HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Martellus Bennett TE GB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:14 pm

He looked great tonight.  Fantastic hands and great blocking.  Great pickup by the Giants.  His TD was pretty awesome.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Tue May 30, 2017 8:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:38 am

Quote :
(Rotoworld) Giants TE Martellus Bennett is back down to 269 pounds after ballooning to 291 in the offseason. Analysis: That's near the weight Bennett played at in Dallas. Although Bennett compared himself to Greek god Atlas in his bulked-up state, it was clearly a situation that didn't fly with the coaching staff. Set to open the year as a starter, Bennett has TE2 upside in a Giants offense that likes to target its tight ends. He has four catches for 34 yards through two preseason games.

Gunna be a stud

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:20 am

Bennett and Stud --> not likely. Just another TE in that Giants offense, at best he is a bye week fill in

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:33 am

He could probably get points here and there but not going to buy the stud thing

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:09 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:
He could probably get points here and there but not going to buy the stud thing

good post

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:01 am

Quote :
Giants tight end Martellis Bennett had a nice night against his former team Wednesday in New York's season opener against Dallas. Analysis: Bennett caught four passes for 40 yards and snared a fourth-quarter TD pass. The Giants are looking for a third option in the passing game with Mario Manningham gone, and Bennett filled that void Wednesday. The tight end is a big target and he has a good shot to catch 8-10 TD passes.

He looked really solid yesterday.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Quote :
After hyperextending his left knee in Week 5 against the Browns, Martellus Bennett returned to the field to focus on run blocking. Analysis: "Most people don't go back in, but to be an elite player on a team in this league, you have to play through injuries," explained a maturing Bennett. "Ahmad (Bradshaw) is like, `I need you out there blocking.' So I just tried to come through and do the best I can." Bennett finished with 30 yards on three receptions. Keep an eye on Bennett's practice workloads during the coming week.

I find myself wondering if he would have went back out if he were playing for Dallas still.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Quote :
The Blue Ninja? New York Giants tight end Martellus Bennett is worthy of such a nickname after pulling off a superhero feat Sunday night.

Bennett caught a fan who was falling from the MetLife Stadium stands following the Giants’ 38-10 victory over the Green Bay Packers. Bennett was on his way to the locker room when he saw the man topple over a railing about 15 feet from the ground.

THE BLACK UNICORN STRIKES AGAIN! I love this guy.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-26/martellus-bennett-catches-fan-fell-from-stands-giants-metlife-stadium?ncid=webmail23

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Wow...

Quote :
"I was doing what I usually do, moseying to the locker room and meandering around," Bennett said, according to USA Today. "Naturally, I just wanted to step back, but I did the righteous thing and I stepped up. I caught him, I saved his life. I tapped into my inner superhero, which I do have.”

Adding to the danger: Bennett had to make the catch barehanded on a cold night in the Meadowlands. He was throwing his gloves into the stands. (Based on his 39 catches in 11 games this season, and no TDs in his last eight games, the gloves possess no superpowers.)
Martellus Bennett said his "Spidey-sense" alerted him to a potential problem in the stands. (AP Photo)

Bennett, a comic book enthusiast, told USA Today that he could see the scene unfolding.

"I'm usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life,” Bennett said.

The fan’s night did not have a storybook ending, however. New Jersey State Police led him away and booked him on undisclosed charges.

Once the fan sorts out his legal issues, he might want to express his gratitude. Bennett has a couple of suggestions.

“He owes me his firstborn or something. Actually, I don't want that. Maybe a sandwich or something," Bennett told USA Today.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Give the man a sandwich! I don't know why you reposted the story I posted ya jerk.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Holy fucking shit ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:46 pm

oh wow

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:37 am

Quote :
While the New York Giants want impending free-agent TE Martellus Bennett back, they will not get into a bidding war with another suitor. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reportedly hot on Bennett's trail if he hits the open market. Analysis: The Bucs' interest makes sense, as their OC is former Giants' quarterbacks coach Mike Sullivan. If the Giants don't retain Bennett, they could be a first-round suitor for Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert.

I'd be really sad to see him go. Guy is a nut. Love him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Quote :
@MikeClayNFL BREAKING: Former Giants TE Martellus Bennett has informed me that he will sign with the Chicago Bears tonight.

I'm very sad.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:20 pm

I have no idea if this is better/worse fantasy wise. I own him in 2 leagues and have an open RFA auction in this one...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I have no idea if this is better/worse fantasy wise. I own him in 2 leagues and have an open RFA auction in this one...

Ugh, same here Mike, only it's 4 leagues.

Although, he could do very well here. The Bears needed a solid TE, so I think they will use him a lot.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:

Went from being the #1 TE with Eli Manning throwing the ball to the #1 TE with Cutler throwing the ball.

Seems like a drop in value to me. You could argue that there are less options in Chicago but I think they'll need him to block much more often than the Giants did. He's an incredible blocker.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:24 pm

the bears didnt sign him to be a blocker - that already a couple of those guys

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:28 pm

eroc11 wrote:
the bears didnt sign him to be a blocker - that already a couple of those guys

They certainly don't do a very good job.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Went from being the #1 TE with Eli Manning throwing the ball to the #1 TE with Cutler throwing the ball.

Seems like a drop in value to me. You could argue that there are less options in Chicago but I think they'll need him to block much more often than the Giants did. He's an incredible blocker.

this is my main concern.

the Bears obviously need another target to step up, whether that's Jeffrey or Bennett or a combination of both, we'll see, but the blocking may hurt him.

I wish Hamilton had a better pick than 2.12, lol.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:50 pm

wow good for the bears.. could go either way for Bennett

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:51 pm

I bet he will be great. Just like Greg Ohlson was with Cutler.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:59 am

Quote :
Bennett being interviews on NFL network and they asked about not being resigned to the Giants. He basically said he wanted to be with the Giants, but as free agency moved forward it was obvious that they were signing other players and waiting to see what they might have left over to be able to sign him.

He said it is like if you want to go to the prom with the hottest girl but she wont say yes, and then there is another cute girl interested. If you wait too long for the prettiest girl and she doesn't want to go with you, you might end up going to the prom alone.

He also spoke highly of Eli, both as a leader and his passing skills.

ROTFLMAO

I love this man.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Rotoworld) Martellus Bennett downplayed his zero targets through 26 preseason snaps. Analysis: "We'll take it up a notch," Bennett said. "We're not even showing our full hand right now. It's a poker game right now. We have the advantage not showing our hand so nobody knows what our offense is." Bennett's prowess as a blocker could actually hurt him as the Bears go all-out to finally protect Jay Cutler. He'll end up getting his share of targets, but there's more upside in guys like Jermichael Finley and Jordan Cameron.

you are going to be a blocker Mikey

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:45 pm

"We'll take it up a notch"....???....LOL Really dude?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:49 pm

That article from Rotoworld just sealed Rotoworld's fate in my eyes... Jermichael Finley has more upside? Get the fuck out of here. Finley doesn't even have more upside than that idiot the Bears had last year at tight end, Kellen Davis was in name I think.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Quote :
Chicago Bears TE Martellus Bennett (shoulder) left the locker room with ice on his right shoulder following the Week 2 game. He said it might be an issue this week. Analysis: He played well after he was injured, catching the game-winning touchdown to boot. Monitor his situation this week, though. Danny Amendola played through his injury and now could be out for a while.
He certainly didn't let his owners down this week!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Quote :
Chicago tight end Martellus Bennett has been fined and suspended by the Bears for "conduct detrimental to the team."
Analysis: We don't know for how long, but it appears to be the result of an altercation with rookie Kyle Fuller at Monday's practice. He remains a low-end TE1, unless these problems continue.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:16 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bears are "entertaining trade offers" for TE Martellus Bennett.

Bennett is entering the third year of a four-year, $20.4 million contract and wants a new deal. With a new regime in Chicago, the Bears are probably at least open to the idea of saving some money and acquiring more picks in the draft with Bennett coming off a career season in which he posted a 90-916-6 line. The "Black Unicorn" led all tight ends in targets with 125. He just turned 28.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:16 pm

I dont care if he stays or goes........no attachment to this guy

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:37 pm

You could do worse than have Cuntler (I meant it) as your QB. You know he's going to try and force the ball your way at least a handful of times each game. If I'm Chicago I don't restructure shit, if you don't want to play under your current contract go bag groceries somewhere.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Only the Bears could look to trade their best TE in years and get what will likely be a mediocre mid level pick like a 3rd rounder in return, in a mediocre draft class. I thought they hired a new regime? Why the fuck are they using the same broken ass play book? Serenity now, Serenity now.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:27 pm

If they trade him the thud you hear will be his value hitting the bottom of the well.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
If they trade him the thud you hear will be his value hitting the bottom of the well.

I don't see Bennett's value going thud, unless he ends up in say Cleveland ... it could actually stay level or go up if he was to go say the Ravens as suggested.

Only thing that would truly go "thud" is me hitting my self in the ehad with my shoe ala... Mr Spicoli.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:44 am

They better not trade him!!  I traded for him because I thought he was going to do awesome now that BMarsh is gone...........

I agree if he is traded to a team with a subpar QB, his value will fall dramatically

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Quote :
Patriots acquired TE Martellus Bennett from the Bears in exchange for draft pick compensation.

The teams are swapping mid-to-late round picks. Chicago shopped Bennett all offseason and finally found a taker in New England. It's essentially a one-year flyer for the Patriots, who take on Bennett's entire $5.1 million salary. Bennett gives Bill Belichick a complement to Rob Gronkowski for the first time since Aaron Hernandez. His addition reduces Danny Amendola's role, with the Patriots likely moving to more TE heavy sets. Bennett struggled with injuries and showed signs of decline last year, but is a strong bounce-back candidate in New England.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Patriots love them some "tight" wink ends...Should be a good add to the system.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:39 pm

My newly acquired TE just got better lol3

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:49 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Patriots love them some "tight" wink  ends...Should be a good add to the system.

I like tight ends.

Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:40 pm

I actually don't like this for Martellus. He is a starting caliber player but now he is gonna be in the Scott Chandler role? I think this decreases his value and helps boost Gronks value.

Weird signing all around in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:00 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

I like tight ends.

laughing

Here's a pretty good one for you:

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:10 pm

At first I wasn't sure I like this trade for Bennett, but now that I think about it, I kinda like it. He will now go to a team with a better QB, and lineup across from the best TE in all of football in Gronk! Good move for the Pats here

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:16 pm

I'm wondering where the targets will go. Someone has to lose value, Bennett or Edelman, it isn't going to be Gronk.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:38 pm

The fantasy "pros" are talking like Bennett is going to be garbage. There's plenty of action for everyone involved.

Amendola, LaFell and Chandler combined for 125/1422/7. I think Bennett can take a large piece of that pie. I wouldn't be shocked to see him flirt with 10 TDs if defenses are focused on Gronk.

Gronk had 72 /1176/11. I don't think it is too far fetched to think Bennett can't achieve similar numbers.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:01 am

Yeah, fuck WRs and every down will be with 2 pass-catching TE's.

Bennett has shown he can do it before and should fit well.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:49 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I'm wondering where the targets will go. Someone has to lose value, Bennett or Edelman, it isn't going to be Gronk.

This is where Im at. While its possible all 3 could have decent seasons if Brady puts up the #s we have seen from in the past, at 38-39, Im not sure he can support 3 pass catchers like that anymore.

I think its a better real football move than fantasy football move.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:28 am

I could see 70/750/7TD's, I'd be fine with that out of my TE. Those are easily achievable numbers, 4-5 recs and 50yds per game. Those numbers would easily make him a Top 10 TE, maybe even Top 5. That would put him in that 220pt range for the season.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:36 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I could see 70/750/7TD's, I'd be fine with that out of my TE. Those are easily achievable numbers, 4-5 recs and 50yds per game. Those numbers would easily make him a Top 10 TE, maybe even Top 5. That would put him in that 220pt range for the season.

I haven't looked, but have 2 TEs ever put up numbers like that? I mean, during the serial murderers time in NE, were they both Top5?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:38 am

His 2013 numbers that ranked him 10th: 65/759/5. From the sounds of it, most are saying those numbers are unattainable.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:39 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

I haven't looked, but have 2 TEs ever put up numbers like that?   I mean, during the serial murderers time in NE, were they both Top5?

2011: 79/910/7

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martellus Bennett TE GB   

Back to top Go down

Martellus Bennett TE GB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: