x

Share | 

Ryan Williams RB DAL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:02 am

Quote :
Cardinals RB Ryan Williams rushed five times for 25 yards and a touchdown in his preseason debut Friday night. Analysis: Williams was playing in his first game since last preseason, when he ruptured his patellar tendon. A game-breaking back before the knee injury, Williams will be a player to keep tabs on for the rest of August. Beanie Wells is due back from his own knee injury in Arizona's fourth preseason game next week, so at that point the Cardinals' running back battle should really heat up.

Well they passing game sucks so they better hope someone steps up to run the rock.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Sat May 17, 2014 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Quote :
Cardinals RB Ryan Williams played fewer snaps than backup William Powell in Week 4. Analysis: Kevin Kolb's improvement has coincided with an increase in no-huddle looks, but Williams isn't ready to be a part of that personnel package at this point. Williams is on the field for the majority of running downs however. If he's going to have a breakout game, the Week 5 matchup is right versus a Rams run defense that surrendered 179 yards to Seattle last week. Note that Williams is averaging less than 3.0 yards per carry so far.

This is the only league I'm in that I didn't pick up Powell.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:55 am

Powell is K Smith what Williams is to LeShoure Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:00 am

Pshh Powell is the next Foster ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Quote :
Rotoworld: Ryan Williams will require surgery to repair the AC joint in his left shoulder and is done for the remainder of the season.
It's a rough blow for increasingly one of the league's most tough-luck players. Williams suffered the injury in last Thursday night's loss to the Rams. William Powell figures to be the favorite for carries in Arizona's backfield until Beanie Wells (turf toe) gets back in Week 12 or 13, although Powell is coming off a "head" injury. La'Rod Stephens-Howling and Alfonso Smith will also be in the mix for carries behind an offensive line that opens no holes. Williams will enter the 2013 season having not been a legitimately productive rusher since 2009, his redshirt freshman season at Virginia Tech. After also missing all of 2011 with a ruptured patellar tendon, Williams' long-term outlook is all sorts of cloudy.

Ouch.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Glad I went Powell.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Arizona's ground game sucks. I bet they bring in someone from another teams practice squad

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:03 pm

I was a little disappointed in Williams but I think there's still a chance he has a career. I traded for him after watching a couple of his pre-season games because I liked how he moved a lot, looked much better than Wells. I think the bottom line is though there isn't going to be anything fantasy worthy here with this Arizona offensive line. I personally won't be making a mvoe for any of the next-up ARI RB's.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:28 pm

(TheHuddle) Arizona Cardinals RB Ryan Williams (knee) will not participate in practice Monday, July 29, because of an issue with his knee. Williams will receive a second opinion on his knee.

No need for a second opinion, dude. If you're involved...it's broken.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:58 pm

(KFFL) Arizona Cardinals RB Ryan Williams (knee) continues to sit out practice and does not have a timetable for his return. He said he is dealing with irritation of the fatty pad below the patellar tendon and that rest is the only way to get rid of the irritation.

oh what might have been. carted off

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Mon May 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Cardinals waived RB Ryan Williams.

The No. 38 overall pick of the 2011 draft, injuries have limited Williams to five career appearances. He missed his entire rookie year with a ruptured right patellar tendon, and appeared in only five games as a sophomore before a shoulder injury sent him to injured reserve. He surprisingly remained on the roster for all of 2013 despite being active for zero games. Stilly only 24, Williams could earn a look on waivers from running-back needy teams, but it's quite possible he just doesn't have any juice left.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Mon May 12, 2014 3:30 pm

I'm not surprised by many things, but this surprised me. He really must not have any burst left. Ashame too, because he was very talented.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Mon May 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
I'm not surprised by many things, but this surprised me.  He really must not have any burst left.  Ashame too, because he was very talented.

he was super talented.

I"m not surprised he was waived, because he was a healthy scratch most of the past season with Arians. I'd like him to catch on with someone else, because I liked watching him in college and really thought he'd do well in teh NFL.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Mon May 12, 2014 5:00 pm

The most surprising thing about Williams is that they carried him this long. Never saw the field.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   Sat May 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Quote :
(RotoWire)Williams signed with Dallas on Saturday, Baltimore Sun writer Aaron Wilson reports.
Quote :
Quote :
Analysis: Williams evidently looked good in his Saturday workout with the Cowboys, as they added him to the roster shortly afterward. The former second-round pick out of Virginia Tech looked like a talented player before suffering a patellar tendon tear in 2011, but his durability and effectiveness have been badly compromised since. He was a healthy scratch for all of last year, which isn't an encouraging sign, but Dallas doesn't have much running back depth aside from DeMarco Murray and Lance Dunbar. Joseph Randle was not effective as a rookie fifth-round pick last year.

Interesting...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Williams RB DAL   

Back to top Go down

Ryan Williams RB DAL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: