Share | 

Cam Newton QB CAR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Quote :
pdating a previous report, Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton will report to camp Monday, July 23, which is the reporting date for all rookies. Panthers veterans aren't due in until Friday, July 27.

Love this guy.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:27 am

Quote :
Carolina Panthers WR Steve Smith said he talked with QB Cam Newton after Newton was sulking on the sidelines after being pulled from the game Week 3. 'I lit into him because I thought it was an opportunity for him to see and understand what was going on. This is more than about playing football. It's about becoming a man and understanding what this is,' Smith said.

Love it.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Carolina Panthers WR Steve Smith said he talked with QB Cam Newton after Newton was sulking on the sidelines after being pulled from the game Week 3. 'I lit into him because I thought it was an opportunity for him to see and understand what was going on. This is more than about playing football. It's about becoming a man and understanding what this is,' Smith said.

Love it.

Yeah, loved Mike Golic calling him out for his Superman dance after he scored, was great!

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Newton is too down on himself on the sidelines after bad games... He needs to stop crying on the side and be positive

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:28 am

Quote :
Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton, frustrated by losing, said Sunday, Oct. 21, that 'something's going to have to change.' The Panthers slipped to 1-5 after a Week 7 loss to the Dallas Cowboys. 'Whether it's me, I don't know. Whether it's the coordinator, I don't know. Whether it's the players overall, I don't know,' Newton said. Panthers finished 21-of-37 for 233 yards, one touchdown and one interception, and he led the team in rushing with 64 yards on six rushes. Newton also lost a fumble.

Newton is right. The whole offense has the air of inevitable failure about it. The play calls feature too many fakes and wasted movement, and the offense doesn't use the most expensive backfield in the league to nearly its fullest potential. Newton is losing confidence and effectiveness and starting to get in a rut, and he is the one piece the team can't change. This is a good buy low moment for Newton in redraft and dynasty leagues alike, as he was still a solid play today in a very down performance. Next week brings the Bears, so it might be best to wait one more week to make your best offer for him.

People are calling him out for being a whiney bitch and they might be right but he has a point too. This organization is awful and make some really dumb choices. (Like paying D-Willy and Stewart and then bringing in Tolbert...)

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Wow I just read this article... the man may be a prophet?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/03/29/cam-newton-scouting-report

Quote :
Positives: Very well-built with big deltoids and a strapping physique. Excellent arm strength — can make difficult throws off-balance while on the move and air out the deep ball, hitting receivers in stride 50 yards downfield. Throws with velocity. Composed in pressure situations and found ways to come through in the clutch. Big, strong, physical runner. Pounds defenders and can push a pile — almost always falls forward. Smooth-striding, fluid-moving athlete. Highly competitive and productive against top Southeastern Conference competition — rose to the occasion against Alabama and Oregon on the biggest of stages. Very savvy — confident, charming and charismatic and can light up a room. Highly competitive and plays with passion.

Negatives: Played in a simplified, run-first, dive-option read offense with very basic high-low reads. Worked exclusively out of the gun and was very quick to run at the first flash of coverage. Limited field vision — does not process the passing game. Inconsistent throwing mechanics with a flick delivery — generates all of his power from his upper-body strength and too often arms the ball. Streaky passer with spotty accuracy. Makes his receivers work hard and throws into coverage. Does not spin a tight spiral. Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.

Summary: An extremely talented, dual-threat QB who carried Auburn to a national title, Newton has the arm and athletic talent desired in a rollout, play-action, bootleg vertical passing game and would fit ideally into an offense such as that of the Redskins or Raiders. However, he always will test the rules, be difficult to manage and lacks the intangibles to win the trust of a locker room. Will require a very strong-willed, demanding coach to live up to his potential and avoid the trappings of fame and fortune, but even the greatest taskmaster will not be able to keep away the drama that is still swirling from a stained Heisman Trophy and littered recruiting trail that Newton left in the SEC. Can provide an initial spark, but will quickly be dissected and contained by NFL defensive coordinators, struggle to sustain success and will not prove worthy of an early investment. An overhyped, high-risk, high-reward selection with a glaring bust factor, Newton is sure to be drafted more highly than he should and could foreclose a risk-taking GM's job and taint a locker room.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Good Lord. Spot on man!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Cam went from the darling of the league to just another cry baby. Hey kid, this league is tough. Shit that works one year, probably wont work the next. Defensive coordinators get paid too in this league. They are usually decent at their jobs. Grow up Cam and take some responsibility. Upgrade your game to NFL standards and drop the College style "pro" offense.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Quote :
Panthers announced QB Cam Newton will be out about four months after undergoing ankle surgery Wednesday.

Whoa what the fuck? He loses all his WR's and now his ankle is falling off? STAY AWAY.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:07 pm

What the hell is going on in Carolina? They were a contender last year, but it looks like they are completely letting it all come undone... They had a pathetic WR corps as it was but they let them all walk and haven't made a push for a replacement... can't fix it all in the draft, they need at least one and maybe two veteran free agents at WR.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
What the hell is going on in Carolina?   They were a contender last year,  but it looks like they are completely letting it all come undone...   They had a pathetic WR corps as it was but they let them all walk and haven't made a push for a replacement...    can't fix it all in the draft,   they need at least one and maybe two veteran free agents at WR.  

Nobody is left though. Santonio Holmes? Blegh.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:21 pm

And now..................................

Quote :
Panthers | Cam Newton to have ankle surgery
Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:44:31 -0700

Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton (ankle) will have ankle surgery Wednesday, March 18. Ligaments in Newton's left ankle had stretched out, and the procedure will tighten them. The recovery time is expected to be up to four months, which would coincide with the start of training camp.

FANTASY TIP: This news is not ideal for Newton, especially with the situation at wide receiver. Newton will need time with whoever the team brings in at that position. Newton may come at a bit of a cheaper price since he will spend the rest of the offseason rehabbing. With the lack of weapons around him, Newton is probably a borderline No. 1 quarterback, at best.
- See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#sthash.2jz3Xns3.dpuf

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:25 pm

I already posted that fuckstick.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:35 pm

What about Angerer though? Have you posted anything about him?

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

Damn, how did I know that was coming? I missed that you had posted it. Maybe if you were as quick to pull the trigger on the Threads as Moderator and, actually do them right, we wouldn't have this issue as you would be spending more time concentrating on your responsibilities and not fucking them up.

Heh, felt like scolding one of my kids. That was fun.

For the record, I know I'm a Dick, my wife called me that 23 times on Saturday, 7 of those were of the "You're a fucking Dick" variety.

BTW, neither of those were a 1 day record.

Evil laugh  Evil laugh  Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:39 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

Damn, how did I know that was coming? I missed that you had posted it. Maybe if you were as quick to pull the trigger on the Threads as Moderator and, actually do them right, we wouldn't have this issue as you would be spending more time concentrating on your responsibilities and not fucking them up.

For the record, I know I'm a Dick, my wife called me that 23 times on Saturday, 7 of those were of the "You're a fucking Dick" variety.

Pshhh I fucked up once. I lost count of your fuckups Laughing

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:

Pshhh I fucked up once.  I lost count of your fuckups Laughing

ONCE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  ONCE!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ONCE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  ONCE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No, you were caught a few times. YOU just had the ability to Edit it and try to make it look good.

Just because you can correct doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

No, you were caught a few times. YOU just had the ability to Edit it and try to make it look good.

Yeah well I didn't finish last place so fuck your face!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:45 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

Yeah well I didn't finish last place so fuck your face!

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Now panic-selling Cam Newton, someone please offer me a 3rd.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Fractured rib. Hopefully will be better by week one.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:16 am

Hearing it's unlikely he plays today.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:06 pm

Quote :
The Carolina Panthers fear that QB Cam Newton (ribs) could miss three to four weeks because of his injured ribs. Newton can change the team's mind if he can show he can protect his ribs while playing. At this point, the team plans to start QB Derek Anderson Week 1.

Ruh roh.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Quote :
The Carolina Panthers fear that QB Cam Newton (ribs) could miss three to four weeks because of his injured ribs. Newton can change the team's mind if he can show he can protect his ribs while playing. At this point, the team plans to start QB Derek Anderson Week 1.

Ruh roh.

Mike is hiding in his own corner

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Quote :

Ruh roh.

Mike is hiding in his own corner

Never doubted Locker for a second. thumbsup

But yeah most of my team blows.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Every time I watch this guy I'm very not impressed. Maybe I'm so use to watching Rodgers every week but Newton has horrible accuracy, no touch and he doesn't move around the pocket to avoid the blitz well. He missed 2 TD's to Benjamin tonight that I would expect expect a good QB to make

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:17 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Every time I watch this guy I'm very not impressed. Maybe I'm so use to watching Rodgers every week but Newton has horrible accuracy, no touch and he doesn't move around the pocket to avoid the blitz well. He missed 2 TD's to Benjamin tonight that I would expect expect a good QB to make

Interesting.

You have him in the same category as you do Watt and Graham.

ROFL ROFL

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:20 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Interesting.

You have him in the same category as you do Watt and Graham.

ROFL ROFL

Dan might never live that trade down...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:38 am

Newton is the dog shit stuck on the bottom of Watt's and Graham's shoes, if that gives you any indication.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:46 pm

WOW...Looks like absolute garbage again, he can't be healthy. That's the only excuse I can come up with, he looks like a back-up at best

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:01 pm

This is getting uncomfortable to watch. Like I'm watching someone slowly beaten to death in front of me.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:03 pm

Yeah...something inhumane about it.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:06 pm

No doubt that Newton needs to get healthy before he starts another game. Derek Anderson gives you a better chance to win right now

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Isn't it illegal to air snuff films on national TV?

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:34 am

Rivera should have pulled him a lot sooner. Coaches seem to like to play starters well after there is any hope of a comeback.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:13 pm

Quote :
According to the Charlotte Observer, Cam Newton was injured in a major car crash in North Carolina Tuesday afternoon.
A truck crashed into another car and overturned at about 12:30pm ET Tuesday. It's reportedly Newton's truck. He was spotted getting medical attention before being loaded into an ambulance via a stretcher. Our thoughts are with Newton right now as we wait for more details to emerge.

Shit...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:18 pm

Hope he is alright.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Great, Cam is my QB in a couple of other leagues where I am actually in the playoffs! Hope he is okay...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:45 pm

Quote :
Updating an earlier item, Cam Newton was "conscious and smiling" following his Tuesday car accident, and did not want to be taken to the hospital.
WBTV's Steve Crump went so far as to report that Newton suffered "no injuries," and that being loaded onto a stretcher before being taken to the hospital was a "precaution." That would obviously be the best-case scenario after Newton's truck got crunched up in scary fashion. The situation will be updated Tuesday afternoon.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Damn!! That truck looks Fucked up!! I liked the photo of him lying on the ground smiling. How lucky can you get

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:30 pm

Derrick said the only reason he got out alive is because of how drives. Lean Back!!

I hope dude is ok. My favorite QB in the league.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN?

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
breathalizer?

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Oh shit I didn't even notice that!! That is why he is smiling he is either drunk or high off his ass laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:48 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Oh shit I didn't even notice that!!  That is why he is smiling he is either drunk or high off his ass laughing

Or he's Super Man!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:03 pm

Can we change the thread title to:

Cam Newton QB CAR WRECK

Too soon, even though we know he's okay?

waiting

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:40 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Can we change the thread title to:

Cam Newton QB CAR WRECK

Too soon, even though we know he's okay?

waiting

haha

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Saying two transverse process vetebrae fractures. Same thing that caused Romo to miss a game not long ago.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cam Newton QB CAR   

Back to top Go down

Cam Newton QB CAR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: