Share | 

C.J. Spiller RB KC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Quote :
The Bills say they have a better plan for C.J. Spiller this season. Analysis: In the nine full games that Fred Jackson played in last year, Spiller averaged a meager 3.4 touches per game. Finding a way to get both explosive running backs touches should be a priority for the Bills this season. Coach Chan Gailey is already on the record saying he hopes Jackson and Spiller focus on "team success, not personal workload."

I hate this RB situation and have avoided it in all leagues.   Laughing

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:02 pm

I have no idea why people are so enamored of CJ Spiller. Fred Jax is still in the mix (what was he number four at the position in scoring before the injury) and right now Doug Martin is getting more first team reps than Spiller. I will never draft the guy.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:03 pm

I don't buy that Freddy boy is just gonna waltz back in and pick up where he left off either. I have no idea how this plays out.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
I have no idea why people are so enamored of CJ Spiller. Fred Jax is still in the mix (what was he number four at the position in scoring before the injury) and right now Doug Martin is getting more first team reps than Spiller. I will never draft the guy.

good post

It really is almost as bad as the SF and CAR RB situation.

Spiller is the heir apparent to Jackson but he's locked up for another 3 years now. By the time Jackson is out of Buffalo Spiller won't have many years left himself.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:51 pm

This looks like it is going to be another brutal time share. Jackson had it all last season at the start when Spiller looked like he had potential to be a bust. Once the injury to Jackson came along, Spiller came in and played admirably. I think people are high on Spiller because he could do so well if he were on his own. I see this situation as almost a mirror image of D. Williams/Stewart.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Yes I see the two as mirror images which is why I don't have either on any of my rosters.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Quote :
Coach Chan Gailey suggested that C.J. Spiller will be the Bills' offensive focal point with Fred Jackson (knee) out of the lineup for a month. Analysis: "He made some big plays, which we saw last year. He's capable of doing that," said Gailey. "We're going to keep running him because we can score as fast with him running it as we can throwing the football." According to Pro Football Focus, Spiller forced eight missed tackles on 16 touches versus the Jets. No other player in the league forced more than six missed tackles in Week 1.

Don't own him anywhere Laughing

Figures.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Heyvif he can keep up those numbers than so be it. I just dont see it happening if the bills continue to keep getting their ass beat.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:53 pm

I own him in one league and was trying to trade him all off-season. Laughing I failed. Or won.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Spiller time now.........

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:48 pm

This guy is a monster. 2 TD's in just over 1 quarter.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Spiller was the name of the Greek god of awesome, I believe.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous report, Buffalo Bills RB C.J. Spiller (collarbone) had further tests after leaving the Week 3 game against the Cleveland Browns due to a collarbone injury. Tests revealed he does not have a break, and he is only expected to miss one to two weeks.

Lucky "break" Laughing

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Jackson COME BACK

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Quote :
Buffalo halfback C.J. Spiller was back on the practice field Thursday just four days after injuring his shoulder in a win over the Browns. Analysis: The team website referred to Spiller as a "long shot" to play on Sunday but you never know. He could be a game-time decision for Sunday's contest against New England depending on how his shoulder feels after practice today and tomorrow.

Great news for the Bills. I doubt he plays this week but it sounds like he should be good to go after that.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Quote :
Spiller (ankle) took part in Tuesday's practice, Albert Breer of NFL.com reports. Analysis: Spiller's level of participation should be cleared up later in the day when the team releases its official injury report, but his ability to take the field certainly bodes well for his chances of playing Thursday against Cleveland. Keep in mind, however, that Fred Jackson (knee) was also out there Tuesday and expects to also be available Thursday, and Spiller suggested that if he does go, he'll likely be at less than 100 percent.
Do you start him though? Ehhhh

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:43 pm

I just do not know what to make of this guy. Just when I think he's turned the corner something happens. He just can't be trusted, but you cant' really deal him b/c he could explode. drives me nuts.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:05 pm

If I own him I deal him. Avoided him everywhere. Not sure why it's so easy for me to avoid guys like Spiller and Murray but somehow I keep going back to McFadden.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:38 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
If I own him I deal him.  Avoided him everywhere.  Not sure why it's so easy for me to avoid guys like Spiller and Murray but somehow I keep going back to McFadden.  
Yeah that makes zero sense.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:27 am

Quote :
Bills running back C.J. Spiller has a high ankle sprain, coach Doug Marrone revealed on Monday. SOURCE: WGR550.com Analysis: Marrone said he will wait to provide an update on Spiller's availability for Sunday's game against the Chiefs, but it doesn't look good at this point. Fred Jackson only had 45 yards on 15 carries Sunday against the Saints, making it four straight games in which he averaged 3.5 ypc or lower, but he scored his sixth touchdown of the season.
This is why Mike. THIS IS WHY. MCFADDEN IS A FUCKING STUD.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Quote :
Spiller (ankle) was a full participant in Wednesday's practice, WGR 550 Sports Radio reports. Analysis: It's the first time since Week 4 that Spiller has not been listed on the injury report. Although the ankle injury only forced him to miss one game this season, he had noticed a steep reduction in his offensive snaps the past five weeks. However, after breaking out Sunday with 12 carries for 116 yards and two catches for 39 yards, it seems Spiller is now past the injury and looks primed to shoulder a greater workload moving forward.
Maybe he can help his owners down the stretch if they're still hanging around...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Quote :
C.J. Spiller will be the Bills' No. 1 kickoff returner this season according to buffalobills.com. Analysis: Although this sounds great from the outside, Spiller will likely see a drop in touches on the offense if he is indeed returning kicks. Featured running backs are never used on special teams. Conversely, Fred Jackson owners love hearing this because it reaffirms what we believed in preseason: Jackson will still have a major role in the Bills backfield this year.

Absolutely puzzling. With his propensity to get nicked up it seems like putting him on special teams would be the last thing the Bills would do.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:08 pm

Perhaps they have abandoned the thought of scoring any points on offense. If the defense can hold the opponent to zero points, Spiller can post a good return and then they can kick a field goal for the win.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 pm

What are you talking about CJ Spillman is a special teams Ace

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:44 pm

La Canfora Initial diagnosis is a broken collarbone for CJ Spiller. Fred Jackson will need an MRI on his groin. Rough day for the Bills

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:48 pm

I am so surprised that Spiller is injured.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:50 pm

More surprised than McFadden being injured?

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:49 pm

BOOM!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Huh? I don't own McFadden. shrug

troll

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Spiller is no loss to anyone. FJax on the other hand...

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Must be close to November, CJ Spilled onto the injury list, yet again ... sigh. Neutral

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:58 pm

FJax should be back,   but maybe they will finally activate Bryce Brown now...   I really like Brown,   hope he makes the most of this opportunity!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
FJax should be back,   but maybe they will finally activate Bryce Brown now...   I really like Brown,   hope he makes the most of this opportunity!

Not like he has been a picture of health himself...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Quote :
Saints reached agreement with former Bills RB CJ Spiller. Saints backfield getting crowded: Spiller, Mark Ingram, Khiry Robinson.

I really liked Ingram before this.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:53 pm

Not sure it will affect Ingram that much, Spiller is there to be the change of pace pass catching back, in the vein of Thomas and Sproles. Spiller has shown that he is not a feature back... I think the Saints are going to run much more next season than they have in the past and Ingram should get the bulk of the early down carries which should be an increase over the number of carries he got last year, and he was a pretty decent fantasy play last year...

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:55 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Saints reached agreement with former Bills RB CJ Spiller. Saints backfield getting crowded: Spiller, Mark Ingram, Khiry Robinson.

I really liked Ingram before this.  

Yep. Ingram right back where he has been the past few year's. hairout

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Peyton = RB committee
Remember this and save yourself the headache

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:48 pm

Don't give up on Ingram just yet. I paid close attention to him as he was my top RB last season. He ran like shit when they ran the hell out of him. It was when he was fresh that he was breaking good runs. Plus this should help him stay healthy.

For Spiller, I think this is the best place he could have gone. I don't think his skill set could be matched anywhere else.

Maybe it is just because I own both of these guys in another league, but I think they can both put up RB2 numbers.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Jets was the best place for Spiller imo

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Saints keep getting rid of guys for Brees to throw too (Stills and JG) but add to the RB group. I hope this isnt a reflection of Ingram's abilities I own him once LOL

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Well Spiller is the all purpose back running and catching the rock. I think he has a much more productive season with the Saints then he was getting with the bills. He's got plenty of talent, he just needs to be used to his abilitys...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:40 pm

All I hear with Spiller is excuses. Then he gets hurt. I want no part of this guy.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:25 pm

He's feast or famine but I think 2015 is gonna be Feast...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:26 pm

Quote :
Saints' CJ Spiller underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Friday in Pensacola, Fla, but is expected back for regular-season opener, per source.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:13 am

Spiller is hurt? what a shocker!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:33 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Spiller is hurt?   what a shocker!

C'mon Chris...Just a little routine clean-up...He'll be good as new, until the next time. wink

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:15 am

Better to get fixed now than when the season starts. What puzzles me is why these guys can't figure stuff out earlier. He is working out everyday. Why does something just pop up now?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:42 am

I just don't know why people still have any kind of aspirations for him to be any kind of decent player. He's injured more than McFadden.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:20 am

He'll be a ppg stud this year.

40 points in 2 games is studly, right?

tongue

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:28 am

I have been surprised to see how high has been on so many draft lists. Sure, NO made a beast out of Sproles by using him properly for once and they will probably to try to make good use of Spiller as well. But I'm not sure he'll let them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Spiller RB KC   

Back to top Go down

C.J. Spiller RB KC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: