm

It's Sanchez time.

Whom will be the first to pick him up?

Pool for the correct answer? Maybe add 20 WB's if you get it right?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 pm

I already own him in the TT

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Sounds like Foles is going to be a FA next year, reports are coming out that the Eagles have "soured" on Foles and all signs look like no extension next year. I could see Sanchez doing pretty well in this system but I don't think he'll do well enough to be a long term starter.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:07 pm

Traded to the RAMS!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:02 am

Quote :
Rams gave Nick Foles a 2-year, $24.5 million extension, per league source. Foles now under contract for next 3 years at $26 million total.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:35 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Rams gave Nick Foles a 2-year, $24.5 million extension, per league source. Foles now under contract for next 3 years at $26 million total.

Now let's see if he can live up to the hype??

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:45 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :

Now let's see if he can live up to the hype??

3 years @ $26M isn't a lot of hype. There are O Lineman that make more than that. That price tag pretty much says you blow, but, we'll take a small chance.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:21 am

Right before this deal an owner offered me Foles, a 2016 2nd, and James White for a 2016 1st and a 2018 1st...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:26 pm

nono

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:31 pm

BENCHED for Case Keenum

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:37 pm

Keenum didn't attempt a single pass Sunday. Trade for Peyton?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Foles QB STL   

Back to top Go down

Nick Foles QB STL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: