HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 
 

 Jimmy Graham TE SEA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Not sure what this means for Grahams value...I mean why go after him if you don't plan on using the shit out of him? I know they just renewed Lynch but they have also had zero problems not using him when logic would tell you to do so. The other receiving weapons are "meh" so I think a lot of targets are in store from another good (and mobile) QB.

While it seems contradictory because I just got done sayin that the Seahawks managed to not use Lynch when logic would indicate they would...at the same time I think I might just be happier with this because nobody and I mean nobody is a bigger dingleberry in the redzone than Sean Payton whereas Pete Carroll hasn't showed that character flaw to the same degree as SP.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:52 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Not sure what this means for Grahams value...I mean why go after him if you don't plan on using the shit out of him?

This is logical, but you see it a lot. They gave up a 1st for Harvin, didn't do anything with him. The Saints draft Mark Ingram to not use him. It happens, oddly.

Either way, he'll be "used," but he's the clear #1 defensive priority on a run-heavy team now.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5705

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Not sure what this means for Grahams value...I mean why go after him if you don't plan on using the shit out of him?  I know they just renewed Lynch but they have also had zero problems not using him when logic would tell you to do so.  The other receiving weapons are "meh" so I think a lot of targets are in store from another good (and mobile) QB.

While it seems contradictory because I just got done sayin that the Seahawks managed to not use Lynch when logic would indicate they would...at the same time I think I might just be happier with this because nobody and I mean nobody is a bigger dingleberry in the redzone than Sean Payton whereas Pete Carroll hasn't showed that character flaw to the same degree as SP.

Given how little the Seahawks pass vs the Saints and the fact that Graham had a bunch of RZ TDs I can't see anywhere but down ito of opportunity for Graham. Plus new system, new QB etc. Not saying he won't be good but I can't see anyway he doesn't suffer

Some facts to back this up
Brees pass attempts last 2 year - 1300
Wilson - 860

Graham targets last 2 years - 266 (and he missed some games)
ALL SEA TE targets last 2 years - 171
(Even if you take the guy with most targets for SEA for each of last 2 years that gets you to Tate 98 + Baldwin 98 = 196...)


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:35 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Not sure what this means for Grahams value...I mean why go after him if you don't plan on using the shit out of him?

This is logical, but you see it a lot. They gave up a 1st for Harvin, didn't do anything with him. The Saints draft Mark Ingram to not use him. It happens, oddly.

Either way, he'll be "used," but he's the clear #1 defensive priority on a run-heavy team now.

Harvin couldn't carry JG's jock strap. The Saints are the absolute worst team in regards to sticking with any one player in any situation let alone the redzone where they get cute more often than use the studs at their disposal.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:43 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Not sure what this means for Grahams value...I mean why go after him if you don't plan on using the shit out of him?  I know they just renewed Lynch but they have also had zero problems not using him when logic would tell you to do so.  The other receiving weapons are "meh" so I think a lot of targets are in store from another good (and mobile) QB.

While it seems contradictory because I just got done sayin that the Seahawks managed to not use Lynch when logic would indicate they would...at the same time I think I might just be happier with this because nobody and I mean nobody is a bigger dingleberry in the redzone than Sean Payton whereas Pete Carroll hasn't showed that character flaw to the same degree as SP.

Given how little the Seahawks pass vs the Saints and the fact that Graham had a bunch of RZ TDs I can't see anywhere but down ito of opportunity for Graham. Plus new system, new QB etc. Not saying he won't be good but I can't see anyway he doesn't suffer

Some facts to back this up
Brees pass attempts last 2 year - 1300
Wilson - 860

Graham targets last 2 years - 266 (and he missed some games)
ALL SEA TE targets last 2 years - 171
(Even if you take the guy with most targets for SEA for each of last 2 years that gets you to Tate 98 + Baldwin 98 = 196...)

You're comparing a Seahawks team with no receiving weapons to a Saints team stacked with em. The Hawks now have Graham and the Saints do not so the logic above is seriously skewed in my eyes.

I don't feel 100% about anything yet but I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves in thinking that JG is gonna lose ground. He went to Seattle, not Kansas City. If the Hawks had a real #1 WR, people would be falling over themselves at what a serious offense this would be...well, between Kearse, Baldwin and the draft I think they will be alright so add in Lynch and Graham and Wilson's legs...pick your poison defenses (not named Seattle). In the redzone, these guys are gonna be pretty fuckin hard to stop.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5705

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:04 am

Andy you're clearly talking as a JG owner

The reason for those differences is cos the Saints DNA is to throw and they did long before Jimmy
Seattle have a totally different way of playing and that is partly enabled by there strong D that allows then to only throw 450ish times

If you really believe they (SEA) will completely remake their offense (ie throw out a gameplan that basically won them 2 SBs), start throwing to the TE like 75% more and to there main receiver 30-40% more then good luck to you my delusional president...


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:22 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Andy you're clearly talking as a JG owner

The reason for those differences is cos the Saints DNA is to throw and they did long before Jimmy
Seattle have a totally different way of playing and that is partly enabled by there strong D that allows then to only throw 450ish times

If you really believe they (SEA) will completely remake their offense (ie throw out a gameplan that basically won them 2 SBs), start throwing to the TE like 75% more and to there main receiver 30-40% more then good luck to you my delusional president...

I just don't know why you would get Jimmy Graham if you are going to use him like Tony Moeaki and I don't buy into what has always been will always be. What a team does with no receiving threats and what they do when they get some or turn a focus to that aspect are two different things. So if I am wrong, then not only am I delusional as you say but so would be Pete Carroll and the Seahawks.

I am not saying that they are going to completely undo what they have done but it wouldn't take much for him to perform up there. This team moves the ball well enough and in the redzone, IMO it's Graham/Lynch/Wilson most of the time so defenses should have fun with that.

His numbers aren't gonna go up so I guess they drop but the sky (his FF value) isn't falling to earth Chicken Little. I give Carroll more credit than Payton at this point because Payton gets cute nearly every time he gets inside the 10 yard line nowadays.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:30 am

I think his value drops, but how much is clearly open for debate. The main takeway is that Gronk is now alone on an island atop TE rankings. Julius and Graham go to the Jaguars and Seahawks. It's not even close.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5705

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:48 am

This is one of those times when the person losing the argument starts making a case against something the other person never said...

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Not saying he won't be good but I can't see anyway he doesn't suffer

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
but the sky (his FF value) isn't falling to earth Chicken Little...

Nobody said the sky was falling - this is for you chicken little kick nuts Laughing



Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
This is one of those times when the person losing the argument starts making a case against something the other person never said...

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Not saying he won't be good but I can't see anyway he doesn't suffer

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
but the sky (his FF value) isn't falling to earth Chicken Little...

Nobody said the sky was falling - this is for you chicken little kick nuts  Laughing


That reference was not so much aimed at you but everyone as a whole. I have read many folks comments that imply that Graham might as well change his name to Heath Miller. I just don't believe Pete Carrol is that dense.


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5635

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:16 am

I dont see them paying Graham to play a minor roll. People like to get their moneys worth. I see him a top 3 TE in the NFL when the year is over if not #1. He could be Gronk'd


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:30 am

Well they gave up a 1st for Harvin and didn't do dick with him.


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5635

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:33 am

New England Nineties wrote:
Well they gave up a 1st for Harvin and didn't do dick with him.

That isnt Seattle's fault perhaps. Harvin is a Harvin problem perhaps.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:57 am

New England Nineties wrote:
Well they gave up a 1st for Harvin and didn't do dick with him.

You're comparing Percy Harvin to Jimmy Graham...just thought I would point that out sir. One's a gimmick and one is a stud. Not sure if there is a point that could be harvested from your comment.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5134

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 am

Just because Graham is a former basketball player turned football player doesn't mean he's a gimmick Andy.

Geesh.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3644

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
This is one of those times when the person losing the argument starts making a case against something the other person never said...

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Not saying he won't be good but I can't see anyway he doesn't suffer

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
but the sky (his FF value) isn't falling to earth Chicken Little...

Nobody said the sky was falling - this is for you chicken little kick nuts  Laughing


That reference was not so much aimed at you but everyone as a whole.  I have read many folks comments that imply that Graham might as well change his name to Heath Miller.  I just don't believe Pete Carrol is that dense.

Debatable, isn't Pete the guy who called a pass on the 1 yard line with Beast mode in the backfield a month or so ago at a Superbowl with the game on the line and Victory a mere yard away? Even a smart guy can out think himself sometimes. The Seahawks have not shown a complex passing game in years. They signed Zack Miller and then basically never used him like the Raiders did. Now obviously Zack ain't no Graham, but sometimes a new destination does not mean success or a new lease on life. Sometimes it's just a new zip code and the fact that the grass is not always greener over the septic tank.

coffee


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:00 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
This is one of those times when the person losing the argument starts making a case against something the other person never said...

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Not saying he won't be good but I can't see anyway he doesn't suffer

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
but the sky (his FF value) isn't falling to earth Chicken Little...

Nobody said the sky was falling - this is for you chicken little kick nuts  Laughing


That reference was not so much aimed at you but everyone as a whole.  I have read many folks comments that imply that Graham might as well change his name to Heath Miller.  I just don't believe Pete Carrol is that dense.

Debatable, isn't Pete the guy who called a pass on the 1 yard line with Beast mode in the backfield a month or so ago at a Superbowl with the game on the line and Victory a mere yard away? Even a smart guy can out think himself sometimes. The Seahawks have not shown a complex passing game in years. They signed Zack Miller and then basically never used him like the Raiders did. Now obviously Zack ain't no Graham, but sometimes a new destination does not mean success or a new lease on life. Sometimes it's just a new zip code and the fact that the grass is not always greener over the septic tank.

coffee

Understood. I just don't see how anyone on earth could see what JG does on the field, then pay up to get him if that isn't the sort of thing you are looking for on the field. As for the Super Bowl, I was under the impression that was not Pete's call "exactly." While Lynch has been a stud for them, there have been several times when the Seahawks have looked for any reason to not run him when it makes sense and the Super Bowl play was the biggest example. Bringing Lynch back surprised me some because of this...acquiring JG fits them IMO as yet another way to not run the ball like folks expect in those situations. Did any of that make sense? LOL. I think Seattle wants to throw like NOS has been doing but has reluctantly been run heavy due to Wilson's mobility and Lynch's studliness. Now they have a big target to throw at so I would expect a concerted effort to do just that.

I don't expect the NOS version of JG.
I don't expect the SEA version of Zach Miller.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3644

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:35 am

Yes, you made sense. laughing

I would hope they plan to make a concerted effort to open the passing game now that have acquired a top flight TE. However, until I see it I am reluctant to just assume they will. They have the ability through Wilson and Lynch to just be an over powering run team which plays ball control "O" and eats the clock. This shortens the game and keeps that killer "D" fresh. This style has also gotten them to back to back Superbowls with a title. It shall be interesting to see if they tweak that "O" to be more multi-dimensional and make the pass a somewhat feared part off their arsenal.




Last edited by Hamilton Steel Cats on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 717

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:37 am

JG will be fine in Seattle. He is a top playmaker and they find a way to get him the ball early and often.

Harvin is a joke so bringing him into this conversation is just a waste of time


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:49 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Yes, you made sense. laughing

I would hope they plan to make a concerted effort to open the passing game now that have acquired a top flight TE. However, until I see it I am reluctant to just assume they will. They have the ability through Wilson and Lynch to just be an over powering run team which plays ball control "O" and eats the clock. This shortens the game and keeps that killer "D" fresh. This style has also gotten them to back to back Superbowls with a title. It shall be interesting to see if they tweak that "O" to be more multi-dimensional and make the pass a somewhat feared part off their arsenal.

I hear ya.

I already think defenses are in a world of hurt with what Seattle is bringing to the table but if they can find a top WR talent somewhere then this team is gonna be unbelievable.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:59 am

I think they would be nuts if they didn't use JG quite a bit... but at the same time they aren't going to change their schemes or game plans too much just because they have him... And this is the team with the fewest pass attempts in the league last year. JG's numbers and consistency should take a modest hit but due to positional scarcity it won't knock him out of the top 3 (top 5 at the worst). But it does leave Gronk in the top tier all by himself!


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5705

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:16 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I think they would be nuts if they didn't use JG quite a bit...    but at the same time they aren't going to change their schemes or game plans too much just because they have him...   And this is the team with the fewest pass attempts in the league last year.    JG's numbers and consistency should take a modest hit but due to positional scarcity it won't knock him out of the top 3 (top 5 at the worst).    But it does leave Gronk in the top tier all by himself!

Glad you agree with my entire set of posts laughing

Thanks for summarzing them so I don't have to


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8504

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:33 pm

He'll be fine in the 5 games he's fit for next season.

Rolling Eyes


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19922

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Quote :
I don't expect the NOS version of JG.
I don't expect the SEA version of Zach Miller.

That sums it up perfectly.

Let's remember too that while Jimmy G takes a hit moving from Brees to Wilson in the short term, Brees also doesn't have much longer left (IMO.) 2-3 Years? While Wilson will be around for a long time. I like his long term outlook much better on the Hawks than the Saints. (Gronk will suffer from the same problem moving from Brady in a couple to ????) So while is value takes a ding, I don't think it entirely tanked. A stud is a stud.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I think they would be nuts if they didn't use JG quite a bit...    but at the same time they aren't going to change their schemes or game plans too much just because they have him...   And this is the team with the fewest pass attempts in the league last year.    JG's numbers and consistency should take a modest hit but due to positional scarcity it won't knock him out of the top 3 (top 5 at the worst).    But it does leave Gronk in the top tier all by himself!

Glad you agree with my entire set of posts laughing

Thanks for summarzing them so I don't have to

ROFL hahhaaha... I din't even read any of the previous posts, just posted up my thoughts...


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:28 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Not sure what this means for Grahams value...I mean why go after him if you don't plan on using the shit out of him?

This is logical, but you see it a lot. They gave up a 1st for Harvin, didn't do anything with him. The Saints draft Mark Ingram to not use him. It happens, oddly.

Either way, he'll be "used," but he's the clear #1 defensive priority on a run-heavy team now.

Yep and I think his targets, receptions and TD's will drop a bit from his average....


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2376

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:36 pm

I won't be able to find the article now but I read Michael Bennett said yesterday on a radio show that Graham is still soft. He will be required to block his ass off now and he is too soft for that.


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Yep, I read that as well

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/michael-bennett-on-new-seahawks-teammate-jimmy-graham--still-overrated-125548345.html


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5635

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Jimmy Graham starting off well.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000495344/Jimmy-Graham-putting-on-a-show-at-Seahawks-OTAs


Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2360

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Its only training camp.....


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9559

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:52 am

Quote :
Jimmy Graham said he expects to be blocking 75 percent of the time in Seattle.

Graham is exaggerating a bit, but he's embraced a different role than the one he had in New Orleans where he was an oversized wideout. "It's very important for me to be a part of (blocking) here because that's about 75 percent of the offense here and if you have a back like (Marshawn Lynch), you want to be in there on those explosive runs and you want to be part of that," he said. Graham will be a third-down and red-zone weapon for Russell Wilson, but we're not expecting him to reach the 88.7 catches per season he had over the last four years with Drew Brees. Something closer to 75 receptions is more realistic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see more of a stat line of 55/700/10.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:13 pm

That's one of those responses where Deion and Rich start laughing, clapping and hooting "right answer, right answer". The Seahawks fans had better hope that doesn't come to fruition because that would be a colossal waste of talent.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9559

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
That's one of those responses where Deion and Rich start laughing, clapping and hooting "right answer, right answer".  The Seahawks fans had better hope that doesn't come to fruition because that would be a colossal waste of talent.

Right, I never understood this move. I mean, does he really fit what they do? Are they going to maximize his strengths and make that paycheck worth it? I dunno, maybe they will I am sure he will be a good redzone target, but man.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8504

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:53 pm

So he's going to block on 75% of snaps in the 5 games he's fit for?!?

Shit, that doesn't leave a lot of catches...

wink


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3274

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:03 pm

Part of me doesn't believe this story, but there is another part that believes Carroll is a crazy Mo Fo, and he will utilize Graham the wrong way.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7889

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:35 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Part of me doesn't believe this story, but there is another part that believes Carroll is a crazy Mo Fo, and he will utilize Graham the wrong way.    

The wrong way? So Carroll should instead be a dumbass and make sure to use him as a pass catcher to placate all the fantasy owners? Ya you're correct man! why use him in a way a Run first team would use a TE right? that is just dumb! Boy you hit this one right on the BAAAAAaaaam Head!


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Part of me doesn't believe this story, but there is another part that believes Carroll is a crazy Mo Fo, and he will utilize Graham the wrong way.    

The wrong way? So Carroll should instead be a dumbass and make sure to use him as a pass catcher to placate all the fantasy owners? Ya you're correct man! why use him in a way a Run first team would use a TE right? that is just dumb! Boy you hit this one right on the BAAAAAaaaam Head!

For a run first team they sure love to find odd times to not run....what a team was may not be what a team is or will be.


haha, didn't that sound way more intelligent than it really was? LOL



Bam you fucker!


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2400

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:24 am

Not sure how his Fantasy value will not be diminished? Clear to me it is the ole, "Better Football player than Fantasy player" rearing its ugly head...He was Gronk, before Gronk, but I don't see the production that he had in NO continuing in SEA. But, we are talking Pete Carroll here, so... scratch


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:53 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Part of me doesn't believe this story, but there is another part that believes Carroll is a crazy Mo Fo, and he will utilize Graham the wrong way.    

The wrong way? So Carroll should instead be a dumbass and make sure to use him as a pass catcher to placate all the fantasy owners? Ya you're correct man! why use him in a way a Run first team would use a TE right? that is just dumb! Boy you hit this one right on the BAAAAAaaaam Head!

It's the wrong way to use Graham because it would not coincide with his skill set. He didn't just magically end up on a run first team. Carroll traded a 1st round pick for him. If he traded a 1st round pick to use him as a blocker, he's retarded.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:04 am

New England Nineties wrote:
If he traded a 1st round pick to use him as a blocker, he's retarded.



Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2400

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:20 pm

Graham is "pissed"...LOL!  Not sure what the hell he thought his role would be in Seattle??

Quote :
Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman reports Jimmy Graham is "pissed off" and "hates" his role with the Seahawks.
According to Freeman, "several" Seahawks players have informed him of this and it's a "fact." Graham allegedly "hates what's happening in Seattle" where he's "barely looked at in the passing game." Through two games, Graham has just 10 targets, which is 15th among tight ends. We could see the target dip coming as soon as it was announced he was traded to the Seahawks, but not in this fashion. Russell Wilson has attempted more than 30 passes in each of the first two games, yet Graham doesn't have much to show for it. It's not like he's being asked to block more; per PFF, Graham has blocked on 31.7 percent of his snaps. He blocked on 30.5 percent of his snaps in New Orleans last season. Expect the Seahawks to try to feed him more this week against the Bears.


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4223

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:24 pm

It's not like he had a choice. This reminds me of the Percy Harvin experiment in Seattle.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9559

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:20 am

Everyone saw this coming. The offense is not right for him at all. Funny.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7889

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:45 am

New England Nineties wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Part of me doesn't believe this story, but there is another part that believes Carroll is a crazy Mo Fo, and he will utilize Graham the wrong way.    

The wrong way? So Carroll should instead be a dumbass and make sure to use him as a pass catcher to placate all the fantasy owners? Ya you're correct man! why use him in a way a Run first team would use a TE right? that is just dumb! Boy you hit this one right on the BAAAAAaaaam Head!

It's the wrong way to use Graham because it would not coincide with his skill set. He didn't just magically end up on a run first team. Carroll traded a 1st round pick for him. If he traded a 1st round pick to use him as a blocker, he's retarded.


I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...I told Mike so... I told Mike so...


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5705

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:51 am

ROTFLMAO


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:21 pm

So......Pete Carroll traded a first round pick to ruin the career path of a player whose skill set he isn't going to use because not utilizing one great player (Lynch) repeatedly in situations that called for it (even when it blew up in his face on the biggest play on the biggest stage in front of the entire planet already) just isn't enough when your ego maniac is really hoping to go home and listen to some talking heads on some network talk about how great of a head coach you are because you aren't handcuffed to using top tier players when you are so clever you can use the likes of Baldwin/Lockette to win games while you jerk off....

except that you are now 0-and-fuckin-2!!!!!







I'll take Rex Ryan and his silly foot fetish shit (off the field) versus a jackass who is getting his freak on at the expense of others. Just like Sean Payton, it's all fun and games and you look so clever until it stops working and you're just a fool trying to score three times in the redzone with guys hardly anyone has heard of while your top players stand with their hands on their hips watching the trainwreck from front row seats.

Fuck the money...at years end JG should demand to be traded. He has plenty of time to make the money but only has one career to make great.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:10 pm

This isn't all about the coach and it isn't all about the scheme either... Its in that blurb posted by Oaktown above... the really curious part is he isn't blocking on every play, as a matter of fact he isn't blocking any more than he did with the saints... he is running plenty of routes, but for whatever reason Wilson is just not targeting him at all on pass plays. I think Wilson has a tendency to look at his first read and if it isn't there he will take off running, he rarely checks through all his progressions, so if Graham isn't the primary read on the play he isn't going to get a lot of targets... Even if they haven't changed their playbook or playcalling, there seemed to be more balls going to their noname TE's in years past than Graham has gotten so far, especially in the RedZone... Its weird, I am not quite sure what is going on, but it is evident that they need to start dialing up more plays specifically for JG, it couldn't hurt.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3274

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:35 pm

If I was Graham I would demand a trade, lol. I agree with Nick, that offense doesn't fit him one bit! There is no reason he shouldn't be targeted, at minimum, 7 times a game. This guy is a beast and should be the focal point of their passing game, and not some nobody's that they are throwing to now


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:39 pm

[quote="Tarpon Springs RedKnights"]
New England Nineties wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Part of me doesn't believe this story, but there is another part that believes Carroll is a crazy Mo Fo, and he will utilize Graham the wrong way.    

The wrong way? So Carroll should instead be a dumbass and make sure to use him as a pass catcher to placate all the fantasy owners? Ya you're correct man! why use him in a way a Run first team would use a TE right? that is just dumb! Boy you hit this one right on the BAAAAAaaaam Head!

It's the wrong way to use Graham because it would not coincide with his skill set. He didn't just magically end up on a run first team. Carroll traded a 1st round pick for him. If he traded a 1st round pick to use him as a blocker, he's retarded.

I told Mike so...quote]

I think I told you so - Carroll is retarded.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22168

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
This isn't all about the coach and it isn't all about the scheme either...    Its in that blurb posted by Oaktown above...   the really curious part is he isn't blocking on every play,   as a matter of fact he isn't blocking any more than he did with the saints...   he is running plenty of routes,   but for whatever reason Wilson is just not targeting him at all on pass plays.   I think Wilson has a tendency to look at his first read and if it isn't there he will take off running,   he rarely checks through all his progressions,   so if Graham isn't the primary read on the play  he isn't going to get a lot of targets...  Even if they haven't changed their playbook or playcalling,   there seemed to be more balls going to their noname TE's in years past than Graham has gotten so far,  especially in the RedZone...  Its weird,  I am not quite sure what is going on,  but it is evident that they need to start dialing up more plays specifically for JG,  it couldn't hurt.

If you're 100% correct then I would revert back to it being on the coach. They are 0-2 and haven't targeted JG for shit and over the last couple years have sucked about using Lynch at times where they should. At some point, the H E A D coach is the problem for all the stupid shit that goes on below him unless he is clearly doing something to address those issues and while the JG stuff is new and maybe he will get on it, the Lynch stuff is old news. Also, if you are correct then I put it on the coach for having a bunch of plays where dickbags like Baldwin/Lockette are the first read. From now on, every play starts with either Lynch/Graham and if any of the other twat-rockets get some action then good for them. It sure as piss won't work out any worse then the backward ass shit they have fielded thus far in 2015.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   

Back to top Go down
 
Jimmy Graham TE SEA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: