x

Share | 

Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Quote :
Ben Roethlisberger revealed he has a "little torn rotator cuff" in an interview Wednesday with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, but the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback seemed more concerned about the absence of holdout receiver Mike Wallace than his injury.

The Post-Gazette reported that Roethlisberger suffered the injury in a Nov. 6 game last season against the Baltimore Ravens. He had earlier told the newspaper in the spring that he suffered a shoulder injury but this is the first time he has described it as a rotator cuff tear.

Ben is a bit of a bitch when it comes to injuries. He plays tough and plays through them but he always makes sure that everyone knows about every stubbed toe so they can talk about what a warrior he is and how tough he is.

This sounds like something that could develop into a season ending issue though.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Ben Roethlisberger revealed he has a "little torn rotator cuff" in an interview Wednesday with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, but the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback seemed more concerned about the absence of holdout receiver Mike Wallace than his injury.

The Post-Gazette reported that Roethlisberger suffered the injury in a Nov. 6 game last season against the Baltimore Ravens. He had earlier told the newspaper in the spring that he suffered a shoulder injury but this is the first time he has described it as a rotator cuff tear.

Ben is a bit of a bitch when it comes to injuries. He plays tough and plays through them but he always makes sure that everyone knows about every stubbed toe so they can talk about what a warrior he is and how tough he is.

This sounds like something that could develop into a season ending issue though.

I will take it over the guy who says nothing and goes down like a bitch or never comes back or just sucks *cough* Sid Rice *cough*

If Ben sets himself up to be the injured hero and it makes him feel good as he zips another pass to Antonio Brown...I am on board with that. :devil:

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:45 am

To me this sounds like cover. If he has a good year, he played through the pain. If he has a bad year, he was hurt and that is why.

sick

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:03 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
To me this sounds like cover. If he has a good year, he played through the pain. If he has a bad year, he was hurt and that is why.

sick

Yeah and he does this ALL the time.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 am

Quote :
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Saturday that he sprained his left ankle during the team's practice.

It's the same ankle that has caused Roethlisberger trouble in the past.

"It was my bad ankle," he told USA Today.

Roethlisberger hurt the ankle when an offensive lineman stepped on him during goal-line practice. Roethlisberger had just completed a 20-yard touchdown pass to Emmanuel Sanders.

This fucking guy... Laughing

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:44 pm

I love the guys who announce their injuries.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Quote :
Ben Roethlisberger would miss game for son's birth Thu Sep 6, 12:42 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger is expecting the birth of his son at some point during the 2012 season, and he says he would not play if the baby is born on a game day. 'I'm not missing the birth of my child,' Roethlisberger said. 'There's no chance. I know some fans probably don't want to hear that, but there's no chance.'

I should friggin well hope so - good on you Ben

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Quote :
Head coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers will gameplan as if Charlie Batch will be their starting quarterback Week 13, but practice will determine if Roethlisberger (shoulder) can change that, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette reports. Analysis: The Steelers face AFC North rival Baltimore on Sunday, and the Steelers desperately need a win to keep pace in the playoff hunt. Roethlisberger was considered questionable before the report, and it sounds like we won't have a clearer outlook until later in the week.

Going to end up being too little too late says I.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:41 pm

RotoWire) Roethlisberger underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Wednesday to "snip some loose or frayed cartilage" that was causing the quarterback some discomfort, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports. Analysis: Though Roethlisberger will miss next week's minicamp, he is expected to be ready to go for the Steelers' training camp. The report notes that Roethlisberger underwent a similar surgery on his left knee back on Oct. 10, 2005. He missed just one game following that in-season scope.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Kind of amazing he has both of his legs after his years in the league.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:02 am

Quote :
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Ben Roethlisberger's bone bruise is a bigger concern than his MCL sprain.

Roethlisberger has been given a 4-6 week timetable, but Rapaport and several others have reported it is more likely to be a six-week absence. The good news is six weeks would still put Big Ben on track to return before the Steelers Week 11 bye. Michael Vick will start with Roethlisberger sidelined.

That injury looked just scary. I am shocked it is only this long...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:36 am

Quote :
Ben Roethlisberger self-reported his concussion, he had symptoms and that's when Steelers took him into concussion protocol.

Guess they're still not great at detecting these on their own huh?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:52 pm

Oh shit! That really sucks for the Steelers!

Also, that explains why Brown did so bad today.....

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Since this is all about me...
No one will be surprised to hear he is on my cursed GLDL team

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:31 pm

Well shit

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:22 am

Early word is they will opt for the removal and he could be back in 3 weeks (2 games as the bye is included). That sounds like best case scenario for him

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:01 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
Early word is they will opt for the removal and he could be back in 3 weeks (2 games as the bye is included).  That sounds like best case scenario for him

And all value around him takes a slight shit. Good.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:20 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Early word is they will opt for the removal and he could be back in 3 weeks (2 games as the bye is included).  That sounds like best case scenario for him

I can't believe I'm saying this.... But I'm really considering benching Brown next week!? surprised stars

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:36 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I can't believe I'm saying this....  But I'm really considering benching Brown next week!? surprised stars

I think you would be right in doing so.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am

I can't believe I'm saying this....  But I'm really considering benching Brown next week!? surprised stars

You'd have to have "GoldenBALLS" to do it...

Remember, Landry Jones did take the Bulldogs of Artesia, NM to a State Championship; so, you have that goin' for you...which is nice.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:05 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

You'd have to have "GoldenBALLS" to do it...

Remember, Landry Jones did take the Bulldogs of Artesia, NM to a State Championship; so, you have that goin' for you...which is nice.

lol3

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of thinking today, and came to the conclusion you just can't bench Brown. I think Tomlin, or at least I hope, will stress to Landry to get Brown the ball as much as he can. Maybe even more underneath passes and screens will really help the Steelers too.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:10 am

Derrick....

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:14 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Derrick....

laughing good post

Didn't realize I play fuckin Jon next week, so I need to leave all my studs in and not mess around! I really want to make him lose because he has such a good team. mischieveous

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:25 am

Jon is one tough nut. His team just puts up points. Man.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:12 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Derrick....

laughing good post

Didn't realize I play fuckin Jon next week, so I need to leave all my studs in and not mess around!  I really want to make him lose because he has such a good team. mischieveous

I think you should play Brown next week.

Or do I?

thinking2

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:45 pm

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:29 pm

It's the sort of decision you should agonize over.

Or is it?!?

thinking2

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:21 am

This should help... Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:55 am

Wow that's a great find Brad. I hope AB sees regression bad.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:57 am

Why do ya'll hate on AB so much? Are you guys mad that he's a beast on the field and a beast on the dance floor?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:58 am

Why do ya'll hate on AB so much?  Are you guys mad that he's a beast on the field and a beast on the dance floor?

I just think he's a douchebag in the way he carries himself. Don't care for him because of that. But he is a very good player.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:15 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Why do ya'll hate on AB so much?  Are you guys mad that he's a beast on the field and a beast on the dance floor?

I just think he's a douchebag in the way he carries himself. Don't care for him because of that. But he is a very good player.

I figure ALL WRs are pre-Maddona's, so the way he acts doesn't faze me

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:35 am

Wish he would act more like Julio. I love it when great talent acts great.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:00 am

I love AB.  His sportscenter commercial is awesome and most importantly, he's a fellow Central Michigan Alumni. I just like taunting your decision this week. eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:30 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
This should help... Evil laugh

It's actually a lot worse when you look at the actual games.  AB was awful the first 3 games without Ben but did break out in game 4.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Quote :
In a radio interview, Ben Roethlisberger said he will "take some time" to "consider all options" this offseason.
"To consider health, and family and things like that and just kind of take some time away to evaluate next season, if there’s going to be a next season," Roethlisberger said. Ben has taken a beating during his 13 seasons in the NFL, but he is only 34 and would owe Pittsburgh $18.6 million if he walks away. It would be beyond shocking if he decides to retire.

Quote :
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said this is not the first time he has heard Ben Roethlisberger talk about retirement.
Roethlisberger said on Tuesday he would "consider all options" including "if there’s going to be a next season" in the next couple weeks. Tomlin said he is taking the comments seriously, but he is not alarmed or surprised by the notion. Ben is only 34 and likely will have to return a large chunk of his signing bonus if he decides to walk away this offseason. There is little chance he makes that decision.

If not in 2017, in 2018? The end is coming closer. Unless he is "Favre-ish". rofl

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Pitt better start the QB hunt now if Berger is serious about retiring in the next few years. When Berger goes they need someone decent as the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister years were brutal. The O'Donnell years were average to somewhat okay. Then came Slash Stewart ... argh. A couple years of Tommy Gun Maddox ... sigh, before Big Ben was found. That covers 1984 to 2004. 20 FREAKIN' years of HO Hum Niss!!! Unacceptable!!!

coffee

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:36 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Pitt better start the QB hunt now if Berger is serious about retiring in the next few years.  When Berger goes they need someone decent as the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister years were brutal.  The O'Donnell years were average to somewhat okay.  Then came Slash Stewart ... argh.  A couple years of Tommy Gun Maddox ... sigh, before Big Ben was found.  That covers 1984 to 2004.  20 FREAKIN' years of HO Hum Niss!!!  Unacceptable!!!

coffee

Yeah, I don't think he will retire this year or next because he will owe them money from his bonus. Maybe, maybe not. If he was smart he has plenty of money. But the end is in sight when you start talking like this. As he goes, AB goes.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Yeah, I don't think he will retire this year or next because he will owe them money from his bonus. Maybe, maybe not. If he was smart he has plenty of money. But the end is in sight when you start talking like this. As he goes, AB goes.

Yeah...glad I don't own Brown. lol3 wink

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Eh, he just got trounced and he is banged up. I seriously doubt he retires, but I guess stranger things have happened. Given his style of play he may not have the longevity of a Brady, Manning, etc., but I think he still has a few good years in him. Then again, if Bell decides to take his talents elsewhere, I guess that could play a role in his decision.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:58 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
Eh, he just got trounced and he is banged up.  I seriously doubt he retires, but I guess stranger things have happened.  Given his style of play he may not have the longevity of a Brady, Manning, etc., but I think he still has a few good years in him.  Then again, if Bell decides to take his talents elsewhere, I guess that could play a role in his decision.

I was talking to a buddy and that was my point. This man has been beaten to a pulp. I mean, he has had a lot of injuries over the year and for a bigger guy that has to be tough. When he walks he looks like he has a constant limp. If he continues he could have a rough rest of his life. You need those knees and legs for the next 50ish years Ben.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:50 pm

I'm a Steelers fan and BB is solid but he is a fucking drama queen.

About as much chance of him retiring this year as there is of a young LB like Zach Orr calling it a day.

Oh, wait...

tongue

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Thought this was decided (he was "definitely" playing), several weeks ago??

Quote :
When asked about returning for the 2017 season, Ben Roethlisberger said, "I'm leaning towards it."
Roethlisberger hinted at retirement after losing to New England in the AFC Championship last season but nobody was really buying it. The Steelers are built to win now and Roethlisberger loves winning too much to abandon Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell during their prime. The money's not bad either as Roethlisberger is owed $46 million over the final three years of his deal. It would be an absolute stunner if the 35-year-old decided to hang up his cleats.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:36 pm

No, surely not. Who would have guessed he's thinking about coming back...!

Fucking drama queen.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Sounds like a sarcastic response that shouldn't have been put into a headline to me...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT   

Back to top Go down

Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: