David Wilson RB RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:13 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Ridley comes to mind.

Yeah but that fucker got plenty of run to show he was capable beforehand....still weird that it seemed to take so little to get punted but Wilson never even got going and Coughlin yanked the rug out from under him. Coughlin is a good coach but I think he was really wrong in doing it that way.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:11 pm

I don't see Wilson taking the lead role here... He is fragile, coming off a serious injury and still hasn't shown that he can pass proect or hold on to the ball. Jennings will be the guy in NY and they will ease Wilson back into things slowly. He fits the role of a change of pace guy better than the top dog anyhow...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 pm

I don't know about that...not sure he has had an opportunity to show one way or the other. If he is hot then not sure how you only use him to spell a dingleberry like Jennings.

Quote :
(KFFL)New York Giants RB David Wilson (neck) was making quick cuts and looked like one of the most athletic players on the field Tuesday, July 22, according to Dan Salomone of Giants.com.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:41 am

It's pretty easy to look quick and athletic, making cuts and a ziggin' and a zaggin' when nobody is hitting you. When this glass Joe slaps on the pads and takes a few licks with his wonky neck then maybe I'll take notice. Nah, who am I kiddin', this dood is a wash out. Clean up isle 6.  tongue 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 am

Well he doesn't have much competition in front of him so I think his neck is the only thing that can stop him unless Coughlin just loves Mr. Mediocre (Jennings)

I would start Wilson and whatever happens happens but it's the only scenario that COULD be big if you ask me. Everyone else on the team is a "I hope it can get us by" type of situation.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:53 am

I think Jennings is better than you seem to think he is Andy... but the big thing is while being a solid runner, he is a good pass blocker and generally has good ball security and those were the two biggest reasons Coughlin didn't trust Wilson to be the every down back, it wasn't just becuase of the neck, he was put in a secondary role last year before he got hurt...

Right now it looks like Wilson is 4th or 5th on the depth chart behind Jennings, Hillis, and the rookie Williams (and possibly Cox depending on which chart you look at).... Now if he is healthy and stays healthy he will certainly move up to the #3 or even #2 spot during camp, but I think the Giants are set to go into the season with Jennings as the workhorse... I think the best case scenario for 2014 (barring injuries) is a RBBC with a roughly 50/50 split of the carries...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:40 pm

LOL @ him being 4th or 5th on the depth chart...only in stupidville.

If Jennings was worth a piss he would have much more to hang his hat on than a decent 1 season output considering how long he has been around.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:06 pm

That is where the team has him listed on their depth chart coming into camp, whether you agree or not is of no importance... I am sure a big part of that was not knowing if or when he would be cleared to play, so I am sure he will move up the chart fairly quickly now that he was cleared.

But, the lead back spot is not sitting there waiting for him, barring injury to Jennings, Wilson will be a change of pace back or part of a committee. When you fumble the ball you can't be trusted and when you can't pick up blitzes you aren't capable of playing all 3 downs. And when you are potentially one hit away from your career being over, you have a long to go to establish getting any significant amount of carries. That is the reality, for the Giants it is all about real football, it has nothing to do with what his fantasy ceiling may or may not be.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld)David Wilson opened Giants camp as the second-team tailback.

Analysis: He was quickly installed directly behind Rashad Jennings, and ahead of Peyton Hills and rookie Andre Williams. Per the Giants' website, Wilson "looked dynamic as ever" in practice, "making cuts like his old self and still looks like one of the most athletic players on the field." Only 23, Wilson has mouth-watering god-given gifts but football-playing deficiencies have removed him from the equation to start. He'll likely be a change-of-pace back this season.

So much for him being 4th or 5th...LOL.

He may be a change of pace back until people figure out Jennings is only alright and Wilson could do much more if he is just let loose.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Quote :

Analysis: He was quickly installed directly behind Rashad Jennings, and ahead of Peyton Hills and rookie Andre Williams. Per the Giants' website, Wilson "looked dynamic as ever" in practice, "making cuts like his old self and still looks like one of the most athletic players on the field." Only 23, Wilson has mouth-watering god-given gifts but football-playing deficiencies have removed him from the equation to start. He'll likely be a change-of-pace back this season.

He may be a change of pace back until people figure out Jennings is only alright and Wilson could do much more if he is just let loose.

"football playing deficiencies"  rofl 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Quote :

"football playing deficiencies"     rofl 

ROTFLMAO  I read that and thought "oh, they mean Tom Coughlin"....  cheers 

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Glad to see he's been cleared but might have been better if he hadn't been.

Every time he gets hit, people are gonna worry...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:01 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Glad to see he's been cleared but might have been better if he hadn't been.

Every time he gets hit, people are gonna worry...

Wonder how his mother or father feels? I know if it was my son I would not have been in favor of him continuing... You just don't know, he might be fine, but he could really mess himself up too... is it really worth your future health or possibly even your life?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Maybe his doctors are saying he is fine...I haven't heard anything about that aspect and I am betting we would hear nothing but that if it were a real threat.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:23 pm

Maybe his doctors are saying he is fine...I haven't heard anything about that aspect and I am betting we would hear nothing but that if it were a real threat.

He has spinal stenosis... It was and still is potentially career threatening. It can be treated and obviously Wilson has been cleared to play... but that doesn't mean it isn't susceptible to re-injury and anything to do with the neck has major ramifications on ones future...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:27 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

He has spinal stenosis...  It was and still is potentially career threatening.  It can be treated and obviously Wilson has been cleared to play...  but that doesn't mean it isn't susceptible to re-injury and anything to do with the neck has major ramifications on ones future...

I understand but if it were even kind of a concern, why hasn't our sensationalist media grabbed onto that facet with both hands and run with it? I mean that's what they do so I am confused. Either they are asleep at the wheel on this one or for some reason that isn't much of a concern in this case?

"If the glove don't fit, you must acquit"  unsure 

shrug 

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:49 pm

David Wilson left Tuesday's training camp practice early with a neck burner.

A "burner" or "stinger" is an injury to the nerves in the neck or shoulder that produce a stinging sensation. Obviously, with Wilson, this is a major concern and not something to take lightly. Following practice, coach Tom Coughlin said "we were all praying" Wilson wouldn't suffer any setbacks. This qualifies as one. Recovery time can range, but WIlson won't be cleared to return until he's experiencing zero neck pain. We'll update Wilson when the Giants do.

no 

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Rolling Eyes Not good.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:51 pm

I am also surprised that this isnt a bigger story.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:51 pm

At least he didn't fumble.....

...too soon?  :happy: 

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:42 pm

I didn't dive deep into these medical details, but I am dumbfounded that he was cleared for contact when some simple contact would give him neck nerve pain/problems. What is the point of clearing someone for contact?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:31 pm

He has spinal stenosis... while he is "recovered' that doesn't make the initial injury completely irrelevant! To already be having related neck issues is not a good thing at all.... Every time he steps on the field he is risking his career and future health...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:17 am

Really gonna be bummed out if this neck issue is gonna prevent us from ever seeing a real effort from him with the Giants. Health first though.  unsure 

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:03 am

Neck Stinger, ... I'd say shocking, but it isn't.

David Wilson ---->

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:09 am

i'm hearing he's fine - back to practice next week

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
i'm hearing he's fine - back to practice next week

I just read this an hour and a half ago.

A source tells NJ.com that David Wilson (neck) "needs a miracle" to return to the field.
Wilson sustained a burner during Tuesday's practice, just a few months after undergoing spinal fusion surgery. His NFL career is now in serious jeopardy. The Giants are not expecting Wilson to get good news when he meets with his surgeon on Monday, leaving them with Andre Williams, Peyton Hillis and Michael Cox behind starter Rashad Jennings.
Source: NJ.com Jul 31 - 10:29 AM

Either way, I don't see him making it beyond this year. If this doesn't end him, another hit will. Clock is ticking IMO.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:48 pm

"Giants RB David Wilson (neck) tweeted he passed all his physical examinations and was "fine."
Wilson left practice Tuesday after suffering a neck "burner." He will sit out the rest of the week before being reevaluated on August 4. Despite the clean bill of health, it is clear Wilson's neck will be a concern for the rest of his career. He is not worth a redraft pick. "

Source: David Wilson on Twitter
Jul 30 - 7:25 PM

I think that last line cant really be able to be determined until after his monday exam

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:54 pm

Hope both Wilson and the Giants get lots of mileage out of his number on helmets and black arm bands when he finally breaks his neck. Now this is the kinda player we need more of...ruin your life for the chance at a few more games.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:03 pm

I think a source that is unnamed should be referred to as "gutless cunt" from now on. Put your name on your comments or stfu.

I hope things work out for this kid but right now it's impossible to know what's what since a bunch of gutless cunts are running around talking out of their asses.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:57 pm

My gut tells me he's toast. Even if he is allowed to play football he will never be able to contribute in a meaningful way. He can't take a hit. It's not worth it.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:01 pm

Done and done.

Let's just hope he realizes it and takes the sensible option here.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Shortest pre-season hype train ever.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:17 am

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:27 am

Quote :
(KFFL) New York Giants RB David Wilson (neck) attended team meetings Thursday, July 31, and appeared ready to go, according to RB Rashad Jennings.

Quote :
(KFFL) New York Giants RB David Wilson (neck) tweeted that he is fine after leaving practice early Tuesday, July 29. Wilson said he passed all physical examinations and will find out more Monday, Aug. 3.

Quote :
(FFToday) David Wilson, according to the Giants, will not practice for the remainder of the week and will receive a follow-up examination on Aug. 4 at the Hospital for Special Surgery, the same place Wilson received extensive testing last night. Dr. Frank Cammisa, the doctor who performed his fusion surgery, will perform the exam. Analysis: The Giants are being very cautious with Wilson (neck) as they should be. His fantasy value will be in limbo until we get the results of his tests on August 4th.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:35 am

Quote :
David Wilson tweeted Wednesday that his neck "burner" was fine, but apparently not everyone close to the situation reciprocates that optimism.

During his media availability on Thursday, New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin said, "Until we hear what the doctors bring, I'm just praying that the kid's OK, that's all."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000371939/article/tom-coughlin-im-just-praying-david-wilson-is-ok

Quote :
A source close to the situation told ESPN's Dan Graziano the Giants would be "very surprised" if David Wilson (neck) played for them again.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:03 am

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:11 am

I feel like this is going to end up like Jahvid Best where even if he looks completely fine nobody is going to want to clear him in case shit goes down.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:12 am

He didn't even get hit - he rant into a blocker.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:15 am

Yeah I hear they're already working on a new uniform for him if he gets cleared.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:03 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I feel like this is going to end up like Jahvid Best where even if he looks completely fine nobody is going to want to clear him in case shit goes down.  

Agreed. Very analogous IMO

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:14 pm

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the Giants are "shutting down" David Wilson (neck), and "there's a belief the injury could be career ending."

Wilson suffered a burner in practice last week, mere months after undergoing spinal fusion surgery. Reports out of Giants camp have been concerning the past few days. Most seem to believe Wilson's season is over, and many wonder if Wilson will ever suit up for the Giants again. Now, it's starting to look like Wilson might never play another down. If true, it would be a huge disappointment. Wilson is one of the most explosive players in the league, but neck injuries aren't to be taken lightly. He's off the redraft radar. Wilson is in need of a miracle.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Yep. As expected. Poor bastard.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Giants placed RB David Wilson (neck) on injured reserve, ending his season.

After a neck burner caused "numbness" in his hands and lower extremities, Wilson's spinal surgeon advised him against playing football. "Now I have a chance to dream another dream and live that, too," Wilson said in a statement. "Don't feel sorry for me or pity me." Although fantasy owners who were burned by Wilson in 2013 may remember him as a fumbler, he was a dynamic athlete and phenom at Virginia Tech with an incredibly competitive playing style. At just 23 years old, it appears Wilson is content with retirement. "I'm thankful that I can literally walk away from the game," he added. It's a sad end to what once appeared to be an extremely bright career.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:37 pm

It was just reported that David Wilson has decided to retire. Is it okay if we backdate this so that I can take his 3 years and give them to James White? I'm sure nobody in this league will have an issue with this.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Sucks. David is handling it better than I am.  sad2 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Its too bad we won't be able to see David develop and find out what kind of player he might have become, but walking away from the game while he still can walk is probably the best decision he could have made for his future... Very difficult to make that call when you are only 23 and all you want to do is play the game you love...

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Im sure he still pocketed a few millions and an insurance policy.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:35 pm

I think you need 3 years to get the lifetime NFL health insurance, hopefully he got that in addition to his 1st round contract. Shitty luck, but in the grand scheme of life, he's a-okay.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:19 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I think you need 3 years to get the lifetime NFL health insurance, hopefully he got that in addition to his 1st round contract. Shitty luck, but in the grand scheme of life, he's a-okay.

I think that's one of the reasons the Lions held onto Best that extra year - insurance + pension.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Quote :
Running back David Wilson didn't play for the Giants in 2014 after aggravating a serious neck injury he suffered in 2013 and announced he wouldn't resume his playing career, but the former first-round pick still took up space on the Giants salary cap because he was still on their roster. Analysis: Wilson will be free to sign with any team once he clears waivers but his neck condition caused him to announce his retirement in early August last year. Wilson was a first-round pick of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Didn't realize he was still on the team. Poor guy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   

Back to top Go down

David Wilson RB RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: