HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Martellus Bennett TE GB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:06 am

I thinks Gronks numbers will go down some and the RB's yards and rec will go down. Plenty of catches to go around for Bennett.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:23 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I thinks Gronks numbers will go down some and the RB's yards and rec will go down. Plenty of catches to go around for Bennett.

See, I think this might be a stretch, but Amendola is rumored to be gone. That'll be the 3 players I discussed before that will be out of the picture. Who is the one that fills those stats? If it isn't going to be Bennett, than it must be Hogan that people believe will have a huge year.

Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:06 pm

I have much higher expectations/hopes for Hogan than Bennett but right now its all speculation until we see how the roster shakes out.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Ever since Hernadez's departure, fantasy players and pundits alike have overvalued every #2 TE that NE has signed since then... Bennett is decent but I am not sure I can see him puttin up top 5 TE #'s... top 12 is doable, I can see him as a low end TE1 with Gronk maintaining his current high end TE1 status.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Yeah, one thing is for sure. The only way Gronk loses value is if he is out injured.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:40 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Ever since Hernadez's departure,   fantasy players and pundits alike have overvalued every #2 TE that NE has signed since then...   Bennett is decent but I am not sure I can see him puttin up top 5 TE #'s...   top 12 is doable,  I can see him as a low end TE1 with Gronk maintaining his current high end TE1 status.

Before Hernandez went to prison, it was still insufferable because every other team's #1/#2 were compared to Gronk/Hernandez.  It was so brutal to listen to...fuckin FBG's every other day were saying shit like "team is probably gonna use player the same way New England uses Aaron Hernandez" blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:14 am

Rotoworld wrote:
Per reporter Dan Wiederer, Bennett offered "minimal effort to conform to the unselfish and focus-driven culture" the Bears are trying to instill under coach John Fox. Wiederer also confirms Bennett's late season ribs injury, which landed him on injured reserve for four games, was essentially a sham. In the end, the sides' divorce boiled down to the fact that Bennett wanted a better contract and the Bears were dead set against it. So is life for a player in a league where teams monopolize the negotiating power with non-guaranteed deals.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:19 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Per reporter Dan Wiederer, Bennett offered "minimal effort to conform to the unselfish and focus-driven culture" the Bears are trying to instill under coach John Fox. Wiederer also confirms Bennett's late season ribs injury, which landed him on injured reserve for four games, was essentially a sham. In the end, the sides' divorce boiled down to the fact that Bennett wanted a better contract and the Bears were dead set against it. So is life for a player in a league where teams monopolize the negotiating power with non-guaranteed deals.

Boo fucking hoo... A selfish player who gives minimal effort and fakes injuries to get out of playing has the audacity to demand a better contract with millions of dollars guaranteed! I don't know about you guys but if I tried any of that shit at my job, I wouldn't have one anymore!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:47 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:

Boo fucking hoo...   A selfish player who gives minimal effort and fakes injuries to get out of playing  has the audacity to demand a better contract with millions of dollars guaranteed!    I don't know about you guys but if I tried any of that shit at my job,  I wouldn't have one anymore!

high five

Bennett is overrated and this article sums up WHY to me. If conditions "are just right" then he can perform at a high level. Great. A really good football player doesn't need everything to be just perfect in order to get the job done. Hard to respect a guy like that...wonder what his teammates think of his shit....

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Good signing.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Good luck NE with this overrated head case.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:27 pm

He is a complete fucking tool... No doubt... But I think the Patriot Way will tame him for a season and some idiot will give him a big contract in 2017.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:12 am

No Gronk for the opener... It's going to be Bennett all game long.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:33 am

Yeah but Jimmy G is throwing the ball behind one of the worst O-Lines ever right now. I can't get excited about that.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:31 pm

Bennett to the Packers. Gross!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:04 pm

Did not expect this. That a boy Teddy. LOVE THIS MOVE

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Well at least they don't have to rely on shitty Cook.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:15 pm

This is so new. An offseason of getting excited about a new Packers TE. He's going to have Aaron Rodgers! He'll DEFINITELY be amazing!!!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
This is so new.  An offseason of getting excited about a new Packers TE.  He's going to have Aaron Rodgers!  He'll DEFINITELY be amazing!!!

I hope so! I got him in a trade a week ago with the hopes he'd go to a favorable team. Rodgers is great, but the Pack haven't had a Top 10 TE in a while. It could be due to lack of talent or due to the way they use them.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Excited. Very excited.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:46 pm

It's a good spot for Bennett - should do well in Green Bay.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 am

Upgrade over Cook for sure. I like it for Marty too

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue May 30, 2017 8:39 am

Quote :
Green Bay Packers TE Martellus Bennett has made it a priority to get to know QB Aaron Rodgers this offseason. Bennett said he's had a lot of conversations with his new quarterback and has really made an effort to simply befriend Rodgers. "I'm just trying to do my job, make sure I can keep up with [my teammates], Bennett said. "They've been doing a good job for so long, I'm just trying to get in where I fit in right now."

It's crazy how much a decent TE like Bennett bounces around. Chicago, New York Giants, Patriots, and now the Packers in just a few years. I bet Cook is kicking himself over not taking that initial deal he was offered by GB. Whoops.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue May 30, 2017 8:56 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Green Bay Packers TE Martellus Bennett has made it a priority to get to know QB Aaron Rodgers this offseason. Bennett said he's had a lot of conversations with his new quarterback and has really made an effort to simply befriend Rodgers. "I'm just trying to do my job, make sure I can keep up with [my teammates], Bennett said. "They've been doing a good job for so long, I'm just trying to get in where I fit in right now."

It's crazy how much a decent TE like Bennett bounces around.  Chicago, New York Giants, Patriots, and now the Packers in just a few years.  I bet Cook is kicking himself over not taking that initial deal he was offered by GB.  Whoops.  

Yeah, I liked Cook a lot, but man did his agent fuck him over. Unicorn is sitting in a good boat right now.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue May 30, 2017 1:53 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :

It's crazy how much a decent TE like Bennett bounces around.  Chicago, New York Giants, Patriots, and now the Packers in just a few years.  I bet Cook is kicking himself over not taking that initial deal he was offered by GB.  Whoops.  

It's not usually good players that bounce around from team to team. Strange career he has had so far - he was drafted by the Cowboys and never topped 300 yards in 4 years.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue May 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:

It's not usually good players that bounce around from team to team. Strange career he has had so far - he was drafted by the Cowboys and never topped 300 yards in 4 years.

That means nothing, and the Cowboys did not use him correctly, and Witten was their focal point. He never topped 33 catches there and had 4TD's in 4 years, and since his worse season is 53 balls. He is a good player, an above average blocker, and in a good offense. Just a really different character.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue May 30, 2017 2:10 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:

That means nothing, and the Cowboys did not use him correctly, and Witten was their focal point. He never topped 33 catches there and had 4TD's in 4 years, and since his worse season is 53 balls. He is a good player, an above average blocker, and in a good offense. Just a really different character.

That post was worded weirdly reading it back now. I meant that he was the unique exception (or unicorn if you like tongue) in that he is a good player. I was also commenting on how poorly he was used as a Cowboy.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue May 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:

That post was worded weirdly reading it back now. I meant that he was the unique exception (or unicorn if you like tongue) in that he is a good player. I was also commenting on how poorly he was used as a Cowboy.

Well, that is because the Cowboys suck. laughing

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue May 30, 2017 2:17 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:

Well, that is because the Cowboys suck. laughing

Amen, brother. high five

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue May 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Ugh. Cowboys. Trash tier team.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:55 am

Love this quote he made as to pressure from NEP fans on wanting to stay, but take less $$ to do so,
To that, Bennett had this to say: “Stop @’ing me about taking less money. You take less money [at] your job? All of you take a pay cut hahaha.”

Later, he said this: “All I’m saying is cut your own grass don’t be all in my garden f–king with my fruit while weeds are growing all over yours.”"

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:56 am

He is a weird dude, but it is refreshing sometimes. Not a bad dude, just odd.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:30 am

Response to being a "down grade" from Cook in GB; "I'm not a downgrade from anyone," Bennett said on Good Morning Football. "I'm like Beyonce, let me upgrade you baby."

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fgood-morning-football%2F0ap3000000817727%2FMartellus-Bennett-I-m-not-a-downgrade-from-anyone

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:04 am

I follow this dude on Twitter, he is F'n hilarious.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:26 am

Not a fan but he fucking destroys Cook.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:45 am

Sleeps in locker room as he got there late to training camp....great sense of humor...http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000822263/article/martellus-bennett-forced-to-sleep-in-locker-room

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:29 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Good luck NE with this overrated head case.

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:30 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Excited. Very excited.

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

How quick the opinions change? laughing

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:20 am

Yeah, he is an strange cat. I am not sure he is all right in the head, but if he can take attention through the seem it will open up more options for Jordy, Davante and Cobb everything works out. I love his blocking. I still would not want him for fantasy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   

Back to top Go down

Martellus Bennett TE GB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: