x

Share | 

Sidney Rice WR RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Quote :
Sidney Rice (shoulder surgeries, concussions) is expected to be held out of contact for the majority of the preseason. Analysis: In November, Rice sustained his third concussion in 12 months. He then had dual shoulder surgeries in early January. Therefore, the Seahawks are going to exercise extreme caution while trying to ensure that Rice is ready for Week 1. We might not even get to see him in a preseason game.

Always thought he had a ton of talent and would really like to see him healthy and teamed up with a decent QB.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:34 pm

I had high hopes for him coming out of college too... Not sure he has the QB in Seattle to help turn him around.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Might have to add this to my bet possibilities...give his candy ass 3 weeks in the regular season before he pulls his vagina and needs to ice it for the remainder of the season.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 pm

I had him rostered for the the last 3 years and I finally hucked him for a 2nd and 3rd. I might regret it but his injury history is just sad.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Dude had one good season...with Brett Favre playing out of his skull. I don't think he'll ever come close to those numbers again.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:00 am

(Rotoworld) SI.com's Peter King believes Sidney Rice (shoulder surgeries) "might not be ready to start the season."
Analysis: NFL Network's Michael Lombardi suggested Tuesday that the Terrell Owens signing was related to "major disappointment" in Rice's availability as much as the lack of experience behind him. "Obviously they wouldn't be making these moves [if Rice was ready to contribute]," said Lombardi. "I think you're signing T.O. with the idea that he's going to be a starter ... they need (Owens and Braylon Edwards) to be back to the player they were a couple of years ago to help the offense."

This dude is so FrAgIle its not even funny, anymore.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Quote :
Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said the team will put WR Sidney Rice (head) through the concussion program. Carroll would not call Rice's injury a concussion, but said the team wanted to make sure they knew what they were doing with Rice. 'He's going to go through the process,' Carroll said. 'We want to be very careful and make sure we know what we're doing. He'll go through the whole sequence of the tests and stuff, and probably we will determine on Wednesday where he is for Thursday's practice.

Roh roh. Bump Tate?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Quote :
Profootballtalk reports Sidney Rice has been diagnosed with a torn ACL. Analysis: Rice had been dealing with knee problems since the offseason, and also suffered a concussion in Monday night's win. The head injury is as concerning as the torn ACL for a player whose 2011 was cut short by two concussions in three weeks. When the 2013 season ends, Rice will have appeared in just 39 of a possible 64 games going back to 2009. It's quite possible Percy Harvin (hip) will take Rice's place in the starting lineup this Sunday.
Ruh roh.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:08 pm

I am sure I could still find someone who will tell me this assclown is elite...he fuckin sucks. He doesn't even stay healthy long enough to prove he sucks when he is healthy.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:21 am

Quote :
When the 2013 season ends, Rice will have appeared in just 39 of a possible 64 games going back to 2009.
Amendola is at 32 games since 2009. If Amendola manages to stay healthy for the remainder of the year, Rice will pass him and become elite.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:55 pm

CUT

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Had to happen. I guess someone will pick him up?

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:56 pm

If he can stay healthy he's good but that's a big if. The Jets had ridiculous WR's this year, if your the jets or jags why not take a chance if the price is right

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:01 am

There are a bunch of FA WR's who have some talent. I'm guessing Rice will get a 1 year deal with incentives. He is decent receiver when healthy. Getting out of Seattle is probably good for him. His stats should improve in the right offense.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:38 am

MFL needs to hurry up and list him as an UFA so I can cut the bum.See ya

Back to top Go down
Luxembourg Miners

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:08 am

a bum.... vote no 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:18 am

Resigned with the Hawks.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 am

I hope the Hawks don't play him over guys like Baldwin and Kearse... Rice has proven he is average and can't stay healthy... but I think both Baldwin and Kearse showed flashes last year that they both have a lot more promise than Rice will ever have again... It would be a shame if Rice hinders those guys development...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:13 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I hope the Hawks don't play him over guys like Baldwin and Kearse...   Rice has proven he is average and can't stay healthy...    but I think both Baldwin and Kearse showed flashes last year that they both have a lot more promise than Rice will ever have again...   It would be a shame if Rice hinders those guys development...

Exactly my thoughts. He is a fuckin hack who Brett Favre made look like something for ONE YEAR. He should be the turd they field if one of the other guys can't play but I will be  sick  if he actually still gets treated like a starter and holds the others back while he gets nothing done.

Damn you Brett Favre. Damn you!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Has announced he is retiring today due to concussion concerns.

Not much relevance to fantasy nowadays but do remember that 1 great season he had a few years back.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Good. Get out. Fuckin one season wonder who caused my ears to bleed with all the dingleberries trying to convince me his ass was elite. Make sure you call Brett and thank him again for getting your ass paid.

oh, and good luck in retirement sir.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Good riddance... one less guy to get in the way of Baldwin, Kearse and Richardson...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Good riddance...   one less guy to get in the way of Baldwin,  Kearse and Richardson...

rock on 

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:46 pm

Fuck that guy!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:55 pm

#baldwin

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:13 pm

5 years ago or so I traded Roddy White for Rice and a 1st. He's still on my roster in that fucking league and I'll take great fucking pleasure in finally cutting his ass. Ashamed I held on so long actually.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:59 am

We're all ashamed of you too Corey

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:05 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
5 years ago or so I traded Roddy White for Rice and a 1st.  He's still on my roster in that fucking league and I'll take great fucking pleasure in finally cutting his ass.  Ashamed I held on so long actually.

Who did you get with the 1st round pick you received? Did you get anything for White?

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 am

Sidney Who? I seen more Sidney Poithier movies than plays this brittle bastard ever made. Now that you are off the NFL pay wagon Sidney remember this. Wipe your over paid ass s-l-o-w-l-y. Cause when you dislocate your elbow, it ain't coming with a fat pay check next time.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:33 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
5 years ago or so I traded Roddy White for Rice and a 1st.  He's still on my roster in that fucking league and I'll take great fucking pleasure in finally cutting his ass.  Ashamed I held on so long actually.

Who did you get with the 1st round pick you received?   Did you get anything for White?

Had to go back and look.  Got A.J. Green with the pick.  Ended up being 1.4.

Remember being surprised he fell to me there, though. Order that year went...

1.1 Cam Newton
1.2 Mark Ingram
1.3 Julio Jones
1.4 A.J. Green

But then I took Daniel Thomas at 1.7. Geezus. Ashamed again.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Well, getting AJ Green makes it palatable at least.... White is good and fairly reliable but he is no AJ Green...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sidney Rice WR RET   

Back to top Go down

Sidney Rice WR RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: