x

Share | 

David Wilson RB RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 pm

I was super impressed watching him play tonight.  He was a power-house in the return game and put up several big runs.  He runs as quick as Mike Wallace he is FAST and elusive.  I can't believe how quick he is.  A little raw and had a few plays for a loss but I really expect big things from this guy.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
I was super impressed watching him play tonight. He was a power-house in the return game and put up several big runs. He runs as quick as Mike Wallace he is FAST and elusive. I can't believe how quick he is. A little raw and had a few plays for a loss but I really expect big things from this guy.

Own him EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:18 pm

cheers

Quote :
NY Giants Rushing
CAR YDS AVG TD LG
D. Wilson 7 43 6.1 0 26
D. Ware 5 30 6.0 1 16
A. Brown 7 25 3.6 0 12
A. Bradshaw 4 12 3.0 0 4

NY Giants Receiving
REC YDS AVG TD LG TGTS
D. Wilson 2 26 13.0 0 16 2

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Quote :
New York Giants RB David Wilson ran with the first-team offense for the second straight day Tuesday, Aug. 21. He has been impressive in camp and appears to be ahead of RBs Danny Ware, Andre Brown and Da'Rel Scott on the depth chart. RB Ahmad Bradshaw (hand) has practiced the last two days, but it's unknown if he'll play in the preseason game against the Chicago Bears Friday, Aug. 24.

Sooner he is the #2 the better! (or #1 for that matter...)

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:50 pm

I hope he doesn't take over Bradshaw.. Ruins a lot of my teams Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:51 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:
I hope he doesn't take over Bradshaw.. Ruins a lot of my teams Crying or Very sad

I don't own Bradshaw in any league without also owning Wilson. Traded up where I had to. cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:50 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:

I don't own Bradshaw in any league without also owning Wilson. Traded up where I had to. cheers

Own em both EVERYWHERE

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
San Diego Killers wrote:

Own em both EVERYWHERE
I'm going to start trying in all my other leagues

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:55 pm

What do you guys think of Steven Ridley for David Wilson straight up? i have Bradshaw..

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Some frikin asshole says i have to give Cruz or Harvin in a trade for Wilson.... One of his offers were David Wilson, BGE, Macolm Floyd, and Pierre Garcon for Donald Brown, Percy Harvin, and Victor Cruz... Fucking imbecile

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:53 am

It would have to get that level for me to deal him. But I am an asshole so thats what you are up against.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:42 am

It would have to get that level for me to deal him. But I am an asshole so thats what you are up against.
Agreed Laughing

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:07 am

I'm an asshole too but I would trade you David Wilson for less than Cruz. PM me.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:17 am

I have mixed feelings on Wilson, I will sitting and watching and letting other people buy him. Has some nice potential though

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:34 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
I'm an asshole too but I would trade you David Wilson for less than Cruz. PM me.
I only wanted Wilson in other leagues since I had Bradshaw

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:08 pm

He is looking better and better. He would be a tough get from em.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:57 pm

He looked absolutely incredible tonight picking up a ton of yards after contact and shrugging off tacklers. Showed off his hurdling skills too leaping over players on the ground and his patch catching.

Bradshaw was out with a hand contusion and I don't think it will be long before Wilson is pushing him for time.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Yeah, he looked good. If Bradshaw values his job, that hand better heal up really quick....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:03 pm

Quote :
Giants running back Danny Ware has been waived leaving the running game to Ahmad Bradshaw and rookie David Wilson.

Analysis: Ware is a good pass blocker and was thought to be a possibility as a third-down back, but Wilson simply played too well to keep off the field and took the backup role.

HAH! I knew Ware couldn't stack up!!!!

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:21 pm

Ware said he already knew this was coming when the giants drafted Wilson in the first round. At least he won 2 SBs with them, can't complain about that cheers

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:45 am

Quote :
David Wilson fumbled seven times and lost four of them at Virginia Tech last season. Analysis: Wilson's first-quarter fumble in Wednesday's opener wasn't a fluke. Ball security has been a concern ever since he declared for the draft and it's probably a reason the coaches didn't even give him a chance to redeem himself against the Cowboys. Wilson is going to have to earn back the trust of the staff now.

Tis a shame.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:33 am

Got this from FBG, shows Wilson after the fumble looking really dejected...

Wilson

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:35 am

Rolling Eyes

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:09 pm

He put the ball on the turf once every 48 carries in college. Now everyone knows why he fell to pick #32

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
He put the ball on the turf once every 48 carries in college. Now everyone knows why he fell to pick #32

That's a pretty shocking ratio

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:27 pm

I cant take credit for it. They put it on the screen as soon as he fumbled. I knew he fumbled but not at that rate. Also in Virginia Tech's offense they use two sometimes three lead backs. It was rare for wilson to get 17 carries in a game.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Quote :
New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said RB David Wilson will see playing time in Week 2 after ball security was an issue for the running back in Week 1. Analysis: It was a bit silly that he was benched for the entirety of the game after one fumble; Wilson is a dynamic running back that could have helped the offense. He had fumbling issues in college, though, and another one could send him into Tom Coughlin's doghouse for a longer period of time. Tread cautiously.

Hope he doesn't fuck up again.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Quote :
New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said RB David Wilson will see playing time in Week 2 after ball security was an issue for the running back in Week 1. Analysis: It was a bit silly that he was benched for the entirety of the game after one fumble; Wilson is a dynamic running back that could have helped the offense. He had fumbling issues in college, though, and another one could send him into Tom Coughlin's doghouse for a longer period of time. Tread cautiously.

Funny how nobody was whining about his fumbling issues til he fumbled a ball. Shit happens. Hope this kid unleashes the fury in week 2 so we can back to our regular scheduled programming.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Quote :

Funny how nobody was whining about his fumbling issues til he fumbled a ball. Shit happens. Hope this kid unleashes the fury in week 2 so we can back to our regular scheduled programming.

Well he had looked solid all preseason. No turnovers. First drive in an NFL game he gives it up. It was a solid hit though and I think a lot of guys would have put it on the ground there.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 pm

yup...I think all RB's should carry footballs around with em all day and everyone has to try and swat it out of their hands. Even civilians if you see them at the bar. Laughing

You will get wicked good if its literally all you do all day.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:27 pm

yup...I think all RB's should carry footballs around with em all day and everyone has to try and swat it out of their hands. Even civilians if you see them at the bar. Laughing

You should submit this proposal in writing to the NFL. Not a bad idea! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:29 pm

You should submit this proposal in writing to the NFL. Not a bad idea! Laughing

the problem is they would run into a guy like you and some man-hug action is just too much to ask them to weather while holding a football. It was an idea though.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Don't fear the hugs bro.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Jersey loves the hugs.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Hear that sound?
It's Wilson's stock crashing ROTFLMAO
#goandrebrown

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Hear that sound?
It's Wilson's stock crashing ROTFLMAO
#goandrebrown

Sad but true.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Wilson has always been a dynasty stash. I don't think Brown is any threat to Wilson's long term value.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:17 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Wilson has always been a dynasty stash. I don't think Brown is any threat to Wilson's long term value.

:agreed2:

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Quote :
New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin doesn't think RB Andre Brown (concussion) is 100 percent healthy after dealing with a concussion. Analysis: Tough break for Brown who could see David Wilson earn more playing time.

Color me irritated by the double standard the Giants seem to have. Bradshaw can fumble and have it be a TD two plays later and not lose a snap. Wilson takes his first touch of the game to the house and barely saw any other work. Bullshit.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:54 am

Quote :
The Giants announced that David Wilson is starting at Atlanta in Week 15 with Ahmad Bradshaw (knee, foot) inactive.

troll

I've been screaming for this all season.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:29 am

Quote :
New York Giants see David Wilson as future 'lead dog'

There weren't a lot of big positives from the 2012 season for the New York Giants. Watching David Wilson with the football in his hands was one of them.

If the Giants can help Wilson learn how to do the little things (ahem: blocking), they could have a star on their hands. General manager Jerry Reese said Wilson could be the team's starter.

"I don't think there's any question that he can be that," Reese said, when asked if Wilson can be a lead back (via ESPNNewYork.com). "It's a two- and three-back league nowadays, but do I think he can be a lead dog? I do think that.

"Because he’s not a little guy, and he has incredible balance. You see guys have some big hits on him and he stays up -- he’s not an easy guy to take down. So he's much stronger than you might think just from how he looks on the field. But he's a sleek, well-chiseled athlete. I do believe he can be the lead back."

Wilson is the rare NFL player that plays at another speed than his competition. He runs with great toughness. Fellow running back Ahmad Bradshaw openly questioned whether the Giants would bring him back next year, but we'd guess that Bradshaw sticks around. It just might be in a supporting role.

AWW YEAH

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:48 am

I can't really see them bringing Bradshaw back, when they drafted Wilson everyone knew this was how things would unfold.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:24 pm

party4
Here is a fun video for fans...

party3

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:25 pm

Fuck that... Let Bradshaw go somewhere else to start although I know that he loves the Giants but he is much better than a supporting role

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Weird, a player that Andy likes.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:26 am

Wilson cant block, fumbles, and has never played in a non committee role. ( at VT they rotate in 2-3 backs) the giants dont give the rock to one guy. Personally i think if i had to choose a rb for my nfl team i would take bradshaw. Wilson does offer good upside and will be beig in the return game but I see a rbbc guy not a lead dog.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:56 am

(KFFL) Retired RB Tiki Barber said New York Giants RB David Wilson is the most dynamic running back the Giants have ever had. "I wasn't fast. I was quick, I was elusive, I had good vision but I didn't have breakaway speed like he does. I wasn't the athlete like he is. I worked hard to get where I was. As long as he doesn't take that for granted and works hard on top of it, he can be fantastic," Barber said.

Tiki just wants his job back hissy fit 

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:57 am

David Wilson=über stud in the making.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Uh-oh... Not one, but two fumbles... and he still can't pass block to save his life. Super talented runner, but not even close to a complete back at this point.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:41 am

This a-hole destroyed me in Draftstreet. I was #1 in most leagues with him as my remaining player and thanks to his negative point effort now I probably wont finish in the money in more then half those leagues.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Wilson RB RET   

Back to top Go down

David Wilson RB RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: