x

Share | 

Cecil Shorts WR TB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:54 am

Quote :
Shorts finished Friday's preseason win with two catches for 10 yards, one touchdown, one rush for nine yards and a lost fumble. Analysis: Shorts displayed the chemistry with Blaine Gabbert that we've been hearing about throughout much of the offseason as the two connected on a well-placed ball in the endzone on the Jags' opening drive. Shorts later fumbled on an end-around and will probably struggle early on as he continues to put it all together, but he's almost assuredly a roster lock at this point and could become an integral part of the passing game as the season progresses.

If you're a believer in Blaine then this is a guy to watch.  Besides the strip fumble he really looked good.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Quote :
Shorts (concussion) was not at Friday's practice, Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union reports. Analysis: Shorts was unable to practice this week, so it's unlikely that he will take the field Sunday against the Jets. Shorts' official status will be announced later Friday.

I know he helped a lot of teams out there.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Quote :
Cecil Shorts has been a standout at Jaguars OTAs. Analysis: This isn't a surprise to anyone that has watched Shorts' 2012 tape. An extremely crisp route-runner with serious juice after the catch, the 2011 fourth-round pick is a diamond in the rough for the Jags. If he can get even mediocre play out of the quarterback position, a top-20 fantasy season is within reach. Shorts will work out with Larry Fitzgerald in Minneapolis once again later this summer.

Here's a guy I just refuse to buy and may regret it. I do not trust anyone on the Jags O.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Cecil Shorts has been a standout at Jaguars OTAs. Analysis: This isn't a surprise to anyone that has watched Shorts' 2012 tape. An extremely crisp route-runner with serious juice after the catch, the 2011 fourth-round pick is a diamond in the rough for the Jags. If he can get even mediocre play out of the quarterback position, a top-20 fantasy season is within reach. Shorts will work out with Larry Fitzgerald in Minneapolis once again later this summer.

Here's a guy I just refuse to buy and may regret it. I do not trust anyone on the Jags O.

Your loss. Kid's got it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Quote :

Your loss. Kid's got it.

Yeah but he can't throw himself the ball. Look at Fitz.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:43 pm

One more year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:44 pm

One more year.

The Jaguars would have drafted Leaf over Peyton. I refuse to have any kind of faith in that organization.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:07 pm

London Jaguars baby!

Shorts rocks!!!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:30 pm

One more year.

The Jaguars would have drafted Leaf over Peyton. I refuse to have any kind of faith in that organization.

But the Wrath of Khan has a sweet Mustache

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
One more year.

But the Wrath of Khan has a sweet Mustache

He does and he might turn it around but I haven't seen anything so far that has impressed me outside of them NOT reaching for a QB in the draft.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:35 pm

I love Shorts, I want to buy him in every league (Jon how much do you want for him?)

The guy played 14 games last year in his second NFL season and put up a 55/979/7 statline with Gabbert/Henne at QB. The time to buy him is now in all Dynasty formats, just imagine what his stat line will be once they draft a QB in next years talent loaded draft

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:17 am

Wanna hear something funny about Shorts... Apparently in one of my leagues, I traded for him at the end of last season but have absolutely no recolection of the trade. I was looking over the roster in that league because the draft was coming up this weekend and boom... There he was on my roster. Needless to say, pretty shocked lol.

When I went back and look at the transactions, turns out I gave up the 1.10 pick in this years rookie draft and 10 bucks for him. What a steal! lol

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Quote :
Jaguars receiver Cecil Shorts, already dealing with a groin injury, suffered a shoulder injury in the first quarter against Denver. Analysis: He is not expected to return. Shorts is the NFL's most targeted player over the first five week.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:32 pm

furious no! 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:21 am

Update:

Quote :
Shorts (shoulder) may have suffered a fractured rib in Sunday's game against the Broncos and will have a CT scan Monday, ESPN's Josina Anderson reports. Analysis: Shorts left Sunday's game with what was diagnosed as a sprained shoulder. There are concerns he may also have suffered a fractured rib as he has some discomfort near his sternum. He will be evaluated Monday and his status for Week 7 should become more clear.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Quote :
Jacksonville Jaguars WR Cecil Shorts (hamstring) will travel with the team for their Week 2 game but is still considered doubtful for the game.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Out.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Two year deal with the Texans.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:54 pm

I hope the are getting a bed ready in the training room

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:55 pm

Cecil does well when healthy, but this doesnt move him up or down my rankings. He is still like 104th WR on my list. laughing

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:48 pm

This just in:

Cecil Shorts ruptures both hamstrings getting up from the chair he was sitting in while signing his new deal. He immediately tried to grab the hamstrings that were dangling from his legs and both shoulders fell out of socket.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Quote :
Texans WR Cecil Shorts agreed to a $1 million pay cut. His base salary was slashed from $2.7 million to $1.2 million, but he can earn $500,000 of the cut back via a roster bonus. The only veteran on the depth chart behind DeAndre Hopkins, Shorts likely ensured his spot on the roster by accepting the pay cut. He will try to hold off first-rounder Will Fuller and sophomore Jaelen Strong for the No. 2 job.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:03 pm

Paycut?!?!?! Guess old Cecil won't be buying any new Shorts anytime soon. His future shopping will have to be done with Randle Sticky Fingers Joseph, the great underwear thief extraordinaire.

wink

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Quote :
Houston's wide receiver depth chart just got a bit more clear as they released Shorts on Saturday. The Texans will likely start the season with DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller on the outside with Braxton Miller and Jaelen Strong vying for the No. 3 and No. 4 spots on the depth chart. Keith Mumphery will likely have a roster spot upon Strong's release.

Toast.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:43 am

Quote :
Shorts' stay as a free agent didn't last long as the Buccaneers signed the wideout on Tuesday. Shorts could step into the starting slot receiver spot on the team over an unproven Adam Humpheries and have an instant Week 1 role. Shorts had success in his five-year career in the NFL. Aside from his rookie year in 2011, he strung together four consecutive seasons of over 40 receptions including a 66 catch year in 2013 as a member of the Jaguars. Shorts does not have value right now but monitor his production and role as the season progresses as he can become a solid bye week/ injury replacement on a fantasy team.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:10 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Shorts' stay as a free agent didn't last long as the REDKNIGHTS signed the wideout on TuesdayWednesday. Shorts could step into the starting slot receiver spot on the team over an unproven Adam Humpheries and have an instant Week 1 role. Shorts had success in his five-year career in the NFL. Aside from his rookie year in 2011, he strung together four consecutive seasons of over 40 receptions including a 66 catch year in 2013 as a member of the Jaguars. Shorts does not have value right now but monitor his production and role as the season progresses as he can become a solid bye week/ injury replacement on a fantasy team.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:12 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Shorts' stay as a free agent didn't last long as the REDKNIGHTS signed the wideout on TuesdayWednesday. Shorts could step into the starting slot receiver spot on the team over an unproven Adam Humpheries and have an instant Week 1 role. Shorts had success in his five-year career in the NFL. Aside from his rookie year in 2011, he strung together four consecutive seasons of over 40 receptions including a 66 catch year in 2013 as a member of the Jaguars. Shorts does not have value right now but monitor his production and role as the season progresses as he can become a solid bye week/ injury replacement on a fantasy team.

I am shocked.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:06 am

Par for the course Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cecil Shorts WR TB   

Back to top Go down

Cecil Shorts WR TB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1