HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Jimmy Graham TE SEA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Quote :

New Orleans Saints TE Jimmy Graham (back, hip) landed awkwardly during practice Wednesday, Aug. 8, and suffered an apparent back or hip injury. The injury, however, does not appear to be serious as Graham did sign autographs and pose for fan pictures following practice.

I love how the headline is JIMMY GRAHAM INJURED IN PRACTICE!!!

Fucking dramatic bullshit.




Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Quote :
Coach Aaron Kromer confirmed Monday that Graham suffered a sprained ankle in Sunday's game against the Chargers, the Saints' official site reports. Analysis: At this point Graham is still being evaluated, but the Saints are on bye this week, which gives him some added healing time before the team next takes the field on October 21 against the Bucs.

Fucker is in a walking boot and shit.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:31 am

Quote :
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, there's "not a lot of optimism" about Jimmy Graham's (ankle) Week 7 status.

Analysis: The sprain Graham sustained in Week 5 is more severe than the Saints have let on. It could be a high-ankle sprain. Remember that Aaron Hernandez needed three full weeks off to recover from his high-ankle sprain before returning for limited snaps last week. Graham's injury didn't appear to be quite that serious, but owners should be securing other Week 7 options immediately.

Balls.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Out.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 771

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Damn it. I don't have him but as a Saints fan I definately don't like to hear that he is out.

doh


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Quote :
Coach Joe Vitt says the Saints "feel good" about Jimmy Graham's (ankle) Week 8 status.

Analysis: Graham won't test his ankle before Wednesday's practice, but he must have been close to suiting up for Sunday's win over the Bucs. Now over two weeks removed from injuring his ankle against the Chargers, Graham can be tentatively expected to return against the Broncos. Even if he's less than 100 percent, he'll remain a top-three option at tight end.

rock on


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:51 am

Quote :
Not only has Graham played through a wrist injury all year, but he will need surgery after the season is over, Fox's Jay Glazer reports. Analysis: Apparently Graham has refused MRI's on the wrist knowing that the team might opt to shut him down. At some point, the Saints might have to force the issue before the season ends, though he will play this week.

Guy is tough.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Quote :
New Orleans Saints TE Jimmy Graham (wrist, ankle) said he's hungry to improve after catching 85 passes for 982 yards and nine touchdowns a season ago. "This is probably the hungriest I've ever been to kind of right the wrongs of last year and to prove what this team can do and maybe hush up some of the naysayers," Graham said. "So for me it's all work and doing as much as I can to be the best player I can." Graham was bothered by a left wrist injury and an ankle sprain for much of last year.

One of my favorite players in the NFL. So glad Bob had the heart to send him back to me.


Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2983

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Damn...

I came in here hoping to read that he broke or tore something... Just so I could hear Andy weep a little bit...

pray2


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22948

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:14 pm

It won't happen...I would have been totally getting my eating popcorn ready to watch Shawn eat shit when Gronk becomes what I always said he would become but then fuckin Sty had to go throw poor Jimmy Graham in the Black Hole and now I just have to find some sort of inner peace knowing I own him in my other league. Fuckin Stylianos....


Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2983

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Few more of these hits and he's done...



Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22948

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Leading with the head...Kenny Phillips is a pussy


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5712

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Cane on Cane violence...never a good thing. nono


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8072

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
It won't happen...I would have been totally getting my eating popcorn ready to watch Shawn eat shit when Gronk becomes what I always said he would become but then fuckin Sty had to go throw poor Jimmy Graham in the Black Hole and now I just have to find some sort of inner peace knowing I own him in my other league. Fuckin Stylianos....

:nope:


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
New Orleans Saints TE Jimmy Graham (wrist, ankle) said he's hungry to improve after catching 85 passes for 982 yards and nine touchdowns a season ago. "This is probably the hungriest I've ever been to kind of right the wrongs of last year and to prove what this team can do and maybe hush up some of the naysayers," Graham said. "So for me it's all work and doing as much as I can to be the best player I can." Graham was bothered by a left wrist injury and an ankle sprain for much of last year.

One of my favorite players in the NFL. So glad Bob had the heart to send him back to me.

It was really a very hard choice. I'm still not sure who comes out on top of that one.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:12 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
New Orleans Saints TE Jimmy Graham (wrist, ankle) said he's hungry to improve after catching 85 passes for 982 yards and nine touchdowns a season ago. "This is probably the hungriest I've ever been to kind of right the wrongs of last year and to prove what this team can do and maybe hush up some of the naysayers," Graham said. "So for me it's all work and doing as much as I can to be the best player I can." Graham was bothered by a left wrist injury and an ankle sprain for much of last year.

One of my favorite players in the NFL. So glad Bob had the heart to send him back to me.

It was really a very hard choice. I'm still not sure who comes out on top of that one.

I don't care if you come out on top TBH. I just wanted him back on my team.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5252

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:05 am

He was a beast. Be interesting to see if he returns to form. I'm not sure why, but I don't think he will.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8072

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:11 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
He was a beast. Be interesting to see if he returns to form. I'm not sure why, but I don't think he will.
cheers He sucks and Andy doesn't see yet how much I have weakened Shawn by trading Graham to him.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:11 am

Quote :
Graham (wrist) is almost 100% healthy after wrist surgery in January, and he expects to be completely healed when training camp rolls around, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Graham's injury was at least partly to blame for his inconsistent performance at times last year, including leading the league in dropped passes according to some unofficial sources that maintain those statistics.

Analysis: Despite a slew of medical issues last year, including various injuries to his back, ankle and wrsit, Graham still managed 85 catches for 982 yards and nine touchdowns in 15 games. Finally close to full health again, Graham looked was impressive during the Saints' OTA's in June, and he could be primed for a big year with Drew Brees again leading the charge and head coach Sean Payton back in the fold after last year's suspension.

troll


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Hurt his ankle in the 4th, came back, now heading to the locker room.


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6836

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:36 pm

hairout

Crying or Very sad

pray


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4343

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Wondering if he might have hurt it earlier. He could not get off of Talib's jam all game.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:33 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Wondering if he might have hurt it earlier. He could not get off of Talib's jam all game.
Yeah, I think something must have been hurting him from early on... The Patriots defense would not have been able to shut him out if he were 100%.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:01 pm

He looked fine, Talib just owned him. it also didn't help thay Brees was pretty bad.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:26 am

Quote :
Graham, who is dealing with a foot injury, is uncertain to play in the Saints' Week 8 matchup with the Bills, ESPN.com reports. Analysis: Graham was able to give his foot some rest during the Saints' Week 7 bye, but it appears he is still not 100 percent, with one report noting that Graham may not have played had the Saints had a game Sunday. Graham's participation in practice throughout the week should help provide a clue toward whether or not he will be able to take the field against the Bills.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:01 pm

This sounds like last year where they didn't ever announce what he actually had then missed 3-4 weeks or whatever.


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6836

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Damnit...


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:37 am

Quote :
Jimmy Graham has a partially torn plantar fascia
Sounds like this is going to hobble him for awhile.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 am

Active, but what will he actually be able to do?

Will be interesting.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Quote :
Graham (foot) had three catches on three targets for 37 yards and two touchdowns Sunday against the Bills. Analysis: Despite limited practices this week, Graham gutted it out Sunday and rewarded fantasy owners who rolled with him by scoring twice. His touchdowns came on plays of 15 and 13-yards and both required him to break tackles to get into the end zone. He didn't appear limited on his catches, though it should be noted that he was primarily used in the red zone, with Ben Watson getting the reps in between the 20s.
Absolute freak.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Quote :
Graham (foot) didn't take part in Wednesday's practice. Analysis: Graham's absence is a bit of a concern, considering he hasn't missed a practice since Oct. 24. Coming off two consecutive two-touchdown performances, owners will want to watch his progress closely throughout the week to garner his availability for Sunday night's showdown with the Cowboys.
Rolling Eyes 

YOU CAN'T STOP JIMMY.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Graham (foot) didn't take part in Wednesday's practice. Analysis: Graham's absence is a bit of a concern, considering he hasn't missed a practice since Oct. 24. Coming off two consecutive two-touchdown performances, owners will want to watch his progress closely throughout the week to garner his availability for Sunday night's showdown with the Cowboys.
Rolling Eyes 

YOU CAN'T STOP JIMMY.
Aqib Talib might beg to differ...


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2951

PostSubject: Jimmy Graham   Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 am

If Graham gets the franchise tag as a tight end, rumor has it that he may challenge the league that he lined up as WR for 63% of snaps to get the WR franchise money instead. If he wins, does that mean he will be classified as a WR next year in fantasy football?
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22948

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:35 pm

I don't know the answer but I really hate that the NFL is going down this retarded road. It tells me that the system is broken, as so many are in life, and instead of fixing that we will just all do a few hundred more laps around the retard park.

If this were to somehow end with Jimmy being classified as a WR in fantasy, even though his production wouldn't be an issue all of his owners would be getting fucked over big time.


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4343

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:04 pm

What fix are you proposing Andy?


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3753

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I don't know the answer but I really hate that the NFL is going down this retarded road.  It tells me that the system is broken, as so many are in life, and instead of fixing that we will just all do a few hundred more laps around the retard park.

If this were to somehow end with Jimmy being classified as a WR in fantasy, even though his production wouldn't be an issue all of his owners would be getting fucked over big time.  

I'll play devil advocate here.

If the stats/facts provided in the previous post are correct. Jimmy Graham plays approx 65 snaps a week (16) which equals 1040. If of the 1040 he lines up 63% of the time as a WR and the remaining 37% of the time as a TE those totals are 655 to 385.

Maybe it can thus be argued that the other owners of the league are being fucked over by the Jimmy Graham owners. If he does indeed play mostly the WR role then his TE listing is just window dressing bullshit. Sure he played TE at college, and was drafted as a TE. Hell, he even has kept the TE listing 3 odd years into his career. However, is he really a TE if he only plays less than 400 snaps as a TE vs the almost 700 he plays lined up as a WR.

Who's fuckin' who becomes very debatable in my opinion.

Food for thought from my side of the desk....  eating popcorn 


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4343

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:09 pm

I guess the NFL could just use a formula but then teams would try to game the system.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5252

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I don't know the answer but I really hate that the NFL is going down this retarded road.  It tells me that the system is broken, as so many are in life, and instead of fixing that we will just all do a few hundred more laps around the retard park.

If this were to somehow end with Jimmy being classified as a WR in fantasy, even though his production wouldn't be an issue all of his owners would be getting fucked over big time.  

I'll play devil advocate here.

If the stats/facts provided in the previous post are correct. Jimmy Graham plays approx 65 snaps a week (16) which equals 1040. If of the 1040 he lines up 63% of the time as a WR and the remaining 37% of the time as a TE those totals are 655 to 385.

Maybe it can thus be argued that the other owners of the league are being fucked over by the Jimmy Graham owners. If he does indeed play mostly the WR role then his TE listing is just window dressing bullshit. Sure he played TE at college, and was drafted as a TE. Hell, he even has kept the TE listing 3 odd years into his career. However, is he really a TE if he only plays less than 400 snaps as a TE vs the almost 700 he plays lined up as a WR.

Who's fuckin' who becomes very debatable in my opinion.

Food for thought from my side of the desk....  eating popcorn 

Agree... I think he should be classified as a WR.   Happens all the time to players.  Suggs was a DE for all his years until this past season when the league reclassified him as a LB and no one called the Gadabouts (surprising I know) to see how it would impact their team.

If 2/3 of the time he lines up as a WR, he should be classified as such.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22948

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:26 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
What fix are you proposing Andy?

I got nothing.  I just hate when a good situation has to be fucked with over minor and retarded details.  The fact is he has been a TE since whenever til now and how a team uses him is their fucking business.  I know, let's fuckin squabble over shit.  On the other hand, don't think for a second I am taking the sides of owners and shit and while I may be crucified for saying this...these franchises earn a fuckin insane amount of money...if you just paid everyone an equal share of that they would all live happily ever after (if half of them weren't insanely stupid) and let the Peyton Mannings of the world make extra cash off endorsements or whatever and enjoy the superstardom that comes with being so great.  But obviously the "I need to make more than the guy next to me" bell cannot be unrung.

I am not even going to argue with you guys cuz you know more about it than me, I just hear it and  rolleyes 


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 pm

I don't think he should be classified as a WR. Okay, he played 63% of his snaps as a WR. What % of snaps do WR's play at WR? Right, about 100% (minus a few Randall Cobb, etc. plays).

The TE position has changed, but he's still not a WR.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3753

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:56 pm

You're right Mike, he does more than most diva WR bitches.

He should not be shit on because the vast majority of TE's kinda suck. He puts up numbers better than all TE's, he blocks, he catches, he catches more than most WR's, he nets a shit load of TD's, he's a red zone threat. Hell, the motherfucker could probably drive the team bus if need be and sell some nuts in the stands when the defense is on the field.

However, the fact is 6M vs 10.5M on a tag. Would anyone be happy taking a 4M kick in the stones?

They need to work out a Hybrid deal, or simply pay this dude what he is worth and not delve into the he's a TE shit. I'm sure there are some guys that can be let go in order to work the numbers.

I know one thing I would not be open to getting the short end of the stick and being labeled a TE and thus this is your pay window. I would either fight for immediate Free Agency or suck up the one year shit tag and then break the bank a year latter. I would not forget though and all would be taken into account.

Funny thing is I seldom defend player contracts. I think all players in almost all sports are grossly over paid. However, I do find the NFL tagging and positional shit a lil wishy washy at the TE level. I know when Finley and Cook were looking at challenging this I laughed. I think Finely has always been over rated and Cook was all hype and 1 good game every 8. Graham though has proved over 3 or 4 years now to be legit, the real deal. This type of guy is a player. A guy who delivers. You don't let them walk or treat them like crap.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:59 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
You're right Mike, he does more than most diva WR bitches.

He should not be shit on because the vast majority of TE's kinda suck. He puts up numbers better than all TE's, he blocks, he catches, he catches more than most WR's, he nets a shit load of TD's, he's a red zone threat. Hell, the motherfucker could probably drive the team bus if need be and sell some nuts in the stands when the defense is on the field.

However, the fact is 6M vs 10.5M on a tag. Would anyone be happy taking a 4M kick in the stones?

They need to work out a Hybrid deal, or simply pay this dude what he is worth and not delve into the he's a TE shit. I'm sure there are some guys that can be let go in order to work the numbers.

I know one thing I would not be open to getting the short end of the stick and being labeled a TE and thus this is your pay window. I would either fight for immediate Free Agency or suck up the one year shit tag and then break the bank a year latter. I would not forget though and all would be taken into account.

Funny thing is I seldom defend player contracts. I think all players in almost all sports are grossly over paid. However, I do find the NFL tagging and positional shit a lil wishy washy at the TE level. I know when Finley and Cook were looking at challenging this I laughed. I think Finely has always been over rated and Cook was all hype and 1 good game every 8. Graham though has proved over 3 or 4 years now to be legit, the real deal. This type of guy is a player. A guy who delivers. You don't let them walk or treat them like crap.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

The franchise tag isn't there to make the player happy, it's to motivate them to sign. He's a TE, and the tags are classified by positions. Yes, he's a really, super-duper good TE. But still a TE. I agree he gets screwed by it, but the FT is kinda there to help screw the players in most cases.


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2951

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:05 pm

All morning on NFL channel they were talking about Jimmy Graham's options. He could sign with someone like Jacksonville and get $16 million year or sign with Saints and get $11 million.

In my opinion he would be crazy to not go for the money. $5 million per year is alot of money to not grab. Question is how much would his production drop without a great QB? Josh Gordon didnt care who threw him the ball. What about Graham?


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6836

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:11 pm

No way the Saints let him walk. Players like Graham don't hit the open market. Either they'll find a way to get a deal done or hit him with the tag.


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2951

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:15 pm

What if it is the tight end tag of $6.9 million? Do you think he will sit out until he gets the $?


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Quote :
The Saints have placed the franchise tag on Graham, NFL.com reports. Analysis: From the Saints' standpoint, this makes perfect sense, as they'll likely only have to pay Graham around $6.709 million if the tight-end tag sticks. Graham's camp intends to file a grievance, however, arguing that he's more deserving of the $11.6 million that wide receivers get when tagged. It's a fair argument, as Graham has proven to be one of the elite pass catchers in the league. He went for 1,215 yards and 16 touchdowns on 86 receptions last season.

I think he wins that argument.


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2951

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Its going to get ugly. $6.7 million for him is a screw job. The Saints deserve to lose him. Cheap bastards!


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed May 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Quote :
The NFL Players Association has filed a grievance on behalf of New Orleans Saints franchise free-agent TE Jimmy Graham in regards to his tender offer. The NFLPA believes that Graham should be categorized as a wide receiver and not as a tight end. An independent arbitrator would hear the case if the two sides are not able to reach an agreement.

We knew this was coming.


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2951

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed May 07, 2014 2:27 pm

Question: if they rule that he should be paid as a WR, does that change his fantasy designation to a WR?


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5252

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   Wed May 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Question: if they rule that he should be paid as a WR, does that change his fantasy designation to a WR?

I would think so... Because then he'd be officially classified by the Saints as a WR... which means rotoworld makes the change... etc...

I would think it'd be the similar to Terrell Suggs being re-classified as LB when he didn't win his fight to be listed as a DE during his time when he was tagged.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Graham TE SEA   

Back to top Go down
 
Jimmy Graham TE SEA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: