Share | 

Jon Baldwin WR SF

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:05 am

chiefs

OK, opinions on this guy.

I really liked him at Pitt. I actually think Bowe signing HELPS him a ton. His matchups should be very good and he could have a break out season.

Put him on your "One to watch" list

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 am

I think for next year, if Bowe leaves and Baldwin improves, he could be a decent number one. For this year, now that Bowe is back and with the RBs out of the backfield, his value goes down.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:15 pm

I still like Steve Breaston

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:19 am

(Rotoworld)Chiefs 2011 first-round pick Jon Baldwin is working as the No. 2 receiver opposite Dwayne Bowe in training camp.

Analysis: The club signed Donnie Avery to push Baldwin, but Avery missed the spring with a high ankle sprain, and so far in camp "has had an issue with dropped passes." Injury- and drop-proneness are nothing new for Avery, giving Baldwin a chance to finally realize his potential. He's back on the radar as a WR5/6 pick

In camp, they've had Avery spending time behind the group catching tennis balls from a coach or a machine. Rookies and no names are seeing more playing time so far. I don't think Baldwin's success depends all that much on Avery's, however. If Alex Smith only plays as good as he did in San Fran but is forced to throw more, my prediction is that Baldwin becomes a worthy WR3 by mid-season. The previous playbook issues he was known for are not apparent at all in camp. He's been bouncing back and forth, playing outside left and right, and I haven't seen a single stoppage or post-play conversation with him.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:50 am

He certainly has some potential... But after being burned the last couple of seasons, I will take a wait and see approach with this guy... He needs to show it some games before he's back on my radar.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:42 am

I just assumed he had blown out his knee, ankle, and hip after shooting up a mall when I saw this thread was bumped. It hasn't been a kind off-season.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:56 am

Alex Smith hasn't been kind to wide receivers. I wonder if there will be balls for Baldwin after he checks down to the the and rbs and lobs it to bowe. That being said, I own him in several leagues. Yeah weird huh?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:49 am

He certainly is one guy I was wrong about. I was convinced he was going to explode

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Chiefs and 49ers swap headaches - hopefully a fresh start does it for these guys

(AJ Jenkins moves to chiefs)

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Indeed Ian. Very interesting.

Quote :
The Chiefs have traded Baldwin to the 49ers for A.J. Jenkins, the team's official site reports. Analysis: Clearly both teams are hoping that a change of scenery will help boost the prospects of a pair of first-round wideouts, who have yet to live up to expectations. Baldwin, who still possesses the measurables to be an impact player, now moves into a fluid receiving situation, thanks to injuries that have hit San Fransico's receiving corps. He'll need to get up to speed with the offense, but once he does, he will presumably have a chance to seize a key role with his new team.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:04 pm

I think Baldwin was closer to showing somethign on the field than Jenkins was.. while off the field baldwin is closer to a car-wreck. Seems like a good trade for both teams to give a coupel of guys a fresh start.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Yeah, just saw this. Kind of interesting to me, Baldwin gets a much better situation IMHO.

May screw my thoughts on Patton tho'.........................

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Baldwin WR SF   

Back to top Go down

Jon Baldwin WR SF
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: