HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Rashad Jennings RB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:12 am

Quote :
Rashad Jennings rushed 11 times for 62 yards and caught a five-yard pass in the Jaguars' second preseason game. Analysis: Through two exhibition contests, Jennings has 23 rushing attempts for 118 yards (5.13 YPC) playing against the first-team defenses of New Orleans and the Giants. Jennings' career yards-per-carry average is over 5.0, as well. A versatile, three-down type back, Jennings' 2012 fantasy outlook is almost solely dependent on the status of Maurice Jones-Drew (holdout). But if Jones-Drew misses any regular season time, Jennings will be an auto-RB2.

If MJD doesn't get his shit together this guy could win a lot of people their championships this year.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:31 pm

Quote :
Jennings is questionable to return to Sunday's game against the Vikings with a leg injury, the Jaguars' official site reports. Analysis: Maurice Jones-Drew has already recorded double-digit carries in the game and Jennings' injury further opens the door for MJD to resume his duties as the Jags' lead back sooner rather than later.

Welcome back MJD.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Shocker

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Quote :
Jaguars running back Rashad Jennings (leg) will have an MRI on Wednesday, but coach Mike Mularkey said on Monday that "he doesn't expect to have him available" for Sunday's game against Houston.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Quote :
Jaguars running back Rashad Jennings (knee) will miss Sunday's game against Houston.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Talk about a chance for big things going up in smoke. Relegated to back up, again. carted off

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Quote :
Jennings (knee) practiced in full Thursday, John Oehser of the team's official site reports. Analysis: Barring a setback, it sounds as though Jennings could be available Sunday against the Bengals. He'll return to a strictly backup role as Maurice Jones-Drew has once again established himself as the primary back.

I can only imagine how frustrating it is to miss such a big opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Quote :
The Giants will sign Jennings, the Star-Ledger reports. Analysis: Taking advantage of added opportunities created by Darren McFadden's injury woes, Jennings recorded 733 yards and six touchdowns on 163 rushing attempts, while adding 292 yards on 36 receptions, in 15 games for the Raiders in 2013. Jennings now gives the Giants additional running back depth -- to go along with Peyton Hillis and Michael Cox -- with Andre Brown a free agent and David Wilson bouncing back from a neck injury.

Giants backfield is a fucking disaster.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Do you mean in fantasy terms? In real life, I think this was a good signing.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Do you mean in fantasy terms? In real life, I think this was a good signing.

Yes in fantasy. Jennings, Brown, Hillis, Wilson. I don't want any of them.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:46 pm

I agree. The Giants backfield is a mess. Jennings owners just took a shot to the groin.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Quote :
Rashad Jennings' four-year deal with the Giants has a base value of $10 million. Analysis: It's below "feature back money" in this year's free agent class, as the Jaguars gave Toby Gerhart a three-year, $10.5 million deal. Jennings gets $2.98 million guaranteed with a $2.25 million signing bonus. He doesn't appear to have any guaranteed money beyond 2014. We expect Jennings to be the Giants' lead runner in 2014, but wouldn't rule out GM Jerry Reese drafting a back in May.

Poor David Wilson.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:58 am

If the Giants expect Jennings to be the lead rusher this year they're in a world of hurt. That's an indicator of how weak their team is. Adding Jennings and Manningham... That should take pressure off Manning. I see a 30int season in his future.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Knee injury. Didn't come back into the game.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:00 pm

bang head on wall

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
bang head on wall

Careful Matt, it's gonna leave a mark.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:48 pm

Please don't be out for the season. pray

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:19 pm

Damn, the Piggies took a fucking beating today: Jimmy Graham, Demeco Ryans and Rashad Jennings. Hopefully I play them next week. tongue

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:14 am

Uh oh, this will hurt me in a couple of leagues (one of em pricey) if he's out for long. Knock on wood!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Damn, the Piggies took a fucking beating today:  Jimmy Graham, Demeco Ryans and Rashad Jennings.  Hopefully I play them next week.  tongue

Boo, Hiss. ... these cannot be the words of a champion, can they?

Yeah, like you need an easier road with that fuckin' line up of yours. Man up, Buckaroo. You should fear no team at this time and should be looking for tough competition to drive home your dominance. As they say in the Canine community. If you can't run with the big dawgs, you best stay tied to the porch. You and that CSS team should certainly be off leash IMO.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:14 pm

And the value of Williams continues to rise mischevious

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:19 pm

MCL Sprain. Gonna be a few weeks at least I'm sure.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Wait, is that an Angel I see, spreading it wings above me. Halleluuuuuujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah.

A few weeks of Williams and Jennings may be the back up when he returns.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Williams is a subpar pass catcher and like most rookies he is very inconsistent with the pass blocking. Just two of the main reasons why I think it is unlikely that Williams would take the starting gig away from Jennings...

Although as Manning has gotten more accustomed to the new west coast style offense he is getting his passes out quickly, that certainly helps lessen the importance of picking up blitzes from the RB position.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Williams is a subpar pass catcher and like most rookies he is very inconsistent with the pass blocking.   Just two of the main reasons why I think it is unlikely that Williams would take the starting gig away from Jennings...    

Although as Manning has gotten more accustomed to the new west coast style offense he is getting his passes out quickly,   that certainly helps lessen the importance of picking up blitzes from the RB position.

Holy shit. You actually said "Manning" in a sentence without calling him the devil incarnate, or, at least a filthy douchebag.

Nice work!!!!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:30 pm

Manning = supreme douchebag dicklord

At this point that just goes without saying!   laughing

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:34 am

Quote :
Rashad Jennings was listed as the starting running back on the Giants' initial depth chart.
Jennings started the first three preseason games as well before rotating series evenly with Andre Williams. The Giants could have just been resting Jennings while getting Williams important snaps with the first-team offense, but the usage could also hint at a full-blown running back by committee. Jennings is a risky play even in a good matchup Week 1 against the Cowboys.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:36 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Quote :
Rashad Jennings was listed as the starting running back on the Giants' initial depth chart.
Jennings started the first three preseason games as well before rotating series evenly with Andre Williams. The Giants could have just been resting Jennings while getting Williams important snaps with the first-team offense, but the usage could also hint at a full-blown running back by committee. Jennings is a risky play even in a good matchup Week 1 against the Cowboys.

Score one for the good guys in RWTC! wink

Tom, now is the time to trade for him, otherwise I will play him against you and make you pay! ROFL

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:38 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Tom, now is the time to trade for him, otherwise I will play him against you and make you pay!  ROFL

Are we talking Jennings for Jones... wink

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:39 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Tom, now is the time to trade for him, otherwise I will play him against you and make you pay!  ROFL

Are we talking Jennings for Jones... wink

Oh it will take more than that for a starting all-world RB like Jennings. laughing

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:36 pm

Released today (along with Cruz)

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Can Perkins carry the load?

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:24 pm

He can and he will!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:49 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:

He might get the chance to but I've not seen much evidence that he'll do a good job. A lot of good RB's in this year's rookie class too.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:

Nope I don't think so. I see Perkins as a change of pace guy, nice cut - no break away speed though. Would be very worried if Giants put all their eggs in the Perkins basket.

As for Jennings, I think he is done. Should retire. Ok player, but doesn't offer anything special to any team - makes more sense to put a young guy in with upside. Think he will fade out the league now.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:58 am

No. Perkins is just a guy, not the guy. He may get the opportunity to carry it, but fall over while attempting.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:22 am

The Giants need someone to scare a defense to run play action off of in order to be successful. (read not Perkins) They only need him for the first two downs as Vereen will likely be the third down back anyway. Given the Giants other issues, I would expect Perkins to get the chance this year even if I don't think he is the guy as the Giants attempt to protect Eli a little more in the twilight of his career and give him one more shot at a ring.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:07 am

Yea, Perkins can play the 3rd down and COP role. He avg over 4.5 ypc down the stretch for the Giants, so he will have some role with them. With RB sondeep in this draft, they'll likely grab a bigger back and look to share the touches between them.

Still like what Perkins does/can do and think keeping him in the 15 touch range will be the best for his effectiveness. He'll be the pass catcher out of the back field which will continue to give him good value in PPR, especially in McAdoos offense.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:09 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
Yea, Perkins can play the 3rd down and COP role. He avg over 4.5 you down the stretch for the Giants, so he will have some role with them. With RB sondeep in this draft, they'll likely grab a bigger back and look to share the touches between them.

Still like what Perkins does/can do and think keepingbhim in the 15 touch range will be the best for his effectiveness. He'll be the pass catcher out of the back field which will continue to give him good value in PPR, especially in McAdoos offense.

Maybe down the line he could be a third down back, but I think Vereen has that role locked up next year if the Giants find a way to sign him for cheap (which they should be able to do given his age/injury status).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Jennings RB FA   

Back to top Go down

Rashad Jennings RB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: